PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

Bill Brasky
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.thesunnews.net/editorial.php3?idkey=4903

And according to sources involved with stadium security, because of the excessive number of rowdy and drunken fans inhabiting Ralph Wilson Stadium these days, Buffalo is fast earning the reputation as the most hazardous venue in the National Football League.

I think the time has come for the Buffalo Bills to seriously consider a ban on sales of all alcoholic beverages inside the stadium. Further, I think they should refuse entry to any ticket holder clearly identified as drunk upon arrival.

Let's look at the situation for a second...

Oakland Raiders - Chargers fan stabbed.
NY Jets - fan stabbed.
NY Giants - snowballs throw at officials/players.
Philadelphia Eagles - can't even count the # of idiotic things those morons have done. They have a JAIL within their stadium!

Buffalo is hardly the most "dangerous" venue in the NFL.

Sounds like a soccer mom sat next to some moron and was offended her kid heard the words "YOU SUCK" in real life as oppossed to some video game. I doubt this lady has ever even been to a game, but if she has, what the Bills need to do is ban people like her from trying to crap on everyone's party.

vicmantak
01-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Agree and I wonder if Christina Abt really knows some universal "rules" about self-security, timing, tickets and specially FRIENDSHIP...

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 07:24 AM
We're definitely not the most dangerous...but we have had a notable increase in problems the past few years, IMO

Michael82
01-22-2006, 08:16 AM
We're definitely not the most dangerous...but we have had a notable increase in problems the past few years, IMO
So has everybody else. It's called suckiness. When your team sucks, people are looking for something to keep themselves amused. :ill:

But this idiot who is writing this article better not forget about how bad it was in New Jersey....they banned alcohol sales for their night game because of how nasty it was getting there.

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 08:21 AM
they talked about banning it for our night game as well...and going by the disruptions in the stands, it might've been a good idea

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Whil I agree the most dangerous part is going too far, it is getting worse there. And your soccer mom example is just as much of an exaggeration. People should be bale to take their kids to a game without here constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out. Not to mention the increase in fights.

And Mikey, don't blame the suckiness. You know as well as I do that there is no excuse for how some of the people act. Hell it was not nearly this bad in the stands when this team really sucked in the mid-80's.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Whil I agree the most dangerous part is going too far, it is getting worse there. And your soccer mom example is just as much of an exaggeration. People should be bale to take their kids to a game without here constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out. Not to mention the increase in fights.

And Mikey, don't blame the suckiness. You know as well as I do that there is no excuse for how some of the people act. Hell it was not nearly this bad in the stands when this team really sucked in the mid-80's.
i agree that there is no excuse. People act like complete *******s, especially when they are drunk. I agree with you on everything with the drunks fighting, and looking like fools when they slobber around and trip all over the place and spill beer on my ****ing jacket.... :mad: But the profanity is a different things. Many people, me included...use the football game to let loose and release their anger at the opponents or at the refs. We should be allowed to open our mouths and not have to worry about some mom getting mad at us for what we say.

A football game is NOT intended for little kids. any parent that wants to keep their kids away from hearing profanity or other things, should NOT take their kid to an NFL game. However, there is a family section and there is no alcohol allowed there, plus they watch people more closely there. That's the best there is for the families. But i still say that a kid shouldn't be going to a football game until he is in his teens and by then, he probably knows all the words already..from school. :::

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 09:03 AM
There is a difference beteen using profanity and dropping a "WTF were you thinking" and dropping 3 F-bombs every minute. Some people take it too far, even in the pre-season and at kids nights. Security had to boot this drunken assclown (no offense S11) out of my section last year during kids night for his language.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 09:05 AM
There is a difference beteen using profanity and dropping a "WTF were you thinking" and dropping 3 F-bombs every minute. Some people take it too far, even in the pre-season and at kids nights. Security had to boot this drunken assclown (no offense S11) out of my section last year during kids night for his language.
That's the one word I try to steer clear of. I drop a bunch of other words, but the f-bomb is one that I rarely use at the games.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Me too.

(Except when the Bills insist on throwing the ****ing ball every 2rd and short)

Michael82
01-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Me too.

(Except when the Bills insist on throwing the ****ing ball every 2rd and short)
yeah, that was when I started saying some f bombs and other things. Or when a ref screws us over big time. :mad:

Meathead
01-22-2006, 09:33 AM
constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out.
i consider the day a failure if i dont do all those things

Historian
01-22-2006, 09:48 AM

I agree completely.

My kid loves to go, but I don't know that I want to expose her to much more of this silliness in the future.

Historian
01-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Many people, me included...use the football game to let loose and release their anger at the opponents or at the refs. We should be allowed to open our mouths and not have to worry about some mom getting mad at us for what we say.

Therein lies the problem.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun...for all.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.

gr8slayer
01-22-2006, 09:59 AM
People act like going to a football game is supposed to be a "family gathering." Get your head out of your ass. Your going to go watch grown men try to take each others faces off. There is nothing "family" about the NFL.

Hell you have half ass naked women right infront of you the whole game.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 09:59 AM

It's a game.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.
I like that solution. BTW, I almost NEVER drink at a football game or even before. I prefer to enjoy my experience and be able to remember it later on. :up:

Michael82
01-22-2006, 10:00 AM
People act like going to a football game is supposed to be a "family gathering." Get your head out of your ass. Your going to go watch grown men try to take each others faces off. There is nothing "family" about the NFL.

Hell you have half ass naked women right infront of you the whole game.
That's exactly what I was saying. It's definitely NOT a family type event. Especially not for younger kids.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 10:03 AM
How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 10:04 AM
How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.
exactly :up:

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 10:06 AM

It's a game.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple. you cant end drinking in the endzone lol BAD BAD BAD those are my seats. i drink at the games but i dont do anything dumb, yeah sometimes i scream bad words but..uhhhh look at who i am watching thank you very much.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree completely.

My kid loves to go, but I don't know that I want to expose her to much more of this silliness in the future. awww i love when she comes..shes so cool. My dad never let me go to game till i was 13 then i had to stick with him till i was 15 then i started going by myself or with friends

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I remember 5/6 better than 13 years old for some reason. I must be trying to block something out.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Mind you the second i hit 15 and got to a game i got trashed...went to my first bar that night. billsology dont ever let your daughter out of the house. Cuz if i did that and i was a really really really good girl when i was 15 any girl will get into trouble.

Dozerdog
01-22-2006, 10:22 AM
It's not just booze.

For some stupid reason people think they can stand on their seat 3-4 feet away from kids and scream the most absurd profanities at refs or players.

F-bombs, sexual profanities, even racial stuff on occasion just because they spent $40. I'm all for making noise, but behavior has definately taken a dive.

The price of the seats also do have an impact. If tickets averaged $75-100 a game, like they do in some places- or if the season ticket waiting lists were twice the stadium capacity (Green Bay, Tampa, Giants, Skins) then people are less apt to make asses of themselves.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
This is so stupid. It's a FOOTBALL GAME! You don't expect a gentlemen like or family atmosphere at these games like you would with a baseball game (ok we'll exclude Fenway from that list haha). People need to stop being so damn sensitive, and use a little common sense before buying tickets. Do not ban alchoal sales! Do not ruin the fun for people that use their weekly paycheck to buy tickets. Maybe people should think about Mikey's statement of the team sucking for the last six years as a cause. I really believe if this team starts playing football in January again like it's tradition, the hostility in the crowd would reduce.

ParanoidAndroid
01-22-2006, 10:56 AM
How about this...
Have fun, have a couple beers or whatever you like. (I'm a fan of Irish coffee myself...at least at a cold game.)
Alcohol is fine until it turns you into a rude, blathering idiot.
Watch some football.
Look around you and make sure you're considerate of the other people watching the game.
If you are unable to do that, chances are you drank too damn much.
There are taxpaying, ticket-buying adults who enjoy watching football but don't appreciate poor language and rude behavior.
Simple manners are not a tall request.
If you see someone getting out of control near you or even within your group, help nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue. Talk to your friend or if you don't know them, get security.
This way, there is no need to ban alcohol.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 11:08 AM
This is so stupid. It's a FOOTBALL GAME! You don't expect a gentlemen like or family atmosphere at these games like you would with a baseball game (ok we'll exclude Fenway from that list haha). People need to stop being so damn sensitive, and use a little common sense before buying tickets. Do not ban alchoal sales! Do not ruin the fun for people that use their weekly paycheck to buy tickets. Maybe people should think about Mikey's statement of the team sucking for the last six years as a cause. I really believe if this team starts playing football in January again like it's tradition, the hostility in the crowd would reduce.

