PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett - Update video

Tatonka
05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?FILE_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/06billsfocus/050606everett.rm&proto=rtsp

STAMPY
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
is everett any good???

is he more a blocking TE or offensive one? i never watched him at the U

Tatonka
05-07-2006, 04:13 PM
everett beat kellen winslow jr. in a foot race at the U back when they were both there.

he is a receiving TE.

STAMPY
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
If healthy will he be our number 1 TE on depth chart?

Slim
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
If healthy will he be our number 1 TE on depth chart?

Ya. He's battaling Royal for #1.. He should win though

ryjam282
05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Everett is honestly a little bit of both kinds of WR. Not the most gifted receiver when it comes to receiving but can definitely get the job done. He is also a very solid blocker. Being a "U" fan, going from Shockey to Winslow to him was definitely a step down cause he isn't as falshy as the other two but when you watch his career as a whole he is defintely pretty darn good. He is a better blocker then Winslow but not quite as good a receiver. Not the sharpest route runner either. He will be a nice compliment to the team this season as I know he will beat out Royal for the starting position.

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Ya. He's battaling Royal for #1.. He should win though
Considering we gave Royal $10 million I would hope HE'S the starter.. OR did we pay $10 million for another backup, just like we did with Josh Reed?

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Not that I dont think Everett will get plenty of time, they are two different types of Te.

Tatonka
05-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Considering we gave Royal $10 million I would hope HE'S the starter.. OR did we pay $10 million for another backup, just like we did with Josh Reed?

man.. this kind of ****ing comment is getting so old and played out.. i must have read it 150 times since free agency.

it can only be explained so many ****ing times before it sinks the **** in for some people.

4 years for 10 million isnt **** for money.. and all of the 4 year 10 million dollar deals are back loaded.. if they dont play well, they will be gone and it has cost this team chump change.. so get the **** over it and stop ****ing repeating your seft for **** sakes.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.

STAMPY
05-07-2006, 06:21 PM
:rofl:

The last buffalo fan
05-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I really like Pat, and everybody have the right to have their own opinnion, but some times, it gets out of his control.

Thanks for the info Mr. T.

ajsdx
05-07-2006, 06:46 PM
i see stars...

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 07:41 PM
man.. this kind of ****ing comment is getting so old and played out.. i must have read it 150 times since free agency.

it can only be explained so many ****ing times before it sinks the **** in for some people.

4 years for 10 million isnt **** for money.. and all of the 4 year 10 million dollar deals are back loaded.. if they dont play well, they will be gone and it has cost this team chump change.. so get the **** over it and stop ****ing repeating your seft for **** sakes.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.
First of all, instead of swearing up a storm like a imature TOUGH GUY, why don't you go out and get yourself a CLUE with what you're talking about!

Royal's deal is for FIVE years and not four.. And you have to be totally mental to call his contract a "backloaded" contract.
Bills | Contract update: Royal
signed a five-year contract that includes base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $1.3 million (2007), $1.675 million (2008), $1.525 million (2009) and $1.44 million (2010).

Did I mention he got a $2.5 million signing bonus??? For the mathematically challenged, that means his cap figure is a half million for each year of his deal on his SIGNING bonus alone.. And if you think that's a backloaded contract maybe you should re-examine your knowledge on football. A "backloaded" contract is when almost ALL of the money is in the bottom two years of a contract, something along the lines Ryan Denney signed.

So with that contract, YES he BETTER be our starting TE or he was a TOTAL waste of a signing.. $1 million plus cap hit in his FIRST year of the deal is "chump change"?

And the SAME goes for Josh Reed.
Bills | Contract update: J. Reed
signed a four-year contract that includes base salaries of $600,000 (2006), $1.65 million (2007), $1.825 million (2008) and $2.025 million (2009).

He also got a $2 million signing bonus ($500k per year on the cap). His contract is FAR from "backloaded" as well.

So either he starts or is the number three receiver or AGAIN this was a STUPID signing. Is it still CHUMP change to just cut him if he doesnt produce this year, as he's barely done in FOUR years previously. That's $1.5 million cap hit ALONE just to cut him.

that shouldnt be "chump change" to a team that's been playoff-less for six years running.

