Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

http://www.thesunnews.net/editorial.php3?idkey=4903

And according to sources involved with stadium security, because of the excessive number of rowdy and drunken fans inhabiting Ralph Wilson Stadium these days, Buffalo is fast earning the reputation as the most hazardous venue in the National Football League.

I think the time has come for the Buffalo Bills to seriously consider a ban on sales of all alcoholic beverages inside the stadium. Further, I think they should refuse entry to any ticket holder clearly identified as drunk upon arrival.

Let's look at the situation for a second...

Oakland Raiders - Chargers fan stabbed.
    NY Jets - fan stabbed.
    NY Giants - snowballs throw at officials/players.
    Philadelphia Eagles - can't even count the # of idiotic things those morons have done. They have a JAIL within their stadium!

Buffalo is hardly the most "dangerous" venue in the NFL.

Sounds like a soccer mom sat next to some moron and was offended her kid heard the words "YOU SUCK" in real life as oppossed to some video game. I doubt this lady has ever even been to a game, but if she has, what the Bills need to do is ban people like her from trying to crap on everyone's party.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

Agree and I wonder if Christina Abt really knows some universal "rules" about self-security, timing, tickets and specially FRIENDSHIP...

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
    - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We're definitely not the most dangerous...but we have had a notable increase in problems the past few years, IMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The_Philster
    We're definitely not the most dangerous...but we have had a notable increase in problems the past few years, IMO
    So has everybody else. It's called suckiness. When your team sucks, people are looking for something to keep themselves amused.

But this idiot who is writing this article better not forget about how bad it was in New Jersey....they banned alcohol sales for their night game because of how nasty it was getting there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

they talked about banning it for our night game as well...and going by the disruptions in the stands, it might've been a good idea

Thanks
    Thanked 17,692 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whil I agree the most dangerous part is going too far, it is getting worse there. And your soccer mom example is just as much of an exaggeration. People should be bale to take their kids to a game without here constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out. Not to mention the increase in fights.

And Mikey, don't blame the suckiness. You know as well as I do that there is no excuse for how some of the people act. Hell it was not nearly this bad in the stands when this team really sucked in the mid-80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Whil I agree the most dangerous part is going too far, it is getting worse there. And your soccer mom example is just as much of an exaggeration. People should be bale to take their kids to a game without here constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out. Not to mention the increase in fights.

And Mikey, don't blame the suckiness. You know as well as I do that there is no excuse for how some of the people act. Hell it was not nearly this bad in the stands when this team really sucked in the mid-80's.
    i agree that there is no excuse. People act like complete *******s, especially when they are drunk. I agree with you on everything with the drunks fighting, and looking like fools when they slobber around and trip all over the place and spill beer on my ****ing jacket.... But the profanity is a different things. Many people, me included...use the football game to let loose and release their anger at the opponents or at the refs. We should be allowed to open our mouths and not have to worry about some mom getting mad at us for what we say.

A football game is NOT intended for little kids. any parent that wants to keep their kids away from hearing profanity or other things, should NOT take their kid to an NFL game. However, there is a family section and there is no alcohol allowed there, plus they watch people more closely there. That's the best there is for the families. But i still say that a kid shouldn't be going to a football game until he is in his teens and by then, he probably knows all the words already..from school.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is a difference beteen using profanity and dropping a "WTF were you thinking" and dropping 3 F-bombs every minute. Some people take it too far, even in the pre-season and at kids nights. Security had to boot this drunken assclown (no offense S11) out of my section last year during kids night for his language.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is a difference beteen using profanity and dropping a "WTF were you thinking" and dropping 3 F-bombs every minute. Some people take it too far, even in the pre-season and at kids nights. Security had to boot this drunken assclown (no offense S11) out of my section last year during kids night for his language.
    That's the one word I try to steer clear of. I drop a bunch of other words, but the f-bomb is one that I rarely use at the games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Me too.

(Except when the Bills insist on throwing the ****ing ball every 2rd and short)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Me too.

(Except when the Bills insist on throwing the ****ing ball every 2rd and short)
    yeah, that was when I started saying some f bombs and other things. Or when a ref screws us over big time.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

constant profanity, having beer spilled on them or their kids and seeing people puke and/or passed out.
    i consider the day a failure if i dont do all those things
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,488 Times in 15,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree completely.

My kid loves to go, but I don't know that I want to expose her to much more of this silliness in the future.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,488 Times in 15,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Many people, me included...use the football game to let loose and release their anger at the opponents or at the refs. We should be allowed to open our mouths and not have to worry about some mom getting mad at us for what we say.
    Therein lies the problem.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun...for all.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

People act like going to a football game is supposed to be a "family gathering." Get your head out of your ass. Your going to go watch grown men try to take each others faces off. There is nothing "family" about the NFL.

Hell you have half ass naked women right infront of you the whole game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Billsology

It's a game.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.
    I like that solution. BTW, I almost NEVER drink at a football game or even before. I prefer to enjoy my experience and be able to remember it later on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    People act like going to a football game is supposed to be a "family gathering." Get your head out of your ass. Your going to go watch grown men try to take each others faces off. There is nothing "family" about the NFL.

Hell you have half ass naked women right infront of you the whole game.
    That's exactly what I was saying. It's definitely NOT a family type event. Especially not for younger kids.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by footballhottie
    How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.
    exactly

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Billsology

It's a game.

you cant end drinking in the endzone lol BAD BAD BADthose are my seats. i drink at the games but i dont do anything dumb, yeah sometimes i scream bad words but..uhhhh look at who i am watching thank you very much.