PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Reggie Bush? if you were the Bills?

X-Era
11-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Lets say this right now. I absolutely LOVE McGahee. To me he is a top 5 RB, probably top 2. By no means do I dislike the guy in any way shape or form. But, no player is perfect. He does have a few things that can be bothersome.

I still have yet to see true breakway speed from him
I do feel he bulls his way through and therefore sometimes goes down pretty quick

Now, I am a HUGE draft fan. Its ridiculous, I have watched the ENTIRE drafts and recorded the picks for the past 6 years by last count. Ive made good calls on players and bad calls on players. My most notable bust was Harrington who I really thought would be decent. However, I also predicted guys like Kearse, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Eli, Carson Palmer, and most recently Roy Williams WR and Jerome Mathis (not there yet just wait).

In my estimation and honest opinion, Reggie Bush is the best prospect since Barry Sanders at RB. Yes that includes Marshall Faulk. This guy is a future star and can do for the RB world what Manning has done for the QB world. Hes that good.

I see some assets for the Bills in a guy like Bush. If he gets past the D-line, hes gone. There is NO ONE that can catch this guy. I think he has the field vision and sick moves to rival Sanders.

So, your the Bills. You already have a top 5 RB, and you end up having Reggie drop into your lap. Do you take him? I could argue that I would. I would ONLY do it if you cant trade down right there and you were not gonna get LOTS of picks to do it. You then could probably trade either to some teams and get a kings ransom in return. Will another team pull a Ditka and fess a whole draft? probably not, but maybe their top 5 picks or something? who knows.

Personally I am a McGahee fan and want nothing more than him at RB. But, if our worst fears come true and we end up top 5 in the draft, he might drop, probably will be a top 2 pick, but if he dropped to us and we couldnt get enough to move down, Id think long and hard about taking him.

jamze132
11-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Lets say this right now. I absolutely LOVE McGahee. To me he is a top 5 RB, probably top 2. By no means do I dislike the guy in any way shape or form. But, no player is perfect. He does have a few things that can be bothersome.

I do feel he bulls his way through and therefore sometimes goes down pretty quick

Now, I am a HUGE draft fan. Its ridiculous, I have watched the ENTIRE drafts and recorded the picks for the past 6 years by last count. Ive made good calls on players and bad calls on players. My most notable bust was Harrington who I really thought would be decent. However, I also predicted guys like Kearse, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Eli, Carson Palmer, and most recently Roy Williams WR and Jerome Mathis (not there yet just wait).

In my estimation and honest opinion, Reggie Bush is the best prospect since Barry Sanders at RB. Yes that includes Marshall Faulk. This guy is a future star and can do for the RB world what Manning has done for the QB world. Hes that good.

I see some assets for the Bills in a guy like Bush. If he gets past the D-line, hes gone. There is NO ONE that can catch this guy. I think he has the field vision and sick moves to rival Sanders.

So, your the Bills. You already have a top 5 RB, and you end up having Reggie drop into your lap. Do you take him? I could argue that I would. I would ONLY do it if you cant trade down right there and you were not gonna get LOTS of picks to do it. You then could probably trade either to some teams and get a kings ransom in return. Will another team pull a Ditka and fess a whole draft? probably not, but maybe their top 5 picks or something? who knows.

Personally I am a McGahee fan and want nothing more than him at RB. But, if our worst fears come true and we end up top 5 in the draft, he might drop, probably will be a top 2 pick, but if he dropped to us and we couldnt get enough to move down, Id think long and hard about taking him.
No. I wouldn't draft Bush. I wouldn't draft anyone that early. It's too expensive. I would trade down and aquire another draft pick.

OpIv37
11-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Bush is at least as good as Tomlinson. I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, but there's no way we get a shot at him without trading our entire draft and half our team.

X-Era
11-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Bush is at least as good as Tomlinson. I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, but there's no way we get a shot at him without trading our entire draft and half our team.

Unfortunately, there is only 2 teams that are 2 games worse than we are with just 1 win. there are 8 teaqms one game worse with just 2 wins.

No one likes thinking this way, but with our schedule, we could end up in the top 5 or 3 or even 3 in next years draft.

It could happen.

dannyek71
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
no way we get him

RedEyE
11-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I would draft every guy off the Trojan OL before I would even consider looking at an RB.

gr8slayer
11-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Hell no I wouldnt but I wouldnt put it past TD. I want OL/DL right now.