So either Royal DOES start and Reed DOES at least be the #3 OR they were TWO useless and expensive signings and as you can see they are NOT backloaded contracts.

Maybe next time before one of your childish cuss-tantrums you can actually have an ideal of what you're TALKING about.

Tatonka
05-07-2006, 07:57 PM
is the first year not signifcantly lower than the last year of the contract?

kthanks.

:stfu:

shelby
05-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Fight nice, boys.:club:

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 08:06 PM
is the first year not signifcantly lower than the last year of the contract?

kthanks.

:stfu:
Are you SERIOUS??? IF that's the case, then about 98% of the contracts in the NFL are "backloaded".

This is a "backloaded" contract, with NO signing Bonus.
Ryan Denney base salaries:
2006: 600k
2007: 1.9 million
2008: 2.3 million
2009: 2.4 million

Robert Royal will make more money in his SECOND and THIRD year than the final year of his contract.

And his contract is "backloaded" exactly HOW again? And once you come up with your answer for that again, you can explain the same to me about Josh Reed's contract.

Bruce is Loose
05-07-2006, 08:27 PM
a million a year is not much - it is easily less than the average player on the team will make (53 players filling out a sal cap of over a hundred mill). Starters will clearly make more than a million on average.

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 08:46 PM
A million a year is PLENTY for a TE if he's NOT the starter.. And in year two of his contract Royal's cap number will be $1.8, a RIDICULOUS amount for a TE if he's not the clear cut starter.

Look, I have no problem with Robert Royal. I am saying I have a HUGE problem giving a guy a multi-million signing bonus and a STARTER-earning contract if he's NOT the starting TE.. And for the record, I NEVER said he would NOT be starting either.

MarvLevy
05-07-2006, 08:52 PM

:clap: EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

SquishDaFish
05-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Go Tatonka!! Great posting.

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Ya great posting..

Forget about the fact the post is 100% WRONG and INACCURATE about "backloaded" contracts and it was just shown to him.. twice

But great posting anyway.

Tatonka
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
pat.. none of the base salaries matter.. so backloaded isnt the correct term.. they still make minimum salaries this year.. and have a 2million signing bonus roughly.

if they suck this year, and we cut them, it costs us a whole 1.5 million bucks.. more than likely, they will get at least 2 years with the new coaches.. so that means that all these guys will cost us 1 million against the cap..

point is.. WHO CARES!!!

you have said it so many damn times that the entire board is sick of hearing it.. that is why people are applauding the post.. because i said :stfu: which is what most people here wish you would do.

Spiderweb
05-07-2006, 10:23 PM
pat.. none of the base salaries matter.. so backloaded isnt the correct term.. they still make minimum salaries this year.. and have a 2million signing bonus roughly.

if they suck this year, and we cut them, it costs us a whole 1.5 million bucks.. more than likely, they will get at least 2 years with the new coaches.. so that means that all these guys will cost us 1 million against the cap..

point is.. WHO CARES!!!

you have said it so many damn times that the entire board is sick of hearing it.. that is why people are applauding the post.. because i said :stfu: which is what most people here wish you would do.

Personally, reading posts from either "Pat" or "T" are generally interesting, even this dispute....

TigerJ
05-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Everett is an athletic but raw TE. What he will be isn't real clear yet. He could end up being an all pro, but who really knows. He could be a great blocker, but his size does not suggest that he's going to be pancaking people with regularity. He does have good speed and hands, which suggests that receiving will likely be the forte of the final product, but he's got to get and stay healthy, and get some reps in training camp and playing time in games before he can be much of anything.

shelby
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh :curse:ing stop you two. Y'all can argue your points without attacking each other.

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I didnt attack anybody, and I also didn't swear seven times in two paragraphs.

I simply said its INSANE to throw out $2+ million dollar signing bonuses to someone if he's not a CLEAR cut starter, ESPECIALLY a tight end, and its even more idiotic to suggest it's not a big deal to "only" lose out on $1.5 million towards the cap because a player didnt work out. There will be years when just a few million means the difference between landing an impact player we covet or not.

