Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

Just surfing various sites and I read multiple fans stating they no longer like McGahee. Various reasons were..

- He's not a Buffalo guy
    - He's all about the $$
    - Didn't attend the OTA's
    - The whole Miami U. workout thing
    - Drew Rosenhaus
    - Afraid he'll tank if he gets the big $$
    - never regained his speed
    - perceived attitude.
    - the "baby momma" article

I can understand the lack of endearment towards McGahee but I don't buy into the theory that good RB's are " A dime a dozen ". Good RB's are hard to find and are the primary player on offense, in terms of gaining yardage. Between running and catching, they touch the ball 300+ times a season and better produce. McGahee, in this Fairchild Offense, could be sitting on some big games. He looks dead fit and in excellent shape.

I see Lionel Gates as a raw unknown. Anthony Thomas has been cut 2-3 times recently. Shaud Williams may be 5-4 with lifts. So where is the front line replacement ? The 2007 draft ? Then the same people will yell if we don't draft Lineman. Can't have it both ways.

Hmmm...maybe we should consider keeping him after all. He's a football player, who will never split the atom in his next career.

Let's keep things in perspective.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

I want him gone now.

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wanted him gone when we drafted him. Anybody who didn't see this coming is as blind as Stevie Wonder.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Until he Holds out I want him on this team. Im not like the Idiots wanting him gone now just for missing Voluntary OTAs. The guy is there when he has to be this year. He is going to be great this year watch and see. Once he holds out if he does I want him gone too.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If he runs 1,900 yds this year and we win the SB, will you like him then?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not just missing OTA's- it's the overall lack of effort he's shown that bothers me. The guy parties in Miami and only comes to Buffalo to collect his paycheck. He has no loyalty to the team that took a significant risk by drafting him after a potentially career-ending injury.

I'm not saying the Bills should come right out and dump him right away. But so far, his on-the-field performance hasn't matched his ability or his mouth, and he has Rosenass for an agent- it's a holdout waiting to happen. I'd rather see him cut than see the Bills overpay for him. You can argue all day about whether good running backs are a dime a dozen, but it can't be that hard to find one who can get 78 yards a game.

If he comes to play this year and shows something, then maybe he'll deserve a huge payday. But even then would make me nervous- who knows if he would actually try after he gets his signing bonus?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    Yes, for five weeks. Because that's about how long it will take for Drew Rosenhaus to start demanding a cap-killing contract.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't particularly like his attitude or performance to date, but I could be won over by a 2,000 yard, 20 touchdown season.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsIN05
    Until he Holds out I want him on this team. Im not like the Idiots wanting him gone now just for missing Voluntary OTAs. The guy is there when he has to be this year. He is going to be great this year watch and see. Once he holds out if he does I want him gone too.
    The SMART fans here know what he is. A selfish punk. We want him gone ASAP

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    I don't particularly like his attitude or performance to date, but I could be won over by a 2,000 yard, 20 touchdown season.
    I don't care if he runs for 3000 yards and 50 TD's. he is a friggin punk and needs to be gone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So we should draft only good christian players from BYU and Liberty ?

I really don't see much difference between him and say E. James, now of the Cardinals. I never disliked E. James and he skipped OTA's all the time with the Colts. But he showed up big on Sunday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train
    But he showed up big on Sunday.
    when McGahee does that, you'll have a point. So far, he hasn't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So we should draft only good christian players from BYU and Liberty ?

I really don't see much difference between him and say E. James, now of the Cardinals. I never disliked E. James and he skipped OTA's all the time with the Colts. But he showed up big on Sunday.
    He skipped OTA's and over the last few years his performance went down. He was such a great player by training in Miami that the Best GM in football decided LAST year to let him seek a trade. No one thought he was worth giving up a 2nd round pick for. Immagine that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    when McGahee does that, you'll have a point. So far, he hasn't.
    Yeah other than one game against the Bucs, when did he show up last year? Oh thats right, he quit mid way though the season

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I look at it this way. In 26 starts, he has 2300 + yards and 18 TD's, for a Coach who ran one of the worst offenses in team history. Fairchild seems to have an actual plan ( something we haven't had in 3 years ).

Fairchild has publicly stated Willis figures huge in his Offense and I'm fine with that. I can envision about 80-100 yards a game average, plus 4-6 pass receptions out of the backfield. That could set up the pass downfield to Evans quite nicely.

He's a key part of the plan and if you keep swapping players in and out of the lineup, you're usually in a constant rebuilding mold....in other words, losing more often than you'd like. Lack of patience can be your own worst enemy, especially with key skill players like Losman, McGahee etc. Find a core that works and let them grow.

Aren't we a little tired of the constant rebuilding after 6 years of no playoffs ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

im on record mcgahee is the real deal and we need to keep him hes put up solid numbers behind a terrible o line i can just imagine what he could do if we had a line 75% as good as KC's o line

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no one brings up the fact mularky the fool was the one who asked willis to be 240 last year so he could mimic the bus this year hes back to the form he was at the U hes gonna have a pep in his step!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The FACTS everyone ignores is he had one good season in college. He is one of the more overhyped players in the NFL. Another FACT is we can replace him in the first 2 rounds of the draft easy. That is why no one wanted to give up a draft pick for Edge as well. Indy went out and did exactly that, replaced edge in the draft.

Part ways with this self centered, egotistical, over hyped punk asap.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I look at it this way. In 26 starts, he has 2300 + yards and 18 TD's, for a Coach who ran one of the worst offenses in team history. Fairchild seems to have an actual plan ( something we haven't had in 3 years ).

Fairchild has publicly stated Willis figures huge in his Offense and I'm fine with that. I can envision about 80-100 yards a game average, plus 4-6 pass receptions out of the backfield. That could set up the pass downfield to Evans quite nicely.

He's a key part of the plan and if you keep swapping players in and out of the lineup, you're usually in a constant rebuilding mold....in other words, losing more often than you'd like. Lack of patience can be your own worst enemy, especially with key skill players like Losman, McGahee etc. Find a core that works and let them grow.

Aren't we a little tired of the constant rebuilding after 6 years of no playoffs ?
    Did Fairchild run any of this by McGahee? Apparently he thinks he's going to learn the offense in South Beach. I know OTA's are optional, but it speaks volumes about McGahee when the OC wants to make him the lynchpin of the offense and he can't even show up to learn it.

Yes, I'm tired of the rebuilding too. But TD tried the whole "overpaying big names" thing and the best it got us was a 9-7 season.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby

IF that happens,it would be a good time to trade him.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.