Once you NEED alcohol to have fun, you have a problem.

People seem to missing what the point of going to a game is. It is not to get drunk or see how much profanity one can use in a 3.5 hour span. It is to relax and have fun.

As for the games not being a family atmosphere, there is no reason they could not be. If people grow up and act like adults the games would be fine for kids.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 11:11 AM
If people want to yell profane words at ever so deserving team I think they should. But will this be better "O my goodness that silly goose lindell just missed another place kick, o golly ge we just lost another game, too bad "

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 11:13 AM

People seem to missing what the point of going to a game is. It is not to get drunk or see how much profanity one can use in a 3.5 hour span. It is to relax and have fun.

As for the games not being a family atmosphere, there is no reason they could not be. If people grow up and act like adults the games would be fine for kids. Well thats not going to happen and thats why you shouldnt bring kids, i was SOO pissed this year when some kids sat next to me, then an old couple came and sat there which was even worse. i need new season tickets with no open seats by me.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 11:18 AM

As for the games not being a family atmosphere, there is no reason they could not be. If people grow up and act like adults the games would be fine for kids.

I never said the point of going to a game was to get drunk and slur profanity until the cows come home. I go to the game for the game. However, people need to use a little common sense before buying a ticket for their son and/or daughter. A football game is not a gentlemen like atmosphere. The game does not reflect it, and neither do the fans in the stands. Also, can we factor in the team sucking? It's not an excuse, it's a fact. When your team sucks are you really into the game as much as oppose to your team being Super Bowl bound? No, I think not.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Well thats not going to happen and thats why you shouldnt bring kids, i was SOO pissed this year when some kids sat next to me, then an old couple came and sat there which was even worse. i need new season tickets with no open seats by me.

I'll come sit next to you

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah we can say o my goodness and golly ee together while sipping apple juice

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Gosh dangit, Nate Clements just had a case of the butterfinger hands. *Takes another sip of apple juice, and spits it out in disgust* This apple juice stinks. I'll go get us some O.J.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 11:28 AM
O shoot anderson couldnt keep back the 2 foot midgit that just sacked JP...

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
O shoot anderson couldnt keep back the 2 foot midgit that just sacked JP...

It's ok though, we're Super Bowl bound anyways with All-Pro punter Brian Moorman! What makes a Super Bowl team these days is a great punter, and we have that here.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 11:35 AM
yeah hes such an amazing lil fella ...He's our ticket to the superbowl for sure! Who cares if we dont have a Oline, run defense, or a good QB,kicker, and our center is on drugs. we don't need those things... were just happy to gather here like a family and singing songs, hey i have an idea lets all hold hands

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 11:37 AM

:bf1:

MikeInRoch
01-22-2006, 11:48 AM
The price of the seats also do have an impact. If tickets averaged $75-100 a game, like they do in some places- or if the season ticket waiting lists were twice the stadium capacity (Green Bay, Tampa, Giants, Skins) then people are less apt to make asses of themselves.

If the tickets averaged that much, then we'd be looking at no sell-outs, and the team would move.

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 11:49 AM
If the tickets averaged that much, then we'd be looking at no sell-outs, and the team would move.
very true :ill:

Historian
01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
If people want to yell profane words at ever so deserving team I think they should. But will this be better "O my goodness that silly goose lindell just missed another place kick, o golly ge we just lost another game, too bad "

yeah we can say o my goodness and golly ee together while sipping apple juice

I believe these two posts prove my point.

At the Jets game last fall, I actually watched a kid about your age, pushing the old man behind him, probably about 65, because the old man told the drunken idiot to sit down.

This goes beyond sporting events, although that's where this stuff tends to manifest itself the quickest.

Our 50% divorce rate has created a generation of angry kids. Add alcohol to the situation, and it becomes 10 times worse.

I've been to almost 200 Bills games in my life. I've drank moderately at about half of them. I've gotten into a fight once. And that was after somebody physically assaulted my little sister.

Meathead
01-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Alcohol is fine until it turns you into a rude, blathering idiot.

what if thats the way you are sober

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I believe these two posts prove my point.

At the Jets game last fall, I actually watched a kid about your age, pushing the old man behind him, probably about 65, because the old man told the drunken idiot to sit down.

This goes beyond sporting events, although that's where this stuff tends to manifest itself the quickest.

Our 50% divorce rate has created a generation of angry kids. Add alcohol to the situation, and it becomes 10 times worse.

I've been to almost 200 Bills games in my life. I've drank moderately at about half of them. I've gotten into a fight once. And that was after somebody physically assaulted my little sister. kid my age? Do u still think im 14? hey i dont drink that much at games. nor do i push old people

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 01:16 PM
21 is still a kid to some of us...and he didn't say you...he said some kid about your age...problem is, kids that act like that are not isolated incidents

Meathead
01-22-2006, 01:17 PM
man there is no way id ever shove an old man if hes not over 80

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 01:38 PM
so people are gunna act dumb..its football, thats what its all about. drink and have fun. Watch and analize the game if you want, i do. but most people don't. If you hate the way people act so much watch it from your living room in a nice chair, and munch on some pizza and beer.

The_Philster
01-22-2006, 01:40 PM
so people are gunna act dumb..its football, thats what its all about. drink and have fun. Watch and analize the game if you want, i do. but most people don't. If you hate the way people act so much watch it from your living room in a nice chair, and munch on some pizza and beer.
Now you know I can't do that..;)

G. Host
01-22-2006, 02:17 PM
I think those who resemble most the idiots described in the article will be those who protest the month. And the author was NOT just talking about those at games but those who act like they have rabies on Bulletin Boards.

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Dont forget Cleveland fans who threw bottles and batteries and all types of junk. At least none of you had to sit behind 6 West Virginia students all year. Theyd come in so cocked and NEVER sat down. I dont mind standing, but when theres time outs or the ball is in the other end or whatever, sit the F down. I always get buzzed up before games, but never let myself get the point where I dont know whats going on. Why would you waste your money to go to the game and not remember anything?

Michael82
01-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Dont forget Cleveland fans who threw bottles and batteries and all types of junk. At least none of you had to sit behind 6 West Virginia students all year. Theyd come in so cocked and NEVER sat down. I dont mind standing, but when theres time outs or the ball is in the other end or whatever, sit the F down. I always get buzzed up before games, but never let myself get the point where I dont know whats going on. Why would you waste your money to go to the game and not remember anything?
Good post. :bf1:

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I sent a little response to that idiot who wrote this article...

"This writer is a dumbass and should be fired. Have you ever been to another stadium? Im guessing no. Try going to places like Philly. Ive been there and if you are wearing the visiting teams uni, you WILL get hit by either debri or fists. Every stadium has its ugly sides, I dont know why you were so bored you decided to write about it. Its an insult after all us Bills fans have been through for you to write an article stating we are a problem. Anyone who goes to an NFL game in any city knows what to expect. You probably think Im the typical rude out of control fan, I am rude to you because you insulted Bills nation. And on behalf of the real Bills fans, kiss our ass."

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Our security is one of the best they're in every entranceway 4 or five of them. and when a fight breaks out they're there to break it up or when some idiot jumps onto the field they're there to take him down.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I sent a little response to that idiot who wrote this article...

"This writer is a dumbass and should be fired. Have you ever been to another stadium? Im guessing no. Try going to places like Philly. Ive been there and if you are wearing the visiting teams uni, you WILL get hit by either debri or fists. Every stadium has its ugly sides, I dont know why you were so bored you decided to write about it. Its an insult after all us Bills fans have been through for you to write an article stating we are a problem. Anyone who goes to an NFL game in any city knows what to expect. You probably think Im the typical rude out of control fan, I am rude to you because you insulted Bills nation. And on behalf of the real Bills fans, kiss our ass."

:clap:

ArcticWildMan
01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
That's exactly what I was saying. It's definitely NOT a family type event. Especially not for younger kids.

Really? Did you see who I had with me at the San Diego game? My two girls had a blast. It was their first game ever and they loved it. The San Diego fans were a class act. They treated all the Bills fans very well.

I should be able to go to any stadium in the league and not worry about what my children are going to see or hear.

Attending a football game is not an excuse to act like an idiot.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 03:42 PM
o geez its 9f in alaska cold....that freaking sucks

ArcticWildMan
01-22-2006, 04:04 PM
And we just got 12" of snow last night. I spent 2 hours plowing snow.

