PDA

View Full Version : Mock Drafts aside if u could pull ONE player out of the draft who would it be???

bigbub2352
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
If for some reason we could only get one player out of this draft, similiar to the trade made my Ditka for Ricky Williams were he traded all his draft picks for that 1st round pick, who is the guy you would love to have as a Buffalo Bill???

Who would be the biggest difference maker for us in the 2006 Draft?

Mine would be D' Brickshaw Furgueson OT Virginia

clumping platelets
04-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I agree :posrep:

Night Train
04-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Mario Williams

Throne Logic
04-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Aside from being on record for NOT wanting any picks in the top 10, I'm torn between Brick or Williams. I'd really love to see a dominant DE opposite Schobel. But, if pressed into choosing one (which you've conveniently setup), I'd go with Brick. I'm a firm believer that the O-Line is the most important squad on any football team.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Mine is a toss up between Brick and Vernon Davis, they are both incredible athletes and whoever gets them is going to be very happy with their choice.

Dozerdog
04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
If there was one player I would want out of this draft it would be Leinart.

The Bills would be solid at QB for a decade

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Michael Huff

OpIv37
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM

of the QB's in this draft, Leinart is the most likely to be successful. But I'm still not sold on him as an NFL prospect. He looked pretty average against teams like ND and Texas when he had real competition.

There are no Hawaii's to score 63 points on in the NFL.

oldno711
04-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Brick

Did anyone listen to the Levy/Modrak interviews on BTN? Levy put Ferguson in the same sentence as Boselli as someone who could make an immediate impact from Day 1.

We already have a great pass rusher on the D-Line.

We do not have a great tackle on the O-Line

ICE74129
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
If for some reason we could only get one player out of this draft, similiar to the trade made my Ditka for Ricky Williams were he traded all his draft picks for that 1st round pick, who is the guy you would love to have as a Buffalo Bill???

Who would be the biggest difference maker for us in the 2006 Draft?

Mine would be D' Brickshaw Furgueson OT Virginia

Thats my pick

Mr. Pink
04-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Reggie Bush.

There's a reason he's going to be the top overall pick.

Don't Panic
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Ferguson... hands down.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Brick. Bush would be a close second, followed by Mario.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Brick. No question, although Mario Williams is my 2nd choice.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Brick. Could be an All Pro LT for us for 10 years.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Michael Huff

I like Huff, but a safety over a DE and a LT?

ICE74129
04-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Go figure. This is not a bash, but I honestly can't take anyone serious that would take a safety over a franchise LT.

justasportsfan
04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Brick

Did anyone listen to the Levy/Modrak interviews on BTN? Levy put Ferguson in the same sentence as Boselli as someone who could make an immediate impact from Day 1.

We already have a great pass rusher on the D-Line.

We do not have a great tackle on the O-LineAlthough I agree w/ you with DBrick, I haven't seen a great pass rusher on the team. Above average yes, great ,no.

I'm still hoping for the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith. If Marrio was it, I'd take him over DBrick.

bigbub2352
04-25-2006, 10:27 AM
I think Brick because we would solidify our tackles for the next 10 years and also everything else would improve around them on the offensive side of the ball

SABURZFAN
04-25-2006, 11:17 AM
d'brick

solidify that LT spot for a decade or so.

Mahdi
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Mario Williams would provide the Bills with a dominant pass rusher which would allow the Cover 2 defense to flourish. Add to that 2 solid CBs and you have a ton of turnovers.

Mario Williams no doubt.

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 12:53 PM

He'll be the best defensive player in this draft and Brick wasnt even the best LT in this class till Winston got hurt. Mario Williams is too inconsistent for my tastes. Its a toss up between Brick and Huff for me, but Im too much of a realist to actually say Brick.

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Go figure. This is not a bash, but I honestly can't take anyone serious that would take a safety over a franchise LT.

Same thing we all say when you post quotes and other ficticous statements that are passed on as quotes, but its not meant as a bash.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2006, 01:32 PM
He'll be the best defensive player in this draft and Brick wasnt even the best LT in this class till Winston got hurt. Mario Williams is too inconsistent for my tastes. Its a toss up between Brick and Huff for me, but Im too much of a realist to actually say Brick.

I can see that and I think Huff might be the best defensive player (although I like Williams a ton and this inconsistent tag is overrated, imo). But LT is so much more important than safety that the franchise guys can't be bypassed.

I would like Winston in round 2 or late round 1 via a trade.

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I can see that and I think Huff might be the best defensive player (although I like Williams a ton and this inconsistent tag is overrated, imo). But LT is so much more important than safety that the franchise guys can't be bypassed.

I would like Winston in round 2 or late round 1 via a trade.

Personally Im still wary of taking an OT top 10 again, and it is even furthered to think that this guy wasnt even the top OT till Winston got hurt.

Also Mario Williams had a few other players on that NC State D that should of allowed him to be dominant and he was anything but, he was extremely streaky and thats what bothers me about his game.

McGahee420
04-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Hands down, Mario Williams. We havent had a great pass rusher since the good ol' Bruce Smith days!

mikemac2001
04-25-2006, 02:31 PM
If it didnt matter what we needed it be BUSH

if it did be brick/williams/hawk

Stewie
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Did NC State play Virginia in the last two years?

Did Mario line up against D'Brick?

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Personally Im still wary of taking an OT top 10 again, and it is even furthered to think that this guy wasnt even the top OT till Winston got hurt.

Also Mario Williams had a few other players on that NC State D that should of allowed him to be dominant and he was anything but, he was extremely streaky and thats what bothers me about his game.

I wouldn't blink at taking Brick. he won't be a Mike Williams, he's a competitor and loves the game. he's one of those guys that really wants to excel. plus, he's got the physical talent to go along with it.

the 1st-2nd round tackles I'd worry about in the Mike Williams-mold are Justice and Jonathon Scott. loads of talent but a record of underachieving.

patmoran2006
04-25-2006, 04:55 PM

WTF you throw a hissy at me when I wrote Pro-Vince Young articles for him going to the Bills then you bastage??

If you LIKE Leinart and DONT like Young.. then that's cool... I was under impression you thought I was nuts for suggesting a QB period.

If I could have my pick of ONE player from this draft, I would take Vernon Davis, and if ya'll think i'm nuts NOW< you'll see in 2-3 years why I'm not nuts at all.

My second would be Mario Williams.

patmoran2006
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM

I like what NFL Network's Mike Mayock said last night.

He said and I quote.. "A franchise QB trumps a franchise offensive tackle, every time"

I agree 100%.

The question is if any of the "big three" in this draft our Franchise QB's.. If Levy thinks one is and he's on the board, he'd be a FOOL not to take him.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Where the hell would Brick fall on your list Pat?

I just can't understand a franchise TE over a franchise LT. (Assuming both blossom fully)

patmoran2006
04-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not sold on Brick as a franchise LT.. I"m not saying he's a bum, he's going to be good.. but I see more Bryant Mckinnie in him (good, real good but not GREAT) than I do Pace or Ogden.

Tatonka
04-25-2006, 07:22 PM
aj hawk.

i think he will be as dominant as ray lewis was in his prime.

Mad Bomber
04-25-2006, 07:39 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/08/11/acc/ferguson.jpg

R. Rich
04-26-2006, 06:50 AM
As much as I really like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, I look @ Buffalo's league worst 46.5% of 3rd downs allowed, and I have to go w/ Super Mario. We've had a pretty good defense for a while (until last year) and the one thing that's been missing is a consistent pass rush. Williams would go a long way towards providing that.