PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One...

oldno711
04-17-2006, 08:26 AM
...who really feels there is a legitimate shot we draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 8? I've been saying it for months and it frustrates me that everyone thinks there is "no f'n way brick falls to 8" -- there is.

Facts:

Bush WILL go #1

NO WILL take the best defensive player available (Williams or Hawk)

TEN WILL draft Leinart or Young

NYJ WILL take a QB (move up to 2 for Leinart, sit at 4 and take Leinart, sit at 4 and take Young, or trade down and take Cutler)

GB WILL NOT draft an OT. They'll draft either Hawk or Williams (whichever falls)

SF WILL NOT draft an OT. They've already pumped A LOT of money into their O-Line (J.Jennings -- L.Allen) and are rumored to be in love with both Huff and V.Davis (both of whom will be available at 6). SF could produce the 1st trade of the draft (or 2nd depending on NO and NYJ) for teams wanting to jump up and grab Davis. IMO, whether SF holds onto the 6 spot or trades down, Vernon Davis will go #6.....that is, unless we (or Philly) offer up our 1st and a 3rd to move up and grab Brick (btw - I would only be in favor of giving up our 2nd 3rd round pick).

OAK WILL NOT draft an OT. They just spent a first round pick (2nd overall in 2004) on a guy who is playing well at the LT position......so why spend the 7th overall pick on another LT? At this point, I'd be worried about a team trading up for Ferguson but I think we'd be on the horn as well. I think the Raiders stay put and draft Huff.

btw - As soon as the Bills draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, fat boy Bennie Anderson will be relieved from his jersey number and the team.

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
I think there is a chance, but not too big of one. The fact is either the Saints or Jets will likely take Brick. There is also the risk of another team moving up to grab him.

acehole
04-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I have been saying it...more and more mock drafts have shown it. It is unlikly but possible. OT usually drop a bit on draft day. I am starting to think if Aaron Gibson can start at RT and is "Back" I would more J Peters to the left side...only after he signes a long term contract for RT (hehe). Then Draft C Spencer, Max Jean Giles, Litusi (Any 2 of those 3). I think that would be an awsom line..with our new center...everybody new ..only peters.

J Peters, Charles Spencer, MFowler, Max Jean Giles, Aaron Gibson

Run run run....

...who really feels there is a legitimate shot we draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 8? I've been saying it for months and it frustrates me that everyone thinks there is "no f'n way brick falls to 8" -- there is.

Facts:

Bush WILL go #1

NYJ WILL take a QB (move up to 2 for Leinart, sit at 4 and take Leinart, sit at 4 and take Young, or trade down and take Cutler)

GB WILL NOT draft an OT. They'll draft either Hawk or Williams (whichever falls)

SF WILL NOT draft an OT. They've already pumped A LOT of money into their O-Line (J.Jennings -- L.Allen) and are rumored to be in love with both Huff and V.Davis (both of whom will be available at 6). SF could produce the 1st trade of the draft (or 2nd depending on NO and NYJ) for teams wanting to jump up and grab Davis. IMO, whether SF holds onto the 6 spot or trades down, Vernon Davis will go #6.....that is, unless we (or Philly) offer up our 1st and a 3rd to move up and grab Brick (btw - I would only be in favor of giving up our 2nd 3rd round pick).

OAK WILL NOT draft an OT. They just spent a first round pick (2nd overall in 2004) on a guy who is playing well at the LT position......so why spend the 7th overall pick on another LT? At this point, I'd be worried about a team trading up for Ferguson but I think we'd be on the horn as well. I think the Raiders stay put and draft Huff.

btw - As soon as the Bills draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, fat boy Bennie Anderson will be relieved from his jersey number and the team.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I think there is a chance, but not too big of one. The fact is either the Saints or Jets will likely take Brick. There is also the risk of another team moving up to grab him.

If Brick is there at 6 or 7 we better be one of those teams looking to move up and grab him. If Brick, Huff and Davis are all still on the board at 6, we could offer the Niners our 1st and our second 3rd. If they want either Huff or Davis, it makes a lot of sense for them to trade down and get whoever the Raiders don't pick. We get Brick at 6, and still have a 2nd and a 3rd to draft other needs (OG, DT, SS).

THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY....How many people on this board would have been willing to package our #8 with Travis Henry to the 49ers for their 6th pick if Brick was available?