And I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 04:12 PM
kid my age? Do u still think im 14? hey i dont drink that much at games. nor do i push old people

My dear, some of us have seen you at games. As I recall, after the opener last year, you were plastered.

And (as a general response) there is a difference between having the right to act like an ass and having the common courtesy and manners NOT to act like one.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
And one thing I can't understand is the attitude that basically says that obnoxious behaivor is more protected than expecting basic, polite adult behaivor.

What the hell is wrong with people?

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Haha I love how people neg me, and don't even bother to give away their identity. Cowards.

ArcticWildMan
01-22-2006, 04:18 PM
And one thing I can't understand is the attitude that basically says that obnoxious behaivor is more protected than expecting basic, polite adult behaivor.

What the hell is wrong with people?

I agree 100%. Buying a ticket to the game does not also include the right to act like a drunken obnoxious *******.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Haha I love how people neg me, and don't even bother to give away their identity. Cowards.

Wasn't me. I rarely neg and always sign it.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Wasn't me. I rarely neg and always sign it.

I wasn't accusing you of doing it.

AndreReed83
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
You can hear horror stories from EVERY NFL stadium. I don't know about the Bills, because I've never seen a game in Buffalo. But both times I saw a game in Arrowhead, I had multiple beers intentionally spilled on me (one time while I was 8 years old). At Texas Stadium, a female Bills fan was threatened to be punched in the face by a Cowboys fan, just for cheering for the Bills. I think the idiocy is really spread around to every stadium.

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
My dear, some of us have seen you at games. As I recall, after the opener last year, you were plastered.

And (as a general response) there is a difference between having the right to act like an ass and having the common courtesy and manners NOT to act like one. yes the first 3 games i do have a bit to drink but i never act dumb or be mean to people. by the time i make it in the game im almost sober.

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 04:58 PM

I know, did you get neg 7 from some pussy who is too chicken s*** to write his name? Some people just have no balls, they love to talk s*** from behind a computer when they neg, but have nothing smart to say when they neg. It really hurts my feelings to know some moron from billszone doesnt like my opinion.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I know, did you get neg 7 from some pussy who is too chicken s*** to write his name? Some people just have no balls, they love to talk s*** from behind a computer when they neg, but have nothing smart to say when they neg. It really hurts my feelings to know some moron from billszone doesnt like my opinion.

I loved your letter, but I guess somebody was offended by it. Maybe it was the writer of the article. :roflmao:

Dozerdog
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM

Why is this stupid?

Do you act like that at a high school football game? Or other sporting events?

I take it you haven't gotten out much- visited 100,000 seat venues like Michigan's or Ohio state's football stadiums. Some college events are a lot more charged up atmosphere wise, or even noise wise. But the difference is that the people hollering aren't calling players faqqots ir yelling **** you.

I think it has a lot more to do with plain old manners and common sense.

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Why is this stupid?

Do you act like that at a high school football game? Or other sporting events?

I take it you haven't gotten out much- visited 100,000 seat venues like Michigan's or Ohio state's football stadiums. Some college events are a lot more charged up atmosphere wise, or even noise wise. But the difference is that the people hollering aren't calling players faqqots ir yelling **** you.

I think it has a lot more to do with plain old manners and common sense.

I've only been to Ralph Wilson Stadium so maybe that explains it. :up:

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Profanity is the sign of a weak mind.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah...and that email sent to the writer only helped prove her point :bf1:

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Don't agree with me Phil. It's bad for my reputation. :ill:

EricStratton
01-23-2006, 08:17 AM
So an NFL stadium isn’t the place to bring kids anymore? What age should be the cut-off because one cool thing about getting kids hooked on football is they eventually become adults hooked on football and they are the ones who will buy tickets and keep this franchise in business long after we are all gone.

It’s called common courtesy and acting like an adult. An NFL game or any game isn’t an excuse to get hammered and ruin the game for other people who have also spent their hard earned money to watch the game.

And for whoever emailed the paper about her, this thread shows she may be dead on with this statement.

Sad to say, they and their families have been driven out of Ralph Wilson Stadium by a new breed of ticket holder: one who views the game as an excuse to engage in a full day extravaganza of excessive drinking, swearing, and all around idiotic behavior that includes abusive actions and unprintable words hurled directly at the team and the coaches.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Don't agree with me Phil. It's bad for my repuration. :ill:
Hey...sometimes you're actually right about something is all...but we know that's rare :laughter:

Meathead
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
**** off *******

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 08:26 AM
**** off *******
:roflmao:

Dr. Lecter
01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Don't agree with me Phil. It's bad for my repuration. :ill:

Don't worry, your reputation can't be damaged.

FlyingDutchman
01-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah...and that email sent to the writer only helped prove her point :bf1:

Like i said, after all we've been through, to attack Bills fans is a low blow. You can make any stadium look ugly if you focus on certain things. Im not going to be polite to some know-nothing ass-clown journalist that expects a rated G experience in a frustrated and passionate town. Sorry if I use profanity to get my point across. Telling her to kiss my bum just wouldnt get the point across. I know i dont represent all Bills fans. I just dont like the way she puts Bills fans in a low class seemily. Now you may say my letter reiterates that, but she took the first swing, and mixed in with frustration of hiring another average coach, I didnt want to her about how WE'RE the ones responsible for bad experiences at the Ralph.

footballhottie
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM
you have a point, being a bills fan has made me a very mean and scary person to watch football with. people just back away sometimes.

FlyingDutchman
01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
phil-bye the way, nothin personel, youre a good poster, Im just frustrated...

PromoTheRobot
01-23-2006, 10:39 AM
There are no problems in the lower bowl of RWS where the long-time season ticket holders sit. But spend some time in the far ends of the upper deck, or "the Rockpile" and it looks like a prison riot! I sit in sec 241 of the Rockpile and that section is full of drunk kids who aren't even watching the game. I sit at the end of the row, and I have to get up (not making this up) every 30 seconds to let some drunk out, then let him in, then let him out again 30 seconds later.

Then there's the powdered sugar wars!

And security? They just stand around and watch! Yeah, they'll break up fights, but they won't try to control obnoxious fans.

PTR

Demon
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
There are no problems in the lower bowl of RWS where the long-time season ticket holders sit. But spend some time in the far ends of the upper deck, or "the Rockpile" and it looks like a prison riot! I sit in sec 241 of the Rockpile and that section is full of drunk kids who aren't even watching the game. I sit at the end of the row, and I have to get up (not making this up) every 30 seconds to let some drunk out, then let him in, then let him out again 30 seconds later.

Then there's the powdered sugar wars!

And security? They just stand around and watch! Yeah, they'll break up fights, but they won't try to control obnoxious fans.

PTR

The rockpile is nuts i agree, but i love it. I can tell you, people do watch the games, but yeah, there were times, me included, where i was way too wasted to be there. But to be fair, football is like no other sport, it's like a religion, and this was maybe the worst season anyone (most people in the rockpile) had to ever deal with, so going to games was very hard, but we all went each game but treated the tailgates more to our liking.

Has anyone heard if they will bring the rockpile back? It's a crazy time for anyone has who hasn't expierenced it yet.

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 10:46 AM
When I take any kids, I buy the most expensive seats possible to try to avoid the riff raff as much as possible.

We don't go often, but we go in style.

Meathead
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
did i mention im an underprivileged child?

footballhottie
01-23-2006, 10:52 AM
its pretty crazy for me in the endzone but im gunna try to hit up the rock pile this year

Dr. Lecter
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
did i mention im an underprivileged child?

Is that why I see you ride by in the short bus every day?

Meathead
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
wad ah yoo twying to tay?

The Natrix
01-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Christina Abt is a stupid whore. She should just park her lame ass in front of the TV at home during the games, sip tea, and read Vogue during commercial breaks. And if she comes to the games, I hope someone throws a full can of beer at her head. One that they smuggled in.

BuffaloRanger
01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Why is nobody mentioning the 10,000+ Canadians that come down on buses? They are drunk as hell before they even get into the parking lot. Most of them come down to cheer for the other team (not because they are fans) and start **** with Americans.

The NFL is different then it was 20 years ago. The NFL has fostered a "love your team, hate the other team" attitude. Making fans more rabid is good for business. Rabid fans buy more merchandise.

The Bills have been screwed constantly by poor officiating over the years. So when the refs continue to blow calls, even with instant replays, Bills fans will lose it. Just accept that.

