PDA

View Full Version : Are we misreading this comment from Ralph?

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
On Mike Mularkey
"I'm going to talk to Mike and see what he has to say and see what he thinks he needs. But there are going to be some changes. What's that old song? 'There are going to be some changes made'? Frankly I forget the words beyond there are going to be some changes made."

'And see what he thinks he needs'? Is it possible instead of players he means money? As in to settle for being fired?

Just a thought.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Great thought but I see it as "what do you need to win". And depending on the answer, Ralph will make the decision to keep or can him. That's my take anyway....

HHURRICANE
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Great thought but I see it as "what do you need to win". And depending on the answer, Ralph will make the decision to keep or can him. That's my take anyway....

Please fire MM!!

:prey:

Turf
01-01-2006, 05:54 PM
On Mike Mularkey
"I'm going to talk to Mike and see what he has to say and see what he thinks he needs. But there are going to be some changes. What's that old song? 'There are going to be some changes made'? Frankly I forget the words beyond there are going to be some changes made."

'And see what he thinks he needs'? Is it possible instead of players he means money? As in to settle for being fired?

Just a thought.

That quote was pretty disturbing to me, and indicates that the lying underachieving moron of a head coach is staying.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
On Mike Mularkey

Just a thought.

I have only one real beef with Mualrkey, thats the wishy washy BS with JP. I dont care how the thing is resolved as long as Holcomb isnt our starter next year. But it MUST be resolved. That type of crap KILLS a teams chances. We will never know how many games if any it cost us.

Anyways, assuming he really was asked what players he needs, I hope he talks about the lines so that we fix it once and for all. Anyone have that comments he made about us not being good enough on the interior of the lines> I could have sworn I saw that he said that.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I have only one real beef with Mualrkey, thats the wishy washy BS with JP. I dont care how the thing is resolved as long as Holcomb isnt our starter next year. But it MUST be resolved. That type of crap KILLS a teams chances. We will never know how many games if any it cost us.

Anyways, assuming he really was asked what players he needs, I hope he talks about the lines so that we fix it once and for all. Anyone have that comments he made about us not being good enough on the interior of the lines> I could have sworn I saw that he said that.

It was me. He said it on Afternoon Blitz on Sirrius NFL Radio.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 06:11 PM
It was me. He said it on Afternoon Blitz on Sirrius NFL Radio.

If true, and our new GM has a set, we end up with Bentley or Hucth and Lewis/Pickett/Tripllett/ or Hovan.

Thats plenty when spiced up with a few picks. I LOVE Marvin Phillips from Cal. That guys is gonna be good. I also love whoever falls out of round 1 at OT, Justice, McNeil, Trueblood any would make me happy.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
If we keep Mularkey, I hope Ralph and the new GM tell him that JP Losman is the future. You better play him or be prepared to get out of here.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM
If we keep Mularkey, I hope Ralph and the new GM tell him that JP Losman is the future. You better play him or be prepared to get out of here.

I think any issues with that died today with another holcomb loss and terrible outing. Also if they cut the 'problem' Veterans then it will show it is MM's way or you are out.

Have him just say this is JP's team and if you don't like it, TOUGH!!!

HHURRICANE
01-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I think any issues with that died today with another holcomb loss and terrible outing. Also if they cut the 'problem' Veterans then it will show it is MM's way or you are out.

The problem here is that MM is such a pussy that he will never come out and say anything. He can't even tell you who's starting half of the time. A good GM is our only savior or MM getting fired.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 06:21 PM

exactly.

Turf
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
This team needs such overhaul that a full housecleaning is needed top to bottom to accomplish it.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
exactly.

Well, there is likely to be enough changes including Moulds that any of the player complaining wont feel secure enough with the new front office to say jacksquat, at least I hope.

kinigirly
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
i don't see moulds being here next year for two reasons. first he is too damned expensive. i'm sorry but we don't have money to spend on you to keep you around so you can retire here. your multi million dollar paycheck needs to buy a new o-line for the future of our team. and secondly i don't think he would want to stay solely because of his strong dislike of jp. he will not accept jp as the team captain, and that disregard is not gonna work out again

HHURRICANE
01-01-2006, 07:12 PM
i don't see moulds being here next year for two reasons. first he is too damned expensive. i'm sorry but we don't have money to spend on you to keep you around so you can retire here. your multi million dollar paycheck needs to buy a new o-line for the future of our team. and secondly i don't think he would want to stay solely because of his strong dislike of jp. he will not accept jp as the team captain, and that disregard is not gonna work out again

:goodpost:

Drive 4 Five
01-01-2006, 08:25 PM

I don't know about all that being too expensive stuff. While no longer among the "elite" I still think that Moulds is still a very good receiver. Trust me. Evans and Parrish ain't going to be **** without No. 80. He deserves to be paid and this team needs him. I seriously do not think he is looking to break the bank and therefore should not be that difficult to sign.

As for his relationship with Losman, your view of his personal "dislike" for the young QB is nothing more than speculation on your part.

The last thing this team needs is to lose more good players and I really am not looking forward to this guy lining up in a Patriots/Jets/or Dolphins uniform for a very reasonable contract, which we very easily could have fulfilled, but instead were too God damn cheap, and then we have to watch him destroy our secondary twice a year for the next few years.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't know about all that being too expensive stuff. While no longer among the "elite" I still think that Moulds is still a very good receiver. Trust me. Evans and Parrish ain't going to be **** without No. 80. He deserves to be paid and this team needs him. I seriously do not think he is looking to break the bank and therefore should not be that difficult to sign.

As for his relationship with Losman, your view of his personal "dislike" for the young QB is nothing more than speculation on your part.

The last thing this team needs is to lose more good players and I really am not looking forward to this guy lining up in a Patriots/Jets/or Dolphins uniform for a very reasonable contract, which we very easily could have fulfilled, but instead were too God damn cheap, and then we have to watch him destroy our secondary twice a year for the next few years.

Eric moulds is a 2x woman beater, Spits on players and throws his young QB under the bus. Then goes and gets his butt suspended.

time to part ways.

!Papacrunk!
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
But there are going to be some changes. What's that old song? 'There are going to be some changes made'? Frankly I forget the words beyond there are going to be some changes made."

That part made me laugh. Laugh out loud.

McBFLO
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
The problem here is that MM is such a pussy that he will never come out and say anything. He can't even tell you who's starting half of the time. A good GM is our only savior or MM getting fired.

I have a feeling a lot of that is coming from TD. I think he's basically told Mularkey not to say anything, at all costs. Mularkey has sounded too moronic in his explanations for things. "An injury to the leg area" is one example. TD is running the show over there like a damn dictatorship!

My thinking is that with a new GM, Mularkey has more freedom to operate as he sees fit, for better or for worse. That includes talking to the media about injuries, etc.

gr8slayer
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM

+1

Throne Logic
01-01-2006, 09:58 PM

That was my take on it too. Mularky's job depends on his answers during that little chat with Ralph.

I found it VERY interesting that Ralph said he was "going to talk with Mike". He didn't say anything about "going to talk with Tom", which could also be applied to Modrak.

Short interview, but it sure seems like he left some major hints in those few words.