PDA

View Full Version : Denver's picks

Don't Panic
04-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Just saw an ESPN clip that talked about Denver possibly looking to trade into the top 10 to get Davis. They have #15 and #22. Do you think, if Davis is on the board at #8, they'd look our way? If so, we could get Bunkley (if he slid) or someone like Chad Jackson at #15 and maybe Eric Winston at #22. That could be quite a coup if it was Bunkley and Winston... we'd be plugging both of our glaring weaknesses and be able to grab a SS like Whitner in the second round. Maybe I'm a BIT overly optimistic, but how happy would you be if things fell like this?

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Possibly..

We'd probably have to give up a third to get Den's 15 and 22..

Id strongly consider it..

Don't Panic
04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I'd give a 4th and call it a day. The 3rd is too valuable.

YardRat
04-08-2006, 02:49 PM
I'd like to get two picks in the first round, and spend one on the o-line, one on the d-line.

TigerJ
04-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I can't envision either Justice or Bunkley sliding to #22, the second of Denver's two picks. I'd probably do the deal, giving up a third rounder for two first round picks though.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I would much rather want winston justice over eric winston but id be happy with denvers 2 first rounders for sure. If we could land bunkley and justice which i realize is highly unlikely it would be about as good as you could want.

alohabillsfan
04-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Why is everyone so high on Justice? Because of workout numbers? I think Eric Winston has a better nasty streak? and he played LT a position of need! Thoughts?

Don't Panic
04-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Why is everyone so high on Justice? Because of workout numbers? I think Eric Winston has a better nasty streak? and he played LT a position of need! Thoughts?

I agree... EW looked great on the clips I saw of him at the combine. People will be scared off by his injury history, which is what makes me think he will slide to #22. Bunkley at #15 is the part of this I have doubts about, but how many teams in the 9-14 range need a one gap tackle? Our system is one that not many teams employ, which gives me hope that it could ahppen. Is it a gamble? You bet... which is why you have to be ready to take someone like Chad Jackson at #15 if Bunkley is gone. Of course, that would depend on how well the coaching staff thinks ADavis is going to do as the #2 WR, because I think we all know that Josh Redd is a #3 at best.

Dozerdog
04-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I could also see San Francisco making the deal - they are desperate for talent everywhere in the draft- unless AJ hawk is on the board