J-Dog
11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Hell no I wouldnt but I wouldnt put it past TD. I want OL/DL right now. I agree we need O, and safety wouldn't hurt...we are not getting any younger at that position.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Reggie Bush is slightly overrated IMO. If he wants to be a featured RB in the NFL, he's going to have to bulk up a bit. Right now, he is a smaller Warrick Dunn. He does NOT have moves like Faulk or Sanders did. I'm not even convinced that he is worth a top 10 pick. Considering what Lendale White has been able to do, I wonder if it's the system plus some good but not great talent.
If we were lucky enough to have Kiwanuka available when we draft, I hope they make the right move.
If Bush were to fall in our lap after a few teams drafted who all need to look at RB, I'd also pass.
SF
GB
Cleveland
Minnesota
Arizona

Jan Reimers
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Our O and D lines need serious attention. We have drafted a ton of skill players the last few years, with meager results. Let's draft some stud linemen before we go for another RB, WR, or QB.

X-Era
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Reggie Bush is slightly overrated IMO. If he wants to be a featured RB in the NFL, he's going to have to bulk up a bit. Right now, he is a smaller Warrick Dunn. He does NOT have moves like Faulk or Sanders did. I'm not even convinced that he is worth a top 10 pick. Considering what Lendale White has been able to do, I wonder if it's the system plus some good but not great talent.
If we were lucky enough to have Kiwanuka available when we draft, I hope they make the right move.
If Bush were to fall in our lap after a few teams drafted who all need to look at RB, I'd also pass.
SF
GB
Cleveland
Minnesota
Arizona

Sorry, thats not what I see at all. I watch him hurdle players, juke them out of their shorts, swerve around DB's, and blast through the line like a missle.

chernobylwraiths
11-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Our O and D lines need serious attention. We have drafted a ton of skill players the last few years, with meager results. Let's draft some stud linemen before we go for another RB, WR, or QB.

:up: I would love Reggie Bush too, but we need serious help on the line.

Of course we have to hope we pick some stud linemen this time.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Sorry, thats not what I see at all. I watch him hurdle players, juke them out of their shorts, swerve around DB's, and blast through the line like a missle.

I've seen him do the same. I don't deny he has the skills to be a good player in the NFL, but his size makes him more a member of a two headed attack like in Atlanta. It's more his speed than his jukes that make people miss.
McGahee runs better the more you feed it to him. Bush would be nicked up after a 25-30 rush game against NFL LB's.
My comparison to Dunn is a compliment.

Marvelous
11-06-2005, 09:44 PM
any Bills fan, and i mean ANY that thinks McGahee is all that & then some is in denial and blinded by 1 stat. yardage. He hesitates, can't juke,,MIA stiffarm, no speed, mediocre recieving threat, a egomaniac.. on a positive note he drags the pile.... But i hope he improves soon or we should keep him hostage at his cheap salary next year also. SO YES i say draft a RB high. And

TigerJ
11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Bush is a huge talent and I would love to have him on my football team, but with McGahee on the team already, drafting Bush is not enough of an upgrade over him to ignore the critical needs Buffalo has. The only way I would consider it would be if I were sure I could make a blockbuster trade, trading McGahee for a difference maker at defensive tackle, or left tackle and maybe a promising young talent to boot.

Bmax
11-07-2005, 01:06 AM
No...nada ....heck no ......Why would we draft a small tweener rb...The guy is not even the full time starter on his own college team....He splits time with white... You build teams with the front seven on def and the o-line on off. Let's spend this first three picks wisely by picking up a dt -ol-(ot)-and a ss

Bmax...

Sportsuser101
11-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Yes I absolutely would draft Bush.

Night Train
11-07-2005, 07:00 AM
I realize that OL and DT are the teams biggest needs. Reggie Bush is a rare freak who can break open a game. I'd take him in a second but when the Bills pick, he'll be long gone.

Matters little as TD is busy scouting TE/Long Snappers who are rehabbing a serious knee injury.

BillsFever21
11-07-2005, 08:21 AM

McGahee is good but the 2nd best?

gr8slayer
11-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I agree we need O, and safety wouldn't hurt...we are not getting any younger at that position.
I dont think that youth is our problem on the OL. Its more like we arent getting any more talented.

EDS
11-07-2005, 10:09 AM

Agreed, that really undermines the original posters credibility. McGahee is not yet in the same league as Tomlinson, Alexander and James. It is a guge drop-off after those 3 guys.

Realistically, you need to ask whether McGahee is any better (i.e., more talented) then Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, Lamont Jordan and some of the other young backs being giving an opportunity in the last 2 years.

BuffaloRanger
11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
If we had a Top 10 pick I'd be all for trading it for a stud Tackle. Could the Bills get a quality Pro-Bowl LT with that pick? Maybe a stud and a late 1st round pick depending on how low the Bills pick was.

This veteran would be a Day 1 starter. There's no worries of a rookie bust or him taking years to develop. Imagine how good McGahee could be with a great Oline?

gr8slayer
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Willis has just as much if not more talent as any young RB in the league today. I could see him stepping up and being the best if he doesnt get injured.