• CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

Orton's stats

#7 comp pct
    #6 yds/att
    #2 longest pass
    #9 yds/game
    #6 qb rtg

Is Orton a top ten qb? Can he keep it up?
    My tebya razdavim
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Orton's stats

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    #7 comp pct
    #6 yds/att
    #2 longest pass
    #9 yds/game
    #6 qb rtg

Those #'s would be better if Sammy wasn't showboating.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
      Those #'s would be better if Sammy wasn't showboating.
      actually I dont see how 5 yards and a td change a single ranking there ...
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
        chop chop
        • Jun 2003

Just out of curiosity, what were EJ's rankings through 4 games?

It'll be hard to keep up that pace but I'd settle for Top 15 #'s, given the surrounding talent
        Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
          actually I dont see how 5 yards and a td change a single ranking there ...
          An extra td and 5 more yds might have been enough to push him ahead of Brady. Orton's rtg is 104.0 and Brady's is 104.7
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

Those are very good stats, especially considering how mediocre the offensive line is, and the poor protection Orton gets. Watkins who'd been almost invisible in the games where Manuel was QB is now looking like the real deal.

I'm no Marrone fan - but he made a gutsy and smart decision to bench Manuele and play Orton. If that had been Chan Gailey, or Dick Jauron, I'd wager they'd have stuck with Manuel for the entire season.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

I don't see him ever being a top 10 qb, but can he be a good NFL starter?? The answer is yes. To think that he's done what he's done with a very shaky offensive line is saying a lot.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

#7 comp pct
                #6 yds/att
                #2 longest pass
                #9 yds/game
                #6 qb rtg

History says no.

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

#7 comp pct
                  #6 yds/att
                  #2 longest pass
                  #9 yds/game
                  #6 qb rtg

You do realize that three of those measures skyrocketed after the Jets game, right?

His rating went up over 10 points, his two longest passes were in that game, and his YPA in the Jets game was twice what it was over his first three games. It was 14 vs. the Jets, 7.2 prior to that. 8.0 now.

He also has more sacks per game than any other QB or team this season.

Just about everyone seems to suggest that sacks are huge on D, but if that's the case then shouldn't they be equally huge for defenses that play us?

He's on pace to come close to Bledsoe's team record for sacks allowed but it took Bledsoe 16 games, Orton's pace would achieve it in 13. Saving Orton is that he can only play 12 games. At the rate he's going he'll lead the league in sacks at the end of this season though.

Is that relevant?
                  http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                  (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                  Originally Posted by pmoon6
                  The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Still early. I'm excited on the quick turnaround but there is a lot of football left and the Bills have some heavy teams on the schedule still. In fact, the analysis won't truly settle in with Orton until close to the end of next season.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

those metrics the OP cited are going to be better for a guy who's played 4 games than the QB's who've played 8. That being said, he's thrown for a lot of yards and is top 30 QB despite playing half the number of games of the guys ahead of him. If he had the same production in first 4 games (unlikely since he joined the team in the last week so it'd have been hard to run the offense at all in the first week or 2) he'd be in the top6 of QBs.

I think he'll regress some and be closer to his .500 average, 60% completion qb that he's always been. but i hope he isn't. it'd be fun it he can only get better and carry the team for a long run. but it seems like a long shot.

i still think, regardless of his stats, he's an enjoyable guy to root for.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        You do realize that three of those measures skyrocketed after the Jets game, right?

His rating went up over 10 points, his two longest passes were in that game, and his YPA in the Jets game was twice what it was over his first three games. It was 14 vs. the Jets, 7.2 prior to that. 8.0 now.

Just about everyone seems to suggest that sacks are huge on D, but if that's the case then shouldn't they be equally huge for defenses that play us?

He's on pace to come close to Bledsoe's team record for sacks allowed but it took Bledsoe 16 games, Orton's pace would achieve it in 13. Saving Orton is that he can only play 12 games. At the rate he's going he'll lead the league in sacks at the end of this season though.

Is that relevant?
                        Doesn't that make his stats more impressive? He's under pressure a lot but still playing well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Is that relevant?

the wysian logic. really blows.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

#7 comp pct
                            #6 yds/att
                            #2 longest pass
                            #9 yds/game
                            #6 qb rtg

Well, on NFL Network yesterday, it showed Orton in the top 10, I think #7 if I remember right.

Was high on the fantasy list for those into that.

The question is can he keep it up?

With the weapons he has on this team, I think he can but I won't bet the house on it.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Is that relevant?
                              It shows our line sucks, not that Orton isn't a top ten QB like you imply based on this. In fact, it is an argument in favor of Orton if anything.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