We could also package Clements (SF needs some CB help), and move up, and keep all our day one picks.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 08:44 AM
J Peters, Charles Spencer, MFowler, Max Jean Giles, Aaron Gibson

Run run run....

talk about a sick O-Line......assuming Gibson can put down the fork.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 08:46 AM

I say if dbrick falls past the Jets, he is ours.

acehole
04-17-2006, 08:48 AM
talk about a sick O-Line......assuming Gibson can put down the fork.

Allway seemed presure came up the middle on our oline...this would cut that down I would say. Then you can shift that new Blocking TE around to help either tackle pass protect.....

oldno711
04-17-2006, 08:48 AM

I agree 100%

...I have my fingers crossed the Titans take Young or the Jets move up for Leinart.

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2006, 08:53 AM

If somebody does not move up (i.e. Detroit), I agree.

And I have already stated that Bills should call San Fran if he does. Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.

:beers:

RedEyE
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM
The way I see it there are 7 teams that pick before Buffalo, all who need O-lineman. The chances of him dropping to the 8 overall are slim.

Don't Panic
04-17-2006, 09:16 AM

I wouldn't be so sure about that... Leinart is the only QB I see them taking. If Brick falls past the #2 and Leinart goes #3, we need to get on the phone with the Jets. How about the #8 and Clements for the #4 and a 4th rounder. They get Brick and someone more suited to their needs (they could even draft Cutler if they really wanted a QB), and we get the franchise LT we ened and another mid-round pick.

R. Rich
04-17-2006, 09:18 AM
How can anything that hasn't happened yet, nor will happen for another 12 days or so, be considered "fact"?

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 09:38 AM
If somebody does not move up (i.e. Detroit), I agree.

And I have already stated that Bills should call San Fran if he does. Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.

Agreed. I am on the phone working a trade with the Niners during the Jets pick. They dont' take Brick and I have a trade worked out.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that... Leinart is the only QB I see them taking.

I've actually been hearing that the Titans like Young more than Leinart. A Jets trade up or the Titans drafting Young almost ensures Brick falls to 6.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 09:46 AM
If Tenn takes Young, you can bet real money Lionart is a Jet

Don't Panic
04-17-2006, 10:00 AM
I've actually been hearing that the Titans like Young more than Leinart. A Jets trade up or the Titans drafting Young almost ensures Brick falls to 6.

If the Jets want a QB, why pull the trade for Ramsey? Why not just go with Pennington and whoever they get in the draft? That's the part I can't understand, and it leads me to believe that, barring Leinart sliding, they are willing to ride this year out with Ramsey and Pennington and see if they can slavage anything there. If NO goes with Williams, the Titans go with Young, and the Jets go Leinart, then things get interesting. We still need to trade up to the #6 to ensure we get Brick, though.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 12:50 PM
If the Jets want a QB, why pull the trade for Ramsey?

My guess is they scoured the entire draft board and felt that was the best value they could get from a 6th round pick. Is he the next Brady? Hell no.

Ramsey is a good back-up. He's like younger dumber slower Drew Bledsoe.

Here's to hoping the Jets move up for Leinart or pull the trigger on Young.

:pray:

dolphan117
04-17-2006, 01:24 PM
You might want to adjust you facts a little. Gallery is not playing at left tackle for the Raiders, he is playing RT and hasnt been all that impresive.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
You might want to adjust you facts a little. Gallery is not playing at left tackle for the Raiders, he is playing RT and hasnt been all that impresive.

I knew he played RT his rookie year, but I could've sworn I read somewhere they had transitioned him over to the left side. :doh2:

:oops:

Devin
04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Your also assuming there are no trades in picks 1-7.

oldno711
04-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Your also assuming there are no trades in picks 1-7.

Not at all...I actually do think there will be trades in the Top 7. I think there's a good chance the Jets trade with NO and that teams will be eager to trade with the Niners/Raiders depending on who drops.

Jersey1031
04-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I'd take D'Brick happily at 8...

Mr. Pink
04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Barring any trades Brick WILL be available at number 8. With the trades comes all sorts of what ifs though. So to say he will be or not is not realistic. So I will say this, he could realistically be there when we pick.

patmoran2006
04-17-2006, 04:52 PM
He's too good to last til pick 8.. If we dont move up to 5 or 6 (at the latest to get him) some team drafting AFTER us will.

Brick will not be a Buffalo Bill, if we are picking 8th.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Agreed. I am on the phone working a trade with the Niners during the Jets pick. They dont' take Brick and I have a trade worked out.

