PDA

View Full Version : Would you be more scared of the Dolphins if they signed Drew Brees?

Dicknoze69
03-14-2006, 06:45 PM
and why?

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I don't fear the Fins for I am a Fin :up:

Dicknoze69
03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't fear the Fins for I am a Fin :up:

So did you prefer Brees or Culpepper ?

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I was on the Brees bandwagon and would have preferred him. I am happy with Culpepper though.

Brees just seemed more like the Saban type player. His size bothered me but it worked for him in SD. Daute is a beast when healthy so if he gets back to good health, I will be a happy camper!

im4bflo
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I've never feared the fish, that's pretty funny.
But I think Brees is better than Culpecker, so that should answer the question.

buff what?
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I was on the Brees bandwagon and would have preferred him. I am happy with Culpepper though.

Brres just seemed more like the Saban type player. His size bothered me but it worked for him in SD. Daute is a beast when healthy so if he gets back to good health, I will be a happy camper!

I'm with LT, but not sure if DP is the answer either. Broken knee or broken shoulder, which is the more evil of the two. I know a certin player that came back with same type of injury that DP has, but that doesn't mean squat. I also know of a QB that TRIED to come back to a similar injury that Brees had and that turned out to be a disaster. Many ?'s still to be answered in Miami's QB position.

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM
To be frank, Minnesota is the winner of this trade. They vastly purged their salary cap and Dolphins lost a great opportunity to draft Jay Cutler or get a way better and less expensive QB on Drew Brees.

!Papacrunk!
03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Hmmm, methinks that peeps would say no, just like they'd say no if it was Culpepper that wasn't signed. Who knows until it happens when he takes the snaps in a game. It's assuring that Willis had a very serious knee injury, and he's been pretty good since then.

!Papacrunk!
03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
To be frank, Minnesota is the winner of this trade. They vastly purged their salary cap and Dolphins lost a great opportunity to draft Jay Cutler or get a way better and less expensive QB on Drew Brees.
I really doubt Cutler is going to be available at #16.

Dicknoze69
03-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I just assumed Brees would sign with the Dolphins, and he seemed to be the perfect fit.

There's just too many questions surrounding Culpepper. He could win big there, or he could flat-out suck. With Brees, you'd get above-average QB play no matter what (provided he's healthy).

YardRat
03-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't care who the Dolphins put at QB...fear isn't part of the equation.

Culpepper can be dangerous, but the Dolphins have just as many problems on the o-line as we do, and LJ Shelton ain't going to be the answer.

Culpepper vs Brees, Holcomb vs. Losman vs. ????....doesn't matter, you can't throw a TD pass laying on your back.

YardRat
03-14-2006, 07:09 PM

Brees signed for 6 yrs, 60 mil I read somewhere. Is Culpepper making that kind of cash?

Al13
03-14-2006, 07:14 PM
i was pro culpepper all the way, although i would have been ok with the brees signing as well, but we just saved a lot of money and can still be aggressive in FA

i would always prefer a QB with a bad knee than a bum shoulder, brees arm was nothing to brag about before the injury and i´m sure the shoulder must have had an impact on why brees didn´t get signed

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't care who the Dolphins put at QB...fear isn't part of the equation.

Culpepper can be dangerous, but the Dolphins have just as many problems on the o-line as we do, and LJ Shelton ain't going to be the answer.

Culpepper vs Brees, Holcomb vs. Losman vs. ????....doesn't matter, you can't throw a TD pass laying on your back.Not sure of the Bills 2005 sacks allowed but the Dolphins O-line amazingly only allowed 26 sacks in 2005. An average of 1.6 per game. Less than 1 per half. That I don't believe is all that bad. They had 5 games in which they allowed 0.

Al13
03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
after their dismissal performance in 2004 i think they stepped it up bigtime last season and i think hudson houck was a big reason for that, can´t wait to see the improvements in the 2nd year

TacklingDummy
03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Both Brees and Culpepper will struggle on a new team this year. In recent memory the only QBs I can think of that went to a new team and did well their first year there are Warner (Cards) and Holcomb (Bills).

