PDA

View Full Version : Bills interview UB grad Maser for OL coach

lordofgun
01-15-2003, 09:15 AM
University at Buffalo graduate Mike Maser is among the latest candidates being considered for the Buffalo Bills' coaching staff.
Maser interviewed this week for the Bills' offensive line coaching job, The Buffalo News learned. Maser, 55, spent the past nine seasons coaching the offensive line for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He lost his job when Tom Coughlin was fired as Jaguars coach last month.

Maser is a 1970 UB graduate. Prior to his stint with Jacksonville, he coached under Coughlin at Boston College.

The Bills also have interviewed a couple of candidates for their linebackers' aide job. Don Blackmon, former defensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, interviewed, along with Johnny Holland, a former Green Bay Packers linebacker.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030115/1049235.asp

Romes
01-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Notice how everyone being interviewed now has NFL experience. Its good they learned from their mistake.

Tatonka
01-15-2003, 12:06 PM
jacksonvilles Oline was one of the worst in the league. they couldnt open holes for fred at all and their MOBILE qb got eaten alive.

TigerJ
01-15-2003, 01:22 PM
The pertinent question is has the Jags Oline always stunk under Maser's tutelage. If it has only been one season the explanation could be personnel related, ie. the Jags haven't been able to replace Boselli and otherwise the Jags have let the quality of their linemen slip. I don't know because I don't track the Jags' play, but that's what I'd want to find out.