PDA

View Full Version : Q for Wys and other Drew haters

Judge
01-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Who would you rather have as QB of the Bills?

I don't understand how you could think we'd be better off with anyone else.

You constantly complain and make up crazy statistical analyses to back your point up, but I don't recall you explaining what you'd prefer to see for our QB situation.

Do you want to go for an untested rookie? A CFL player hoping to find Flutie/Garcia success? A journeyman QB?

If so, why?

As for me, I'd prefer to have a QB with leadership ability and experience who can hit the long ball. There are very few, and we have one!

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 11:51 AM
you're really asking for a series of consecutive long posts,aren't you?

Ebenezer
01-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Judge! Amen! But don't expect an answer...I have asked this question numerous times...even started a thread about it myself...nobody ever has an answer.

justasportsfan
01-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Judge , how can you guys be so blind? He wants Rob Johnson back.

Drew came from a SB team last year and ended up with a team that went 8-8. Robosack went from 3-13 to the SB. So tell me who's the better qb?

Voltron
01-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Drew came from a SB team last year and ended up with a team that went 8-8. Robosack went from 3-13 to the SB. So tell me who's the better qb?

:rofl:

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:06 PM

Funny!

I'd really like a serious answer from Wys or someone else who agrees with Wys, however.

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Judge
I'd really like a serious answer from Wys or someone else who agrees with Wys, however.
There's someone else out there agreeing with Wys? What???

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm still waiting, Wys- show up with an answer!

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm still waiting, Wys- show up with an answer!

The long pause can mean he is 1) away at the moment, 2) not going to answer, or 3) peparing his longest post yet. :D

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

The long pause can mean he is 1) away at the moment, 2) not going to answer, or 3) peparing his longest post yet. :D

the answer is probably 3.

justasportsfan
01-22-2003, 12:29 PM

DO I LIE?

Got this from another thread:

WYS:"As to RJ, he didn't have a history behind him prior to Buffalo. I know he has issues, but he played at least a dozen very good if not excellent games for us while he was here. Instead, everyone focuses on the handful, 4 or 5 absolutely abysmal games that he had last season and blames him for not winning games on the same exact bases that Drew is given a pass. The logical flaws behind those supporting Drew are the problem. "

He defended Rob over Doug, and he's defending Rob over Drew.

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 12:30 PM

or 4) trapped under a large object.

Voltron
01-22-2003, 12:40 PM
You have to give him at least an hour to make up some formulas that he can try and lose you with. Then he will need another 4 hours to write 4 pages of stuff with about 4 paragraphs having some semblance of a point.

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 12:47 PM
I think he's adding up the wins Jeff Blake has against teams over 10-6. Going back to Blake's Pop Warner team.

WG
01-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Who would you rather have as QB of the Bills?

I don't understand how you could think we'd be better off with anyone else.

You constantly complain and make up crazy statistical analyses to back your point up, but I don't recall you explaining what you'd prefer to see for our QB situation.

Do you want to go for an untested rookie? A CFL player hoping to find Flutie/Garcia success? A journeyman QB?

If so, why?

As for me, I'd prefer to have a QB with leadership ability and experience who can hit the long ball. There are very few, and we have one!

Sorry Judge. I've answered this no less than a dozen times before. Don't be so lazy and go do some of your own work. I took the time to lay it out, the least you can do if you expect an answer is spend a fraction of the time finding the posts.

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Unless Wys answers, I'd say his credibility regarding his posts criticizing Bledsoe and stating gibberish like "as long as Drew is a Bill we won't win a Super Bowl" is completely shot.

WG
01-22-2003, 12:54 PM
P.S. You won't get any of the other "Drew haters" involved in threads like this one. Most think I've said all that can be said and more.

Q for you:

What's it like w/ your head underneath the ground? :D

I nominate you as Chairman of the Ostrich Club Judge.

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I'm lazy. I admit it.

I just want one answer. Who would be better than Bledsoe - either last season or this upcoming season? You can answer with just one word (the person's last name).

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Jeff Blake? AVP? Travis Brown?

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
P.S. You won't get any of the other "Drew haters" involved in threads like this one. Most think I've said all that can be said and more.

Q for you:

What's it like w/ your head underneath the ground? :D

I nominate you as Chairman of the Ostrich Club Judge.

That's one pathetic answer- show some courage. You're always challenging people, but never respond to challenges to you.

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Does anyone else notice Wys's credibility on his observations slipping away?

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Yes, I do. Why else would 99% of the everyone here disagree with him.

At least the RJ vs. DF fued had about equal people on each side.