I will not apologize for swearing at a Bills game. It wasn't like that when you were kids. But guess what? Times have changed. It's called modern life. There's no going back to the "simpler times". Your kids will hear that language their whole lives. They may even use some of those words when they go off to college. (The Horror!!) Is hearing F-Bombs at a football game really warping their fragile little minds? I think not.

Look on the brightside... It provides a fine opportunity to talk to your children about the dangers of underage drinking.

SabreEleven
01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Security had to boot this drunken assclown (no offense S11) out of my section last year during kids night for his language.

None taken, I think....

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 10:58 AM
For everyone who has negged me and been too pussy to right your name, or anything intelligent for that matter, you sure are tough to be anoymous and behind a computer. Cant get much tougher than that. Suck my white ass you cowards...

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
I also find it ironic that some of you are writing me swearing and saying stupid stuff and saying I have no class. Arent you doing what I did to that journalist? You didnt like what you heard so you wrote something *****ing about it and swearing....you idiots know who you are...

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Christina Abt is a stupid whore. She should just park her lame ass in front of the TV at home during the games, sip tea, and read Vogue during commercial breaks. And if she comes to the games, I hope someone throws a full can of beer at her head. One that they smuggled in.

That's the attitidue to have!!!

That'll learn the stupid *****whoreslut to expect people to act like adults and use common manners and show respect!!!

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Finally, someone with balls. Thank you Lector. Not gonna neg ya back or anything. You made a point. Unlike everyone else. I agree with you that people there should act like adults. The general summary of all this was that every stadium stadium has its ugly side, some more than others. I didnt like the way this dumb ass journalist whos probably never left Hamburg is claiming that Buffalo fans are among the worst in the league. And that the Ralph is horrible to go to. I dont want that dumb ***** talkin about my team and my fans like we're all scumbags...Hell, you gotta be pretty wasted to sit throught a Bills game in the last 10 years. Some people take it the next level, but this dumbass journalist shouldnt put them in the spotlight and say they represent Bills fans...I have a great time at the game, and it should be known by families that youre gonna learn a new vocabulary at the game, no matte what city you're in...

Historian
01-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I gave feedback on the article. Not only did I agree with the bulk of it, I thought it was very well written.

Her editor just called me, and said he wanted to publish my comments. :up:

He said that feedback on the piece was about 50/50 for/against...but the "against" emails were pretty vulgar, so he's not putting too much stock in them. They were most likely from the idiots she was writing about.

:D

tat2dmike77
01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
This chick needs to dig the sand out her vagina.

Most dangerous stadium. Yeah sure i'm people getting stab in giants stadium thats no biggie but a few drunk fans swearing now watch out.

She's probly one of those people that only watches TV-G programs and says H-E double hockey sticks.

People like this is what makes me angry about this country. There are to many cry babies. I'm sure her child goes to public school and i'm sure he hears worse sees worse and more then likely says worse. But she thinks he is an angel that does no wrong.

We should send this lady a shovel and a note telling her to dig the sand out of her vagina.

Historian
01-24-2006, 04:08 PM
We should send this lady a shovel and a note telling her to dig the sand out of her vagina.

A trip to the Ralph is no day at the beach anymore...

Bill Brasky
01-24-2006, 04:38 PM
its pretty crazy for me in the endzone but im gunna try to hit up the rock pile this year

you think the rockpile is tame? It's nuts up there. I love it. The view is great too!

tat2dmike77
01-24-2006, 05:14 PM
A trip to the Ralph is no day at the beach anymore...

I understand that some of you have youngins and you take them to the games. So i'm sure that your youngins hear some language that is well not appropriate for thier ears.

But this is a chance you take when taking your child to the games. I've been to 4 games in the past 2 years and i have noticed that sometimes it depends on who the bills are playing. I've noticed the vocabulary get's taken up a notch or two when the fins are in town.

I've also noticed that many people enter the wasted. Not drunk but wasted. I mean can barley stand up wasted. I'm no angel i express my vocabulary and drink my beers as much as the next guy.

I have sat around children and i have tried to watch my mouth. But thats me i can't see calling bills fans trash cause the actions of a few get magnified. Point is when you goto a game and you get drunk then you need to try to control how drunk you get. Because the NFL will never allow a no alcohol sale policy. Think about it all the beer ads on tv, magazines, billboards in the stadium. It will never happen the NFL makes to much money off alcohol advertising dollars.

The people who need to do something about it is us. If your with your buddies and your pal starts getting extrmemly wrecked. Tell him to cool out for a minute. I mean who wants to pay X amount of dollars for a ticket and then just spend it either puking all game or getting thrown out and or arrested. Wouldn't that suck the bills loose and you spend the night in the Erie county jail talk about a crap day.

Dont drink the water
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
The rockpile is nuts i agree, but i love it. I can tell you, people do watch the games, but yeah, there were times, me included, where i was way too wasted to be there. But to be fair, football is like no other sport, it's like a religion, and this was maybe the worst season anyone (most people in the rockpile) had to ever deal with, so going to games was very hard, but we all went each game but treated the tailgates more to our liking.

Has anyone heard if they will bring the rockpile back? It's a crazy time for anyone has who hasn't expierenced it yet.

Yes they are but they are adding bars and chicken wire and calling it the drunk cage.

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Im sure she did have some vulgar responses. I know I'm supposed to be extremely polite when someone pisses me off, I shoulda told her how much i appreciate her opinion on how bad we are. I hope that dumb ***** moves to Miami where they drink more prune juice than beer in the stands...

chernobylwraiths
01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Don't agree with me Phil. It's bad for my reputation. :ill:

:rofl:

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 06:16 PM
I gave feedback on the article. Not only did I agree with the bulk of it, I thought it was very well written.

Her editor just called me, and said he wanted to publish my comments. :up:

He said that feedback on the piece was about 50/50 for/against...but the "against" emails were pretty vulgar, so he's not putting too much stock in them. They were most likely from the idiots she was writing about.

:D

Glad to see you agree that we are the worst fans in the NFL. She is so right. Every other stadium is like a retirement home. So laid back and nice. Buffalo is full of trash and drunks who pick fights. It doesnt happen anywhere else. Some of you people are niave and so quick to say and do the right thing (politicaly correct) on how the stadium should be run, when in reality thats how it is in every NFL stadium from here to freakin San Diego. Glad to see you polished the apple with that know-nothing *****. Nice to see Im the one of the few who actually stood up for the reputation of Bills fans. I drink at game heavily and usually have opponents fans sit next to me and we all get along fine. Theres gonna be isolated incidents in other places, around the stadium, but she doesnt say anything about the rest of the fans that are good and respectful. According to her, the stadium is full of 70,000 a$$holes. Obviously there isnt 70,000 a$$holes, theres probably about 10,000. But Im sure an article on how nice the other 60,000 fans are wouldnt get much press. Sundays are a release for many people after a long week of work, so they get liquered up and dont always watch their mouths or behavior. I agree maybe it has gotten a little worse over the years. But when this dumb ass puts us in a league of our own saying we are the worst, she obviously doesnt know her ass from her elbow...

-whoever wrote me that i had the "worst response ever" then didnt write their name, and tried to neg me, well you added to my rep you dumba$$.

footballhottie
01-24-2006, 07:54 PM
i dont think there is as many as 10,000 *******s.

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
neither do I. Theres probably only a few hundred, but supposedly they represent everyone...

tat2dmike77
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
If your gonna neg someone have the courage to put your name

pmoon6
01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Very interesting thread. I think calling Ms. Apt a "dumbass whore" really shows intelligence. The fact of the matter is every NFL stadium suffers from this kind of behaviour and the NFL will be forced to address it. Will it take someone getting killed or put in a wheelchair to stop it?

The argument that every other stadium is like that is weak at best. Why don't Bills fans encourage the people acting this way to stop. Why can't Buffalo be an example of what a game atmosphere should be like? Not a bunch of hooligans acting out drunken fantasies like they are part of the game. I think that was the point Ms. Apt was trying to make.

I see the selfish, self centered attitude that is typical of today's youth is clearly evident in alot of the posts in this thread. When someone disapproves of what goes on at a game, instead of agreeing and condemning it, the person is personally attacked and excuses are made for the behaviour. "What do you expect with a team like ours". What is expected is for everyone to show a modicum of consideration for others at the game. If you can't do that then it is you that should be staying home, not the guy with a family.