Samphin1
03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Cutler owuld not have made it to 16. Leinart would not have made it to 16. Young maybe, but he wouldn'tbe the answer. After those three, the drop off doesn't warrent using a top 20 pick. Culpepper and Brees really were the best two options.

I agree that Brees seems more like a Saban player in taht, he doesn't seem to care whther he throws 5 times or 55 times, he just wants to win. But then again, Daunte fits the mold of what Saban had at LSU. Big, mobile strong armed QB's. So who knows.

Personally, I was in the Brees camp, but over the past few days, many folks have made compelling arguments for Culpepper and truth be told, the excitement everyone seems to have in the media has me feleing ok.

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Brees signed for 6 yrs, 60 mil I read somewhere. Is Culpepper making that kind of cash?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2127999

Nighthawk
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Cutler owuld not have made it to 16. Leinart would not have made it to 16. Young maybe, but he wouldn'tbe the answer. After those three, the drop off doesn't warrent using a top 20 pick. Culpepper and Brees really were the best two options.

I agree that Brees seems more like a Saban player in taht, he doesn't seem to care whther he throws 5 times or 55 times, he just wants to win. But then again, Daunte fits the mold of what Saban had at LSU. Big, mobile strong armed QB's. So who knows.

Personally, I was in the Brees camp, but over the past few days, many folks have made compelling arguments for Culpepper and truth be told, the excitement everyone seems to have in the media has me feleing ok.

We Bills fans are very familiar with the excitement that comes with trading for a big name QB...remember Bledsoe? Not saying it will be the same, but just pointing it out.

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I really doubt Cutler is going to be available at #16.It's true but if I'm not wrong it seems that Cutler will be drafted at #17 by the unhappy Vikings!

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 07:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2127999No way do the Fins take over that deal. A new one has to be done as part of the trade IMO

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 07:36 PM
It's true but if I'm not wrong it seems that Cutler will be drafted at #17 by the unhappy Vikings!
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
No way we let Cutler go by us if he is there at 16....unless the Vikes give us our 2nd rounder back :up:
<!-- / message -->

Samphin1
03-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Daunte said he is willing to re-do his deal upon being traded. I have no doubt that his cap hit won't be anywhere near as bad as some think.

Also, if Cutler is there at 16, I have a feeling Miami will be getting plenty of offers to trade down and pick up multiple draft picks. There is no way he gets that far though.

Nighthawk
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Daunte said he is willing to re-do his deal upon being traded. I have no doubt that his cap hit won't be anywhere near as bad as some think.

Also, if Cutler is there at 16, I have a feeling Miami will be getting plenty of offers to trade down and pick up multiple draft picks. There is no way he gets that far though.

Why would Miami be the only team getting plenty of offers at 16 if he was still there at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15...wouldn't those teams also be getting offers? Hell, even teams higher in the draft, such as Buffalo? I'm confused?:scratch:

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Why would Miami be the only team getting plenty of offers at 16 if he was still there at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15...wouldn't those teams also be getting offers? Hell, even teams higher in the draft, such as Buffalo? I'm confused?:scratch:He did say IF he was there at 16. Maybe people would be more likely to trade up to 16 as compared to 10. Just a thought since he did say IF. :idunno:

Bling
03-14-2006, 08:44 PM
If Justice and Cutler are not there, there's no one for us, imo. That's why I say you go with Santonio Holmes, who has homerun abilities that Booker hasn't shown, gets us another weapon, and our offense is the next Indy Colts. :D

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 08:54 PM
To be more realistic I hope aggressive teams like the Vikings, Broncos, Eagles, Giants or inclusive Miami, will be seriously interested to trade up for Cutler, Huff, Ngata or my favorite Vernon Davis at the 8th pick.