Judge
01-22-2003, 12:59 PM

Sorry Judge. I've answered this no less than a dozen times before. Don't be so lazy and go do some of your own work. I took the time to lay it out, the least you can do if you expect an answer is spend a fraction of the time finding the posts.

What a lame-o reply. Show some guts. You haven't yet!

WG
01-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Jeff Blake? AVP? Travis Brown? ]

For someone who constantly states that you have to look at "everthing", I will consider that "everything" means opportunity costs as well, I find it amusing that you try and state this question so simplistically!

Let me ask you, if you knew that we would make the playoffs, but that Drew would "throw the big games" in the playoffs ahead of time, what would your solution be?

Would it be to keep him? Or try another? If so, then whom?

Like I said BFO, sometimes the best contribution a player can make is to simply not make critical errors that turn the game around. Drew is not capable of doing that for more than a game, possibly two if the stars line up just right, in a row!

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 01:03 PM
]

For someone who constantly states that you have to look at "everthing", I will consider that "everything" means opportunity costs as well, I find it amusing that you try and state this question so simplistically!

Let me ask you, if you knew that we would make the playoffs, but that Drew would "throw the big games" in the playoffs ahead of time, what would your solution be?

Would it be to keep him? Or try another? If so, then whom?

Like I said BFO, sometimes the best contribution a player can make is to simply not make critical errors that turn the game around. Drew is not capable of doing that for more than a game, possibly two if the stars line up just right, in a row!

Ah hem! One word answer please!

Who would you rather have in here besides Bledsoe?

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 01:07 PM
I ask for a one word answer and I get 50 questions.

WG
01-22-2003, 01:12 PM
If it meant Blake and having a DT like Adams and still our first rounder left for this year, you bet I'd take that. In a heartbeat. So will you have after this coming season. After everyone starts seeing the truth a little more clearly after not being able to capitalize on lessens learned this season and on 9 years of prior history. ;)

Sorry, no one-word answers.

But since you like one word answers so much, here's a Q for you:

Did Drew's INTs cost us at least 4 games this season?

Judge
01-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I ask for a one word answer and I get 50 questions.

Ridiculous, isn't it? If Wys can't answer my simple question, then he either doesn't understand it or knows he's wrong.

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 01:16 PM
If it meant Blake and having a DT like Adams and still our first rounder left for this year, you bet I'd take that. In a heartbeat. So will you have after this coming season. After everyone starts seeing the truth a little more clearly after not being able to capitalize on lessens learned this season and on 9 years of prior history. ;)

Sorry, no one-word answers.

But since you like one word answers so much, here's a Q for you:

Did Drew's INTs cost us at least 4 games this season?

Ok Mr. No One Word Complex Scenario Giving Answers. I'll answer your question in the same manner. With plenty of ifs ands and buts.

If our D, and special teams for that matter, had come up with more turnovers, Drew would not have cost those 4 games and we would have won some more. We were #32 in the league in takeaways.

justasportsfan
01-22-2003, 01:25 PM
If it meant Blake and having a DT like Adams and still our first rounder left for this year, you bet I'd take that. In a heartbeat. So will you have after this coming season.

You said that before season started .

Started a thread "Drew sucks , let me count the ways"

Then started a thread "Drew's the man"
"Drew's an animal"

Now you're back to "Drew sucks."

Make up your mind.

Need I mention Travis Henry too?

Voltron
01-22-2003, 04:49 PM

You said that before season started .

Started a thread "Drew sucks , let me count the ways"

Then started a thread "Drew's the man"
"Drew's an animal"

Now you're back to "Drew sucks."

Make up your mind.

Need I mention Travis Henry too?

I don't think I have ever seen a nail hit so squrely on its head!

:shake:

Butch
01-22-2003, 08:12 PM
WYS' predictions about the Bills and Bills players the past two years is about as accurate as a blind man playing darts. The more he posts, the better it gets for the rest of us.

WG
01-22-2003, 11:18 PM

Ok Mr. No One Word Complex Scenario Giving Answers. I'll answer your question in the same manner. With plenty of ifs ands and buts.

If our D, and special teams for that matter, had come up with more turnovers, Drew would not have cost those 4 games and we would have won some more. We were #32 in the league in takeaways.

What's the matter there BFO, can't abide by your own silly rules...

;)

WG
01-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

I don't think I have ever seen a nail hit so squrely on its head!

:shake:

As I mentioned, I was being gracious at the beginning of the season and had simply agreed that he was playing good ball at the beginning of the year.

But no one can say that he played anything but sub-average ball down the stretch of the last 10 games or so, and unfortunately, in the most important games of the season.

What, the team is static? No players every improve or get worse! Come on here fellas... Y'all can do better than that!

:)