What it all boils down to is the people that act this way think they can do whatever they want without repercushions. It is a symptom of a society that spoils its children and does not teach them any responsibility, manners or common courtesy. It's all about "me". I weep for the future.

The Natrix
01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Very interesting thread. I think calling Ms. Apt a "dumbass whore" really shows intelligence. The fact of the matter is every NFL stadium suffers from this kind of behaviour and the NFL will be forced to address it. Will it take someone getting killed or put in a wheelchair to stop it?

The argument that every other stadium is like that is weak at best. Why don't Bills fans encourage the people acting this way to stop. Why can't Buffalo be an example of what a game atmosphere should be like? Not a bunch of hooligans acting out drunken fantasies like they are part of the game. I think that was the point Ms. Apt was trying to make.

I see the selfish, self centered attitude that is typical of today's youth is clearly evident in alot of the posts in this thread. When someone disapproves of what goes on at a game, instead of agreeing and condemning it, the person is personally attacked and excuses are made for the behaviour. "What do you expect with a team like ours". What is expected is for everyone to show a modicum of consideration for others at the game. If you can't do that then it is you that should be staying home, not the guy with a family.

What it all boils down to is the people that act this way think they can do whatever they want without repercushions. It is a symptom of a society that spoils its children and does not teach them any responsibility, manners or common courtesy. It's all about "me". I weep for the future.

WTF more do you want done? IMO, security is already way to strict. they pat you down a lot more the last couple seasons, which makes it take longer to get into the stadium. My brother got thrown out this season for doing next to nothing. It was complete BS. It was on the account of one douche bag complaing. The other 10 or so people in the area thought it was BS as well.

You grumpy old men need to get off your high horses. Who were the ones that raised this so called angry, young generation?

pmoon6
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
You just made one of my points. Your brother gets tossed and it's BS. What did he do? Second, you blame someone else for the way you are, another excuse. "It's not my fault, I'm a product of a broken home". "My Mom and Dad didn't love me enough" While I understand it's hard if you don't have a solid foundation at home, these are excuses used to abdicate your responsibility to yourself and society. It's really up to you.

I raised one son, who is happily married at 26, has already worked his way up to a management position in his company and calls the grumpy old man for advice every other week. I don't think I'm on a high horse, I'm just expressing what I see everyday.

Historian
01-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I got a nice email from Ms Abt.

She regrets exagerating a bit, but stands by her original premise, that something needs to be done.

:up:

footballhottie
01-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I have been going to games for many years and i have been kicked out twice one for next to nothing and the second time for nothing. They are just a bunch a rent-a-cops on a power high

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 02:35 PM

*note the part in my one thread about how people are quick to say the right thing and say what people should say. No kidding the place could be better, so could a lot of places. How freakin naive are some of you to think it will ever change here, or anywhere else. Behavior like this happens at other venues whether it be football games, baseball, concerts or whatever. This is what happens when you get thousands of people together. I may be part of this "uneducated bad behaved youth," but some of you older people are the naive ones. This is how it is and will continue to be. Reality check. Nothing can be done. This aint the day and age of Mr Rogers neighborhood and Leave it to beaver anymore, people behavior has changed...

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 02:36 PM

She regrets exagerating a bit, but stands by her original premise, that something needs to be done.

Like i said earlier Bills what it comes down to is simple. We as fans need to police each other in a sense.

If your buddy is drinking tequilla and beer all morning and starting to act like a jerk 2 hours before kick off. It might be a good idea to cut him off. I'm a cheap ass anyway. I do all my drinking before the game then i get a soda in the stadium. Because 7 bucks for a beer is crazy.

But the point is we need to tell our friends to cool it when they have had to much to drink. I know it might sound like being a weenie but theres a reason we goto games and it's not to get wasted. It's to enjoy a day of football with friends and in some cases family.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I have been going to games for many years and i have been kicked out twice one for next to nothing and the second time for nothing. They are just a bunch a rent-a-cops on a power high

I believe you FBH when i was at the atlanta game this season the game didn't even start and they escorted 2 people out. I dunno what they did nor do i care but i do think that some of the "rent a cops" do get on power trips.

Well i actually know they do because i worked with some that were like that. Wanting to kick people out of Nationwide arena for what they woudl say being obnoxious and causing grief to other fans.

footballhottie
01-25-2006, 02:47 PM
i work around them all the time they are a real pain in the ass.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
i work around them all the time they are a real pain in the ass.

I know they are thats why i don't work at nationwide arena anymore. I've met real cops that are much cooler then alot of the rent a cops i worked with.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 02:51 PM
bye the way pmoon, im the one who negged you for saying natrix is making excuses. That is so moronic if you think by him complaing about get kicked out for nothing is an excuse. He wasnt blaming it on anyone else and you dont know the whole story and either do I, so dont judge him. Ignorant ass. Crawl back under your rock, or should i say fossil...

Historian
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm a cheap ass anyway. I do all my drinking before the game then i get a soda in the stadium. Because 7 bucks for a beer is crazy.

footballhottie
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I know they are thats why i don't work at nationwide arena anymore. I've met real cops that are much cooler then alot of the rent a cops i worked with.Funny you say that i just got done talking with a few cops im close with and i was thinking how much cooler they were then the ass's i work with

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Has anybody ever been kicked out of the stadium for 'nothing'?

Do the cops just walk up to people at random and give them the boot?

footballhottie
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
well they think things happened that didn't.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Has anybody ever been kicked out of the stadium for 'nothing'?

Do the cops just walk up to people at random and give them the boot?

Yes many times. Ive seen people throw things and the security guards grab the wrong guy. Ive seen people kicked out for havin freakin signs and ive seen people get kicked out for smoking a cig 5 steps out of the designated smokin area...Ive never gotten kicked out bc I behave and dont put myself in bad situations, but Im sure other people have gotten kicked out for more rediculous reseasons...

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM

Ya know, i always heard the sign of a good journalist is one who exagerates...:cynic:

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Funny you say that i just got done talking with a few cops im close with and i was thinking how much cooler they were then the ass's i work with

pmoon6
01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I may be part of this "uneducated bad behaved youth," but some of you older people are the naive ones. This is how it is and will continue to be. Reality check. Nothing can be done. This is how it is and it can't change? This is hoe it will continue to be? Your premise is fallacious. You can change it if you desire, it's up to you. If you choose to maintain the status quo then the powers that be will change it for you. Then you can rail about the man and how he is suppressing your rights, a built in excuse as to why you don't get everything that you want. "We can't do anything man, we are being repressed. Niave? Grow up Boyo. BTW, I never said any of you were uneducated, just misguided in your defense of the minority that you seem to agree with.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 07:09 PM
This is how it is and it can't change? This is hoe it will continue to be? Your premise is fallacious. You can change it if you desire, it's up to you. If you choose to maintain the status quo then the powers that be will change it for you. Then you can rail about the man and how he is suppressing your rights, a built in excuse as to why you don't get everything that you want. "We can't do anything man, we are being repressed. Niave? Grow up Boyo. BTW, I never said any of you were uneducated, just misguided in your defense of the minority that you seem to agree with.

I think this is getting out of control. I'm not an old fogoy by any means i'm 28 but i know ignorant stupid behavior when i see it. I dunno maybe being in the infantry in the army made me grow up a little faster i dunno. But the point that pmoon is making is that if you goto a game and act like jerk then your going to get punished.

I've said this before and i'll say it again. If your buddy is boozing to much tell him to stop or atleast slow down. This is the problem at games some people seem to think that they pay thier money for the ticket so they can act any way they want to. Read the back of the ticket it explains that you can be ejected if security feels you are disrupting the game experience for others.

It's not a us versus the man deal it's a us versus each other deal. We need to look at each other at games. While yes this is not a problem in just RWS the author of this article is writing on her experience. Do they have these problems in other stadiums yes they do.

I can tell you this first hand. Here in columbus they got sick of students and other fans drinking before games. OSU does not serve alcohol in thier stadiums. So many people would be getting wasted passing out and peeing in appropriate places. Starting fights with rival fans and so on. It becam more of problem when the buckeyes and that team from up north woul dplay each other. So the city of columbus and the campus of OSU set a no open containor law in effect. Which basically is you can't set up in the parking lot and tailgate with an open containor. They have police all around giving out tickets and even arresting people. It sucks now if you want to drink before a game you have to goto a bar and drink then walk 7 or 8 blocks to the stadium.

