PDA

View Full Version : The Saints will not take Bush

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
What is the improvement at RB by taking Bush when they could have McAllister back?

The pick should be Brick. They can add to their rushing offense AND get help for protecting the QB. Adding Bush only gets them a few hundred yards.

thoughts.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
DM is coming off an acl injury. It makes some sense for them to consider bush. As i've said, he gives them some insurance in case Duece can't come back 100% just based on his potential.

Iehoshua
04-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Agreed.

...but where does Bush end up?

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 11:13 PM
What is the improvement at RB by taking Bush when they could have McAllister back?

The pick should be Brick. They can add to their rushing offense AND get help for protecting the QB. Adding Bush only gets them a few hundred yards.

thoughts.

I would make sense for them to address the o-line now that they have Brees in the fold. This is going to be interesting.

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Agreed.

As crazy as it sounds, possibly to the Jets at 4.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 11:15 PM
DM is coming off an acl injury. It makes some sense for them to consider bush. As i've said, he gives them some insurance in case Duece can't come back 100% just based on his potential.
that is a lot of money (one way or the other) sitting on the bench playing the role of insurance.

Devin
Look at the big picture.

For a team that could potentially move or is having money problems. You think Bush isnt a selling point. Its like the ultimate story. Bush to Saints, Saints to LA!

Ebenezer
Agreed.

as i posted weeks ago...it will not surprise me if he fell all the way to 5th and GB.

The Natrix
Bush wouldn't be a horrible pick for NO, but I think they should take Brick or trade down if they think he (Brick) can be had a little later.

I have a lot of respect for the Texans not buying into the hype.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 11:18 PM
NOt that this really means much..

But Bush's agent told ESPN the Saints have given all indications they will take Bush..

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:20 PM
:up:

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:22 PM
that is a lot of money (one way or the other) sitting on the bench playing the role of insurance.

You think that'd be the end of it? Oh no, at worse bush would share time only to end up being the starter by mid season. Duece will end up on the bench and likely become trade bait/free agent(I don't know his contract status). Circa 2003 when the TD drafted Mcgahee, while having Travis Henry(a solid starting back). What happens? Travis gets the boot because he can't compete with Willis. Bush is far more talented than Duece. Brees' new LT. Don't be surprised.

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
If the draft Bush, Deuce is gone next year if not sooner.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
If the draft Bush, Deuce is gone next year if not sooner.
They would take a very large cap hit if they got rid of Deuce within the next year. He just signed an extension last year with a pretty big signing bonus. They were talking about this on espn radio on my way to work tonight.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 01:17 AM

Last year was the second consecutive year that Deuce missed games due to injury. As good as he has been for the Saints, even if Deuce comes back at close to 100% this year, that has to raise concerns for the team that he is beginning to break down and may never again be the kind of back that he was before.

Deuce is a 240 lb RB coming off of an ACL. Bush is a much smaller "scat-back" who is somewhat similar to L.Tomlinson, who was Brees' main man in SD. There is no reason why the team can't use both of them this year, until they get a read on whether Deuce can get through a season unscathed before deciding what to do with him. This past season, the NO running game pretty much fell apart after Deuce went down--that would not happen if they had Reggie Bush and it would be more likely that Deuce could make it through the season in one piece if he had a Reggie Bush to share time with and keep him from taking as much abuse as he has taken in recent years.

Yes, the Saints probably could use D.Ferguson or even AJ Hawk (they haven't had a really good LB in years!) more than Bush, but that doesn't mean that Bush wouldn't be a fit for them. One thing that Bush would also bring to the team that no other player that they could take in this draft would is excitement--something that a team that has been displaced by Hurricane Katrina could certainly use to re-energize its fan base.

Personally, I think they would be better off trading down a few places and taking either Hawk or Ferguson, but I don't know the status of Deuce's knee injury and I'm not making the decisions for the Saints.

CAbills
04-29-2006, 02:32 AM
I dont see how to people pass on the next Gale Sayers. He would breathe life into that team and organization. Months have passed since the end of the season adn I think too many people get caught up in the numbers and forget about how they actually played... I really cant see the Saints passing on him.

Mr. Pink
04-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Why would the Saints draft Bush when they have Deuce making a ton of money and they just signed Michael Bennett in the offseason? They'd have way too much money invested in one position. Not happening.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Deuce McAllister isn't what he used to be and I don't think the Saints want to be known as one of the two teams that made one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the NFL draft.

The_Philster
04-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Deuce McAllister isn't what he used to be and I don't think the Saints want to be known as one of the two teams that made one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the NFL draft.
1...who would be the other team? Houston made the right move, IMO. DE is a bigger need for them than RB and Mario Williams is rated as a top 3 pick
2...The Saints traded away an entire draft for Ricky Williams once..he may have been worth a 1st rounder to them but not an entire draft

Kerr
04-29-2006, 07:29 AM
As noted by Espn, Drew Brees called Bush and told him he was excited about having him as a potential teammate. You have to imagine Brees may be pushing hard for this to happen. I won't be surprised at all if the saints stay with the pick and select bush.

don137
04-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Remember way back when the Packers took Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders. Now I am by no means saying Brick is the next Tony Mandarich however Bush could/should become a special back like Sanders. Why would someone want to pass on the once in a decade back?

goodkarma
04-29-2006, 08:47 AM
I also don't think NO takes Bush, but I highly doubt they take D'brick at #2. I foresee a trade down.

Devin
04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Told ya!!!

Kerr
04-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm not shocked it happened. I've been saying all along that Duece is a question mark and Bush would be Brees' new LT.