PDA

View Full Version : Bates is a fool!

Michael82
01-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Why does he think that he'd be better off sitting for the year and then trying to get a head coaching job next year? Wouldn't teams be more interested in someone that was still involved in coaching for the year? :scratch:

Crisis
01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Right, getting a ****load of money to do nothing is really dumb.

lordofgun
01-27-2006, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't take a paycut to work if I could get my full salary doing nothing.

kgun12
01-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Why does he think that he'd be better off sitting for the year and then trying to get a head coaching job next year? Wouldn't teams be more interested in someone that was still involved in coaching for the year? :scratch:

I don't no mikey Marv was out of football for 8 years, look where he is now!

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I'd be happy with sitting on my arse and collecting my fat paycheck from my former employer for the year. :zb:

Michael82
01-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't take a paycut to work if I could get my full salary doing nothing.
He wouldn't get a paycut, he would get the money from Green Bay, plus whatever Ralph gives him.

Michael82
01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't no mikey Marv was out of football for 8 years, look where he is now!
That's different. Marv was buddies with Ralph and didn'tget the job he really wanted. I'm just saying...Jim Bates really wants to be a Head Coach, yet wasn't willing to take any DC jobs out there. Don't you think that a team next year would look more at the current DCs for a HC job, than a guy who sat out for a year, missing coaching, and missing a year of the NFL?

LifetimeBillsFan
01-28-2006, 01:35 AM
He wouldn't get a paycut, he would get the money from Green Bay, plus whatever Ralph gives him.

That's right. This is one case when we can say that it isn't about the money because he's going to get at least what he was going to get from GB regardless.

Unless Bates feels that he is burned out or needs to spend more time with his family this year, I think that this is a pretty stupid move on his part. He may be hoping that he will get a shot at the Texans' DC job with Arizona not giving Houston permission to talk with the guy that they wanted to have share their DC job, but, considering Kubiak's remarks on that, I doubt that he will bring in Bates at this point...maybe, but it is a real gamble for Bates, hoping that Houston's owner will pay him more than he would get from Buffalo/Green Bay.

Michael82
01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
That's right. This is one case when we can say that it isn't about the money because he's going to get at least what he was going to get from GB regardless.

Unless Bates feels that he is burned out or needs to spend more time with his family this year, I think that this is a pretty stupid move on his part. He may be hoping that he will get a shot at the Texans' DC job with Arizona not giving Houston permission to talk with the guy that they wanted to have share their DC job, but, considering Kubiak's remarks on that, I doubt that he will bring in Bates at this point...maybe, but it is a real gamble for Bates, hoping that Houston's owner will pay him more than he would get from Buffalo/Green Bay.
Maybe he's waiting to see what happens with Houston and then will come crawling back to Buffalo and take the offer? :idunno:

:pray:

Saratoga Slim
01-28-2006, 10:52 AM
the Buffalo News says Houston is looking elsewhere:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060128/1038973.asp

LtFinFan66
01-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want to live in Buffalo. Nothing against the town, people or team but it is cold there. Maybe a year in GB made him realize he doesn't want to be in the cold. Who knows. i spent 2 yeas in Rome, NY and it was not a bad place but man was it cold and snowy. Hell, when I PCS'd out of Griffiss AFB, my wife actually slid us off the road and into a ditch just outside of Buffalo. The road must have known I was a Fin fan