Doesnt a TRADE of Moulds mean even MORE cap space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Doesnt a TRADE of Moulds mean even MORE cap space?

Im pretty sure it does. A trade means that even the bonus money doesnt count.

Clumpy????

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Doesnt a TRADE of Moulds mean even MORE cap space?

When he leaves, we'll be up to roughly 14.5 Mil of available cap space.

KFFL - Bills Sign Mike Pucillo ! J/k
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

yep.....

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Now It frees up another $5,212,334

according to Clump's cap page...

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
          When he leaves, we'll be up to roughly 14.5 Mil of available cap space.

KFFL - Bills Sign Mike Pucillo ! J/k
          holy **** that's a lot of money! If i'm Marv, I would toss our 4th rounder to Green Bay for Javon Walker. Give him a new cap friendly contract and we'll still have extra money to work on new deals for Nate Clements, London Fletcher, and of course Willis McGahee.

Comment

• dannyek71
            Drink Responsibly
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
            holy **** that's a lot of money! If i'm Marv, I would toss our 4th rounder to Green Bay for Javon Walker. Give him a new cap friendly contract and we'll still have extra money to work on new deals for Nate Clements, London Fletcher, and of course Willis McGahee.
            Clements and WM are overrated, and London is starting to get up there in age.

How is Javon Walker's knee anyways?
            [

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71

I've heard it's doing better. A 4th rounder is worth it for someone with his kind of talent. Plus, he's young. And I bet you could give him a new contract with injury protection in case he is never back to the Javon Walker from 2004.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Forget Javon Walker

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Forget Javon Walker
                  and why?? name a better WR on the Bills roster.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    and why?? name a better WR on the Bills roster.
                    EXACTLY!

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      1) I like the idea of Walker and Evans.

2) Do we even know if marv wants to extend those guys? Fletch is OLD. Clements thinks he needs 7+ mill per year and I don't see the Bills ever paying a CB that much. NO CB is worth that much esp with todays rules.

3) Sit on the money. Don't spend just to spend. Go into Free agency next year with a ton of money.

Think on this. We draft well, pick up a couple more mid tier FA's and go say 7-9. 3 more wins and we are talking playoffs. Now we get back all that money against our cap for Williams, milloy, Adams and Moulds. I am guessing but that may be about 13 mill in dead cap we get back? Clump?

So 13 mill + the 7 mill increase in the cap (already set with the new CBA) And lets say we carry 10 mill of the 14.5 we have left over to next year. That is 30 million we would be under the cap!

At that time we will have our needs to be a playoff/ superbowl contender more clear cut, less holes to address and can really attack FA!

I say if we can swing the walker trade, so be it. Otherwise, sit. Just sit on the cap space for now.

Comment

• BillsNick
                        • Jul 2003

If anyone would like to vent, or get some Moulds crap off their chest, Please check out my thread in the NO TOS Twilight Zone. You'll know which one it is.

I feel better

Comment

• Jersey1031
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by dannyek71

No way, bring on Walker, definitely lock up Nate and Willis, and London is only 30. A year older than TKO...
                          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                            Im pretty sure it does. A trade means that even the bonus money doesnt count.

Clumpy????
                            I thought you gave up as a Bills fan already?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              1) I like the idea of Walker and Evans.

2) Do we even know if marv wants to extend those guys? Fletch is OLD. Clements thinks he needs 7+ mill per year and I don't see the Bills ever paying a CB that much. NO CB is worth that much esp with todays rules.

3) Sit on the money. Don't spend just to spend. Go into Free agency next year with a ton of money.

Think on this. We draft well, pick up a couple more mid tier FA's and go say 7-9. 3 more wins and we are talking playoffs. Now we get back all that money against our cap for Williams, milloy, Adams and Moulds. I am guessing but that may be about 13 mill in dead cap we get back? Clump?

So 13 mill + the 7 mill increase in the cap (already set with the new CBA) And lets say we carry 10 mill of the 14.5 we have left over to next year. That is 30 million we would be under the cap!

At that time we will have our needs to be a playoff/ superbowl contender more clear cut, less holes to address and can really attack FA!

I say if we can swing the walker trade, so be it. Otherwise, sit. Just sit on the cap space for now.
                              good post Ice. only thing I don't agree with is Fletcher. I'd like to lock him in, sure didn't show any signs of slowing down last season. I bet he's got 2-3 more in him.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X