Why swap spots with SF? I dont get why everyone thinks they are a threat to take Dbrick. Neither Oakland nor SF will take him. GB would be inclined to at least think about it, but probably would pass. If he gets by the jets, there is no need whatsoever to move down.

patmoran2006
04-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Why swap spots with SF? I dont get why everyone thinks they are a threat to take Dbrick. Neither Oakland nor SF will take him. GB would be inclined to at least think about it, but probably would pass. If he gets by the jets, there is no need whatsoever to move down.

SF isnt a threat to take him.

SF is a HUGE threat to trade down with a team that WILL take him.. Arizona, Baltimore, Rams, Eagles.. Just a few off the top of my head.

As an example of what Im talking about.. The Titans MAY move up from 3 to 2 with NO JUST to make sure nobody jumps ahead of them to get Leinart..

Brick COULD be a Bill, but it will be ONLY if we trade up anywhere from as little as 2 or as much as 4 spots to get him.

Anyone who thinks Brick is just going to "fall" to the 8th pick is thinking ridiculously.. That's NOT happening.

Stewie
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Oakland's Gallery isn't playing well, and he's been playing RT.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Oakland's Gallery isn't playing well, and he's been playing RT.

I think Oakland is gonna go for a QB or possibly a defensive player. I doubt theyd spend two top 10 picks in 3 years on OT's. Al Davis does the picking. But hey, ya never know.

Jersey1031
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I think Oakland is gonna go for a QB or possibly a defensive player. I doubt theyd spend two top 10 picks in 3 years on OT's. Al Davis does the picking. But hey, ya never know.

Exactly, no way Oak takes D'Brick...

Nighthawk
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM

Facts:

Bush WILL go #1

Now, after seeing NFL Total Access, I truly believe the Bills have a strong shot at getting the Brick!

oldno711
04-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Now, after seeing NFL Total Access, I truly believe the Bills have a strong shot at getting the Brick!

:pray:

BillsFever21
04-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Ramsey isn't as bad as some here are trying to make him out to be.

He isn't great but he is a decent player and there are plenty QB's around the league that's a lot worse. He could be a starter on on some teams and will probably be starting for the Jets.

Under the right guidance and system he could be a good QB. I can almost gurantee that if the Bills would have traded for him there would be a ton of people excited about him. Hell there are some who thinks Nall is the next Favre.

Since he signed with the Jets he is automatically garbage. If he was with Buffalo there would be plenty of people happy that he was competing for the job and would think he had a lot of potential.

He hasn't been great but he's been far from terrible. He's only appeared in 34 games. That's about the time where QB's start coming into their own. He has more TD's then INT's.

If he's put in the right system and the Jets put some talent around him he could surprise some people. He won't ever be any top QB in the league but he could be a serviceable starter. I would've much rather have him playing for somebody else besides the Jets.

BillsFever21
04-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I'd be surprised if Brick even makes it past the Saints. I don't see them taking a DE.

I don't see them taking Mario Williams. They already have 2 good young DE's in Charles Grant and Will Smith. Both of them are 1st round picks.

Unless they don't plan on signing Grant to an extension or they don't think he would re-sign with them that could change their mind on Williams.

NO has tons of other needs. Unless they think Williams will be that good or they won't get Grant back when his contract runs out after this year they will go elsewhere.

That would leave them probably drafting between Hawk or Brick. Most likely they will trade down if it's between these guys for a team who wants Leinart.

I doubt Brick will make it past the first 4 picks. If Leinart is gone and Brick is still there at #4 he won't get past the Jets.

Texans- Bush
Titans(Trade)- Leinart
Saints- Brick(Gandy needs replaced. Hawk a possibility)
Jets- Williams(Will replace Abraham)
Packers- Hawk(They lost 2 LB's this year)
49ers- Davis(They need to get Smith some help)
Raiders- Young or Cutler(They gotta take a QB for the future)
Bills- Justice or Huff

If it's not the Titans trading up for Leinart the Jets will. The only way the Saints draft defense is if they take Hawk but I see them going for Brick instead.

Either the Jets or Titans will swap with the Saints for Leinart. If for some reason they do stay at #2 they won't draft Hawk that high but I think they would draft Brick that high.

They would rather swap with the Titans. They could pick up extra draft picks and still get their player. If they swap with the Jets then the Titans could grab Brick instead.

BillsFever21
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
If we decide to trade Clements we could gun for the Saints or 49ers for their 2nd round pick. Maybe a mid round pick like a 4th or 5th also included in the deal.

We could possibly trade him to move up but I'd rather have the 2nd round pick. We have tons of needs and there is good depth at the tackle position. If we decide to trade Nate then we could draft Huff with our 8th pick. If not then it will be Justice. It all depends if we plan on keeping Nate around.