Turf
05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Do we have a video of Everett actually moving?

billsburgh
05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
do you think we could see a lot of single back, 2 tight end sets? when Royal was signed, someone on the staff said it was like having a 6th lineman out there

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2006, 02:35 AM
First of all, instead of swearing up a storm like a imature TOUGH GUY, why don't you go out and get yourself a CLUE with what you're talking about!

Royal's deal is for FIVE years and not four.. And you have to be totally mental to call his contract a "backloaded" contract.
Bills | Contract update: Royal
signed a five-year contract that includes base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $1.3 million (2007), $1.675 million (2008), $1.525 million (2009) and $1.44 million (2010).

Did I mention he got a $2.5 million signing bonus??? For the mathematically challenged, that means his cap figure is a half million for each year of his deal on his SIGNING bonus alone.. And if you think that's a backloaded contract maybe you should re-examine your knowledge on football. A "backloaded" contract is when almost ALL of the money is in the bottom two years of a contract, something along the lines Ryan Denney signed.

So with that contract, YES he BETTER be our starting TE or he was a TOTAL waste of a signing.. $1 million plus cap hit in his FIRST year of the deal is "chump change"?

And the SAME goes for Josh Reed.
Bills | Contract update: J. Reed
signed a four-year contract that includes base salaries of $600,000 (2006), $1.65 million (2007), $1.825 million (2008) and $2.025 million (2009).

He also got a $2 million signing bonus ($500k per year on the cap). His contract is FAR from "backloaded" as well.

So either he starts or is the number three receiver or AGAIN this was a STUPID signing. Is it still CHUMP change to just cut him if he doesnt produce this year, as he's barely done in FOUR years previously. That's $1.5 million cap hit ALONE just to cut him.

that shouldnt be "chump change" to a team that's been playoff-less for six years running.

So either Royal DOES start and Reed DOES at least be the #3 OR they were TWO useless and expensive signings and as you can see they are NOT backloaded contracts.

Maybe next time before one of your childish cuss-tantrums you can actually have an ideal of what you're TALKING about.

Reed's contract is backloaded. Royal's is not, but nor is it exactly lucrative in terms of recent numbers and the first year is low. It's a good contract for someone who is expected to contribute. You make mountains out of mole hills. You compare Royal's contract to Reed's and use Denney's as an example of a "backloaded" contract. Clearly, Reed's contract very closely resembles Denney's. Which is it dude?

There are a lot of knowledgeable football fans on this site, but very few are as blowhard in their posts as I have seen you sometimes.

Night Train
05-08-2006, 05:33 AM

Well said.

I realize the players got a signing bonus as an incentive to come to Buffalo but these 4 year 10 Mil deals are low paying 1-2 year deals at best. ( Royal, Reed, Price etc. ).

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
I didnt attack anybody, and I also didn't swear seven times in two paragraphs.

I simply said its INSANE to throw out $2+ million dollar signing bonuses to someone if he's not a CLEAR cut starter, ESPECIALLY a tight end, and its even more idiotic to suggest it's not a big deal to "only" lose out on $1.5 million towards the cap because a player didnt work out. There will be years when just a few million means the difference between landing an impact player we covet or not.
Considering how we haven't had an OL in years , his asset as a blocker is gonna come in handy. OL is a HUGE need for this team, I don't have a problem with his contract. How much would Campbell have cost the team if we kept him? I'll take Royal over Campbell any day.

We b!tched about how this OL has done nothing all these years and we pay one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL 600,000 in the first year and 1.something in his second year and it's a problem.

Maybe we should've let Everrett block for us with a bad knee and when that knee pops again, people are gonna whine.

HHURRICANE
05-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Everett is an athletic but raw TE. What he will be isn't real clear yet. He could end up being an all pro, but who really knows. He could be a great blocker, but his size does not suggest that he's going to be pancaking people with regularity. He does have good speed and hands, which suggests that receiving will likely be the forte of the final product, but he's got to get and stay healthy, and get some reps in training camp and playing time in games before he can be much of anything.