Point is OSU and the city of columbus had enough of it because fans were gettting out of hand. I think the point of this thread is basically we need to control ourselves. While cursing and swearing are apart of going to a game seeing a man puking in the isleway or in the bathroom is kinda crappy. So lets stop pointing fingers and so on and just look at each other and say hey try not to get to drunk.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
This is how it is and it can't change? This is hoe it will continue to be? Your premise is fallacious. You can change it if you desire, it's up to you. If you choose to maintain the status quo then the powers that be will change it for you. Then you can rail about the man and how he is suppressing your rights, a built in excuse as to why you don't get everything that you want. "We can't do anything man, we are being repressed. Niave? Grow up Boyo. BTW, I never said any of you were uneducated, just misguided in your defense of the minority that you seem to agree with.

I know what i can do to be bettter at games. Im sure anyone who wanted to change could. And idealy, if everyone fixed their individual bahavior, then as a whole, behavior would obviously get better. Now, how do you plan to get the message out to hundreds of thousands of fans who attend games every year and ask them shape up? Thats what I mean by nothing can be done. People are gonna be themselves and act like they want. Nothing can be done to fix it. Its all up to the idividual. There are a few bad apples that I guess ruined this journalists experience. I know i see a lot more respectable fans havin a good time than i do trouble makers. Youre always gonna have those bad apples. NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO CHANGE THAT...but the whole point of the arguement against the journalist, is this is how it is everywhere, and Buffalo should not be singled out as the worst. The lady even admitted she exagerated. Thats great journalism. I guess it makes her story better to exagerate. Thats why Im pissed. Shes exagerating the reputation of Bills fan and puting us in a low class and I'm deeply offended personally, and for all of the great Bills fans that Ive come across in my life that have followed this team through thick and thin...Her story is at the expense of making me and Bills fans look like trash...

-and whats all this talk about repression? You lost me. Who did i say is getting repressed? I think you keep going into Nam flashbacks or something while youre writting...

FirstDownBills
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
"It's not my fault, I'm a product of a broken home". "My Mom and Dad didn't love me enough" While I understand it's hard if you don't have a solid foundation at home, these are excuses used to abdicate your responsibility to yourself and society. It's really up to you.

So are you saying it's an excuse to say that you live in a broken home? Then the old farts wonder why theres so much angst and backlash these days. It's because suit and tie stiffs like you could care less about a child's mental and emotional state.

EricStratton
01-25-2006, 09:28 PM
So are you saying it's an excuse to say that you live in a broken home? Then the old farts wonder why theres so much angst and backlash these days. It's because suit and tie stiffs like you could care less about a child's mental and emotional state.

The mental and emotional state of a twenty-five or forty year old has little to do with them puking on the woman in front of them at an NFL game.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 10:53 PM
The mental and emotional state of a twenty-five or forty year old has little to do with them puking on the woman in front of them at an NFL game.

Kids that come from bad homes and bad emotional states are probably more proned to severe drinking, and outlandish behavior.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Kids that come from bad homes and bad emotional states are probably more proned to severe drinking, and outlandish behavior.

Huh is that quote or a statement?

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Huh is that quote or a statement?

I was answering Eric who said basicaly what does the emotional state of a kid and him puking or actin bad have to do with each other. And I was just making a correlation.

EricStratton
01-26-2006, 07:06 AM

But should the guy at Giants stadium who just had a beer thrown at him by a drunk really give a damn.

Like tat2dmike77 has said very well, it's up to all of us at games to police these games. Don't let your friend become an ass, lay off that 7th bowling ball shot, respect the desire of other people to enjoy the game and remember why you love to go to the games in the first place.

pmoon6
01-26-2006, 08:06 AM
So are you saying it's an excuse to say that you live in a broken home? Then the old farts wonder why theres so much angst and backlash these days. It's because suit and tie stiffs like you could care less about a child's mental and emotional state. I'm not a "suit and tie stiff" and I do care about troubled kids. My wife and I were in a mentoring program until we moved to Colorado. What I'm saying is there are many examples of kids from broken homes that overcome it, many are in the NFL. Curtis Martin- raised by his mother who worked her ass off, leaving him on the streets of the hood alot of the time. Did he become a thug? Mike Croel - abandoned by his mother and adopted by a white family, had to endure the raised eyebrows and negative comments from his peers because he was a black kid being raised by whites.

The point I was trying to make and unsuccessfully it seems, is that if the hooliganism continues the powers that be will step in and end it. You will be faced with ever increasing security and bans on alcohol. You can do your part to prevent this from happening like tat2dmike77 pointed out. Let the offenders know it's unacceptable stop your buddies if they are going over the line. The game should be a good time for everybody.

pmoon6
01-26-2006, 08:20 AM
-and whats all this talk about repression? You lost me. Who did i say is getting repressed? I think you keep going into Nam flashbacks or something while youre writting...

That comment was directed at Natrix and anyone else that complains about people getting tossed for "no reason" and like I said, it will get worse. BTW, I missed the Vietnam lottery by a year.

Dr. Lecter
01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Why is it so difficult for people to understand that while legally one can be a drunken jackass, one should (due to common manners) not be so out of control that you damage one's ability to enjoy the game, offend ladies, and act improperly in front of kids.

And the attitude that one should not bring kids to a game is BS. Be a man (or lady) and let all enjoy the game. One should not have to be an idiot to enjoy themselves.

pmoon6
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Posted by WillisMcNasty

You lost me. Well, that's not to hard to do. Maybe some night courses to get your GED might help. Since you started the name calling. It really shows your lack of intelligence.

FlyingDutchman
01-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Posted by WillisMcNasty

Well, that's not to hard to do. Maybe some night courses to get your GED might help. Since you started the name calling. It really shows your lack of intelligence.

You lost me bc nobody mentioned anything about being repressed. The GED rip is a really witty one, you even had to go back and edit it. Did you think long and hard about how you could try to offend me? And thats the best you could do? All of your posts show your lack of intellignece and how out of touch your old ass is. Funny how a guy talking about acting like adults writes a line saying you started the name calling so Im going to do it too. Yes, maybe I should go to night class so I can understand your posts....good one...:crack: :loser: :yap:...moron...

Michael82
01-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Why is nobody mentioning the 10,000+ Canadians that come down on buses? They are drunk as hell before they even get into the parking lot. Most of them come down to cheer for the other team (not because they are fans) and start **** with Americans.

The NFL is different then it was 20 years ago. The NFL has fostered a "love your team, hate the other team" attitude. Making fans more rabid is good for business. Rabid fans buy more merchandise.

The Bills have been screwed constantly by poor officiating over the years. So when the refs continue to blow calls, even with instant replays, Bills fans will lose it. Just accept that.

I will not apologize for swearing at a Bills game. It wasn't like that when you were kids. But guess what? Times have changed. It's called modern life. There's no going back to the "simpler times". Your kids will hear that language their whole lives. They may even use some of those words when they go off to college. (The Horror!!) Is hearing F-Bombs at a football game really warping their fragile little minds? I think not.

Look on the brightside... It provides a fine opportunity to talk to your children about the dangers of underage drinking.

Excellent post, man! :bf1:

Historian
01-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Frankly Mike, your position on this subject surprises me, because I've never seen you:

1. Take off all your clothes in winter.
2. Throw things onto the field.
3. Get totally ****faced at a game.
4. Throw beer on other fans.
5. Start a brawl.

And you sit in a very camera friendly seat. :dunno:

Michael82
01-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Frankly Mike, your position on this subject surprises me, because I've never seen you:

1. Take off all your clothes in winter.
2. Throw things onto the field.
3. Get totally ****faced at a game.
4. Throw beer on other fans.
5. Start a brawl.

And you sit in a very camera friendly seat. :dunno:
I'm just defending all the people who get angry and start swearing and saying things. I don't have a problem with people getting vulgar. I get really bad sometimes myself and have even had the security in front of our section glare at me and tell me to cool it down. :rofl:

I do have a problem with the "idiots" though. Our section used to be full of them right behind me a few years ago. It's gotten much better since Mark *****ed at security and at the ticket office, but there are still some around. I also feel that if you need to get "drunk" or wasted to see a game, then you really should do that in the comfort of your own home. I have when the idiots keep getting up and spilling beer on me or start fighting right by me. But my biggest pet peeve of all....

Having to keep getting up and down for all those ****ing drunk morons, so they can keep filling up their cups or going to the bathroom. It drives me crazy, especially when I'm trying to watch the game. As for the fights, when they happen away from me...i find them funny. I also like it when the drunk girls take their clothes off. But the guys are disgusting fat pigs when they do it. :ill:

So here it is....

1. Swearing/Vulgarity...doesn't bother me. If you can't handle it, or don't want your kids to hear it, STFU or stay home.

2. Fights/Girls taking the clothes off...doesn't bother me, just as long as it doesnt block my view or keep me from watching.

3. Drunk idiots who are too plastered to even stand....they need to get a ****ing life. If you drank soo much that you won't even remember the game, you shouldn't be there. I don't mind people drinking, but at least be decent enough to know if you are going to cause a nuisance or not.

4. People who drink, but still enjoy the game and don't spill their beer....doesn't bother me. As long as they are able to control themselves and not fight or get in fights, im fine with them.

5. Getting up out of my seat for the other guy's beer runs, or bathroom breaks, usually 15-20+ times....annoys the hell out of me. If you know you are going to keep refilling your cup, you might as well stay out near the concession stands. :mad:

pmoon6
01-27-2006, 06:05 AM
All of your posts show your lack of intellignece and how out of touch your old ass is. Oh goody, a pissing contest. Calling someone a freakin' moron and an ignorant **** just because you don't agree with what they posted is a little excessive, don't you. I hope you get the opportunity to say that to my face.

Historian
01-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm just defending all the people who get angry and start swearing and saying things. I don't have a problem with people getting vulgar. I get really bad sometimes myself and have even had the security in front of our section glare at me and tell me to cool it down.

Serious question Mike.

Do you think it helps?

Michael82
01-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Serious question Mike.

Do you think it helps?
no, but it helps me feel better. i even do it at home when I'm watching a game on the TV and a ref makes a bad call.

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 07:07 AM
no, but it helps me feel better. i even do it at home when I'm watching a game on the TV and a ref makes a bad call.

Honestly Mike, it is not all about and one should think about others when using language.

And one question (that I have asked a number of times, but have had no answer)

Why do people think they have more of a right to be vulgar than people do to bring their kids to a game without hearing vulgar language?

EricStratton
01-27-2006, 07:15 AM
You know what would have been cool Mikey? Remember those nice pictures of your sisters wedding you posted a while ago, if as they were leaving the church someone would have started a She’s a whore chant and instead of rice some guy in a Jets jersey would have thrown one of those plastic beer bottles (half full of course) at the groom.

Follow that up with a someone giving your younger sister a Slut, slut, slut serenade and telling you to go **** your mother when you ask them to stop and the day would have been complete.

Michael82
01-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Honestly Mike, it is not all about and one should think about others when using language.

And one question (that I have asked a number of times, but have had no answer)

Why do people think they have more of a right to be vulgar than people do to bring their kids to a game without hearing vulgar language?
why do people who bring their kids think that they have a right to stop us from speaking our minds?

Michael82
01-27-2006, 07:40 AM
You know what would have been cool Mikey? Remember those nice pictures of your sisters wedding you posted a while ago, if as they were leaving the church someone would have started a She’s a whore chant and instead of rice some guy in a Jets jersey would have thrown one of those plastic beer bottles (half full of course) at the groom.

Follow that up with a someone giving your younger sister a Slut, slut, slut serenade and telling you to go **** your mother when you ask them to stop and the day would have been complete.
WTF! You are messed up, man! It's totally different.

EricStratton
01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
WTF! You are messed up, man! It's totally different.

Why Mikey, if your sister doesn't like it she should either stay home or just STFU.

Hell, I think people should come to Wegmans, tailgate in the parking lot, get loaded, puke in the produce section and start a Mikey's a fat pig cheer.

It's their right, isn't it.

Historian
01-27-2006, 07:48 AM

The reason I ask, is because I had this same conversation with my brother in law about 15 years ago...during the glory years.

He sat in the first row, and I sat behind him in the second, roughly the 5 or the goal line, behind the Bills bench towards the tunnel. Definately within earshot of the players.

SIDENOTE: (If I went in early, I would always yell to Reed, THIS IS YOUR GAME ANDRE, and he would always give me a thumbs up, or a pump of the fist...it became a pregame ritual for the both of us, and something I'll always treasure)

Anyways, where we sat, the players could definately hear us, just like you.

So one game, Carwell Gardner got stuffed a couple times on third down. My bro stands up and yells, Carwell...you suck! The next series of downs, Carwell fumbles. Again, he hears, Carwell, you ass, you suck!!! Later in the game, Carwell fumbles again. He comes to the bench, throws his helmet, and grabs a Gatorade bottle. This time he hears, Carwell...you suck more than water!!!!

At this point, the security guard comes over and tells him to cool it or he's going to toss him. So he cools it.

Then he turns to me and says...I paid my twenty bucks to get in here, I should be able to say whatever I want!

To which I replied....sure, but do you think it's helping?

Waddya mean, he says.

I mean, these guys are professional athletes. Good ones. You don't think he or the coaching staff know that he's having a bad game? Maybe what he needs is a little encouragement.

My point to this little scenario? (Which is 100% true BTW)

The players know when they're having a bad game. As do the coaches. You can say whatever you want, but it's not going to help.

And I seriously doubt that it's even helping you.

More likely, it's enabling some of the ruder jerks around you to act worse.

Just some sage advice from your Historian.
;)

Michael82
01-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Why Mikey, if your sister doesn't like it she should either stay home or just STFU.

Hell, I think people should come to Wegmans, tailgate in the parking lot, get loaded, puke in the produce section and start a Mikey's a fat pig cheer.

It's their right, isn't it.
umm you are way off base and using a personal attack.

A football game is totally different than a wedding or Wegmans' parking lot. A football game is outside and is where you watch a violent sport where grown men just keep laying big hits on eachother, and could end up dying. It's not something intended for little kids, IMO. It's a man's sport (and girl's too) and that's why most of the people in the crowd are adult males.

It's also used as a way for many people to relax and unwind after a long week at work. some people (myself included) get a little heated at a game and say some things that they probably shouldn't say, but they also shouldn't have to worry about a mom or child getting all mad at them, because they called the ref an ******* or flipped off the head coach as he left the stadium. Hell, didn't a former Dolphin even flip off the fans? That should show u how it is!

and if u have ever listened to some of those games with the mics turned on, there are tons of vulgar words that are said on field.

Michael82
01-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Oh and one other thing....

I assume you have your kids in public school, right Eric? Well, if you think what people say in the stadium is bad...you should go on a school bus or even inside the school. I bet it's 10x worse. :::

Michael82
01-27-2006, 07:55 AM
The reason I ask, is because I had this same conversation with my brother in law about 15 years ago...during the glory years.

He sat in the first row, and I sat behind him in the second, roughly the 5 or the goal line, behind the Bills bench towards the tunnel. Definately within earshot of the players.

SIDENOTE: (If I went in early, I would always yell to Reed, THIS IS YOUR GAME ANDRE, and he would always give me a thumbs up, or a pump of the fist...it became a pregame ritual for the both of us, and something I'll always treasure)

Anyways, where we sat, the players could definately hear us, just like you.

So one game, Carwell Gardner got stuffed a couple times on third down. My bro stands up and yells, Carwell...you suck! The next series of downs, Carwell fumbles. Again, he hears, Carwell, you ass, you suck!!! Later in the game, Carwell fumbles again. He comes to the bench, throws his helmet, and grabs a Gatorade bottle. This time he hears, Carwell...you suck more than water!!!!

At this point, the security guard comes over and tells him to cool it or he's going to toss him. So he cools it.

Then he turns to me and says...I paid my twenty bucks to get in here, I should be able to say whatever I want!

To which I replied....sure, but do you think it's helping?

Waddya mean, he says.

I mean, these guys are professional athletes. Good ones. You don't think he or the coaching staff know that he's having a bad game? Maybe what he needs is a little encouragement.

My point to this little scenario? (Which is 100% true BTW)

The players know when they're having a bad game. As do the coaches. You can say whatever you want, but it's not going to help.

And I seriously doubt that it's even helping you.

More likely, it's enabling some of the ruder jerks around you to act worse.

Just some sage advice from your Historian.
;)
Hmmm, interesting story. Nice job with the Andre Reed thing. That would be cool to always remember. :up:

Now, Billsology...YOU SUCK!

:snicker:

:jk: :calm:

Michael82
01-27-2006, 08:00 AM
How about one of the Letters to the Editors? :ill:

Abt's column about drunk Buffalo Bills fans is true

Editor, The Sun:

Great column last week concerning the drunken and aggressive fans at "The Ralph."