Let's just admit now that Tom Donohoe's draft last year sucked!!! Everett and Parrish's wonderlick combined didn't equal Vince Youngs. Parrish is too small (he can't even earn a #2 spot and he was our first player taken). Everett was snake bitten as soon as he showed up. I'll bet money he doesn't make it through camp without getting hurt.

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Let's just admit now that Tom Donohoe's draft last year sucked!!! Everett and Parrish's wonderlick combined didn't equal Vince Youngs. Parrish is too small (he can't even earn a #2 spot and he was our first player taken). Everett was snake bitten as soon as he showed up. I'll bet money he doesn't make it through camp without getting hurt.Na. I'll wait to reserve judgement on Parrish. He was injured parctically the entire season. The guy was easily the best wr at camp before the injury. If the amount of time he played is enough for you to call him a bust, you need to change your avatar. "what's good for the goose..." :D

HHURRICANE
05-08-2006, 08:21 AM
If the amount of time he played is enough for you to call him a bust, you need to change your avatar. "what's good for the goose..." :D

That was pretty funny. I may have been a little tough on Everett but Parrish lacks the size and it showed last year.

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 08:27 AM
That was pretty funny. I may have been a little tough on Everett but Parrish lacks the size and it showed last year.
Steve Smith? Santana Moss?

Parrish was the favotrite wr of the guy in your avatar. Ask anyone who was at camp. I don't care how small they are as long as they can catch and hang on to the ball.

HHURRICANE
05-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Steve Smith? Santana Moss?

Parrish was the favotrite wr of the guy in your avatar. Ask anyone who was at camp. I don't care how small they are as long as they can catch and hang on to the ball.

"My guy" is barely hanging onto his avatar spot!

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
"My guy" is barely hanging onto his avatar spot! Keep it . Billieve :D.

Kerr
05-08-2006, 09:02 AM
At worse, Everett would become our #2 TE on the depth chart. Royal has a good chance of becoming a starter just based on blocking ability. He's the 6th lineman out there. Royal has not shown enough to show he's a receiving threat, but if Everett can improve his blocking, then he has a chance to supplant royal as the starter. As an example, NE had started Christian Fauria because of his blocking ability. Watson and Graham were generally receving threats, but watson improved his blocking and became a starter.

TedMock
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Does anybody think a 1a and 1b is out of the realm of reality? If Royal is not the starter but gets half the snaps because of his strengths, the money is well spent. I think people jump the gun and go into a full blown fng panic over this stuff. RELAX, and see what happens. I swear some people enjoy making themselves look like children.

Tatonka
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I swear some people enjoy making themselves look like children.

:couch:

HAMMER
05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
That video makes it look like he is still favoring that knee considerably.

patmoran2006
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Considering how we haven't had an OL in years , his asset as a blocker is gonna come in handy. OL is a HUGE need for this team, I don't have a problem with his contract. How much would Campbell have cost the team if we kept him? I'll take Royal over Campbell any day.

We b!tched about how this OL has done nothing all these years and we pay one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL 600,000 in the first year and 1.something in his second year and it's a problem.

Maybe we should've let Everrett block for us with a bad knee and when that knee pops again, people are gonna whine.
who's *****ing about Royal? Find somewhere in the post I *****ed about him? I "*****ed" that it a WASTE of money to sign him and give him $2.5 million to put his name on a contract if he's NOT starting.

Philagape
05-08-2006, 05:06 PM
All the debate about who's starting may be moot because we'll see a lot of two-TE sets. The odd man out is Shelton.

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
who's *****ing about Royal? Find somewhere in the post I *****ed about him? I "*****ed" that it a WASTE of money to sign him and give him $2.5 million to put his name on a contract if he's NOT starting.

Some people complained about Marv not dishing out enough cash to the guy that the cardinals matched and yet we pay one of the best blocking Te's decent cash and it's a problem? We just have to disagree about how much he's being paid. We need an OL and a sure blocker to help JP develop. I think some people just need to look beyond how much he's being paid and look at how much he can help both Willis and JP. If JP and Willis were proven players than we don't need Royal. Right now it isn't the case.