I stopped drinking seven years ago because as a musician I see "the other side of the bar" with the drunks who cast all fate and inhibitions to the wind in the hope to live for the weekend, only to degrade themselves and everyone in their path.

I feel the only way to stop this is simple - not allow any tailgating in the parking lots on game day.

These morons begin the day by drinking at 7 a.m. You think they will have any degree of civility at game time?

I don’t go to see my beloved Bills play the Dolphins because of the same conditions. You pay $50 apiece for tickets, another $20 to park, and feel threatened as the game progresses.

If the NFL has the guts to stand up to the big booze companies and not continue to be so greedy (a 12 ounce beer that costs about 20 cents sells for $4) then true fans may migrate back to the stadiums.

Greg Szczesniak
Boca Raton, Florida

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
why do people who bring their kids think that they have a right to stop us from speaking our minds?

There is a difference between having the right to do something and doing something being right.

Do you have a right to vulgar? Yes. Is it the right thing to do so? No. Common respect and manners should prevent one from being constantly obnoxious and rude. It is one thing to drop an 'aw ****' or '****' once in awhile. Whenit is standard language there is no respect being shown for people around you.

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Historian's story reminds me a little bit of an experience I had.

When I had my 4th row seats on the 50, the players could hear is. At the Cardinals game 2 years ago, the winds were brutual and neither team could pass. After every series Drew would come to the sidelines and be looking at the pictures and such from the coaches above. A drunk in front of me started started to yell at him, including comments about his family and the such. Trey Teague (injured at the time) turned around and told him to shut up (kinda). Finally security came over after this guy continued to yell and also smoke and blow it in people's faces.

He got booted and the section cheered.

I gained respect for Teague that day.

Historian
01-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Hmmm, interesting story. Nice job with the Andre Reed thing. That would be cool to always remember. :up:

Now, Billsology...YOU SUCK!

:snicker:

:jk: :calm:

I got a million of these little stories, Mike.

Here's the worst thing I ever shouted at a Bills game:

Same seats. It was a preseason game against Pittsburgh I think. Kelly played a couple series, then took off his shoulder pads, and was helping Levy and Bresnihan coach the O, while Collins, our new draft pick, and the heir apparent was in playing.

Collins looked bad. I mean George Plimpton bad. Every time he would go back to pass, he would panic and get crushed. He was so bad, the crowd didn't seem to have the heart to boo. All they did was groan.

So the Bills get the ball, he goes back to pass and gets sacked. On second, he goes back and gets clobbered again. He looked more like a little leaguer than a professional.

The action was right in front of us, so Kelly was nearby, looking on in his sweatshirt and game pants. On third Collins got the ball away but took a bone jarring hit. Kelly watching, just grimmaced.

So I yelled, "Jimbo...you really need to kick this guy in the ass!"

Exasperated, Kelly just turns to me and does one of these:

:dunno:

EricStratton
01-27-2006, 08:21 AM
My point isn’t about language Mikey and the wedding example is flawed (but would be fin to watch) but the actions are a different thing.

Going to a game shouldn’t be an excuse to throw out all reality and act like a complete ass.

As far as language goes if people are cursing and someone asks them to calm it down they shouldn’t be made the villain.

The actions are a different thing. No one wants to have to deal with the drunken idiots that have infected stadiums these days, something that you have already acknowledged. The spilled and thrown beer, constant trips up the aisle, puking and fights should not be tolerated by other fans but from the sounds of many posters here anyone who objects should just shut up.

And as far as bringing kids to the game, who do you think will be buying tickets in 10 or 15 years? It’s the kids who go to a game when they are 12 and fall in love with the team.

BTW – It wasn’t a personal attack. It was an example.

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh and one other thing....

I assume you have your kids in public school, right Eric? Well, if you think what people say in the stadium is bad...you should go on a school bus or even inside the school. I bet it's 10x worse. :::

If he could control that he probably would. And there is a difference between 8 year olds acting like that and 30 year olds acting liek that.

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh goody, a pissing contest. Calling someone a freakin' moron and an ignorant **** just because you don't agree with what they posted is a little excessive, don't you. I hope you get the opportunity to say that to my face.

hahaha, say it to your face? Oh my, for a guy talkin about troubled youths and bad behavior, it sounds like youre starting to drop down to our "trashy" level. I said you were ignorant bc you started judging that Natrix guy based on what he said and assumed he was making stuff up, or that he was blaming his problems on external factors. That my old friend, is why you are ignorant. I even explained this to you when I negged you I believe. Damn alzhiemers. You blew his reasons off and made up your own like you know everything. It had nothing to do with your idiotic posts. I called you a moron as a kinda joke bc we were talking about name calling, I guess that went right over your bald head...

The_Philster
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Hell, didn't a former Dolphin even flip off the fans? That should show u how it is!.Following the example of Bryan Cox is hardly an intelligent idea :shakeno:

How about one of the Letters to the Editors? :ill:That guy's an absolute moron...even worse than the writer of the original article...she paints a pretty broad brush by lumping Bills fans all together as rude and obnoxious...and this guy seems to think that tailgating is the problem? The guy's never tailgated in his life, I'll bet. Not all tailgate parties are about getting as drunk as you can before going into the game.

:monkeyp:
Greg Szczesniak

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 09:03 PM
hahaha, say it to your face? Oh my, for a guy talkin about troubled youths and bad behavior, it sounds like youre starting to drop down to our "trashy" level. I said you were ignorant bc you started judging that Natrix guy based on what he said and assumed he was making stuff up, or that he was blaming his problems on external factors. That my old friend, is why you are ignorant. I even explained this to you when I negged you I believe. Damn alzhiemers. You blew his reasons off and made up your own like you know everything. It had nothing to do with your idiotic posts. I called you a moron as a kinda joke bc we were talking about name calling, I guess that went right over your bald head...

Hey I'M BALD BUT BY CHOICE I SHAVE FOR THE LADIES :lmao:

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Following the example of Bryan Cox is hardly an intelligent idea :shakeno:

That guy's an absolute moron...even worse than the writer of the original article...she paints a pretty broad brush by lumping Bills fans all together as rude and obnoxious...and this guy seems to think that tailgating is the problem? The guy's never tailgated in his life, I'll bet. Not all tailgate parties are about getting as drunk as you can before going into the game.

:monkeyp:
Greg Szczesniak

It's about eating as much food as you can.

I bought a pretzle in the stadium i think it was 4 or 5 bucks and it wasn't even that good.

The_Philster
01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
It's about eating as much food as you can.

I bought a pretzle in the stadium i think it was 4 or 5 bucks and it wasn't even that good.
yeah, no kidding..:lol: The most I've ever gotten in that stadium is hot chocolate for really cold games or water for really hot ones. Prices are ridiculous at concession stands everywhere. I went to the Bandits-Rochester playoff game last year and paid $2 for a freakin hot dog! :mad: Damn thing was dinky...so when I went to the Bandits game last Saturday, I filled up at the pregame party instead of paying the ridiculously marked-up prices at HSBC

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I usually buy a soda in the souviner cups. I figure i kill two birds with one stone that way. Ya know i got something from the game and i get to drink some soda. I think thier like 6 bucks i thought about water but it's like 5 so figured what the hell i'll go get a soda instead.

Michael82
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I usually buy a soda in the souviner cups. I figure i kill two birds with one stone that way. Ya know i got something from the game and i get to drink some soda. I think thier like 6 bucks i thought about water but it's like 5 so figured what the hell i'll go get a soda instead.
I do the same thing. Those are pretty cool cups too. :up:

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 09:36 PM

They were this year.

G. Host
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM

No so cool that you can not find at least twenty after games in seats around you.

Other than water I do not buy anything at stadium other than an occasional beer I have been given by people I have been with. Bills do not even prevent food coming in so no need to buy any.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 10:00 PM
I did not know that about the food.

pmoon6
01-28-2006, 07:36 AM
hahaha, say it to your face? Oh my, for a guy talkin about troubled youths and bad behavior, it sounds like youre starting to drop down to our "trashy" level. Yes, we were talking about bad behavior and you responded by talking ****. It only proved my point. There are consequences for what you say or do to someone or didn't Mommy or Daddy teach you that.

Michael82
01-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Bills do not even prevent food coming in so no need to buy any.

they don't? Since when? I always thought we couldn't bring outside food in.