Thread: Brandon Noble is GONE!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs down Brandon Noble is GONE!!!

Redskins | Noble Visiting - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    February 28, 2003 13:48:18 PT The Washington Post reports free agent DT Brandon Noble (Cowboys) was scheduled to visit with the Washington Redskins on Friday.

Redskins | Noble To Sign - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    February 28, 2003 20:23:51 PT According to the Washington Post, the Washington Redskins are on the verge of completing a contract agreement with free agent DT Brandon Noble (Cowboys). They planned to introduce him at a news conference on Saturday.

Redskins | More On Noble - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    February 28, 2003 21:20:01 PT Updating an earlier story, Jay Glazer reports for SportsLine.com the Washington Redskins have agreed to terms with free agent DT Brandon Noble (Cowboys) on a four-year deal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Was he on our radar???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    This sucks...we didn't even get a shot at him! I just hope that we do something like this with Peterson or Spikes. Bring him in and sign him to a contract before they leave!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I say lock the damn doors when they come in and dont let them out and sick Manute Bol on them!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Cant afford Noble. Since Price is tagged not much left. Bills Probably wont get anyone major unless a trade is done with Price.

Redskind have been the busiest club so far. Trade for canidate, got 2 Guards and Noble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the release of jenkins and Riemersma Buffalo does have the cap money for one big signing until the Price situation gets resolved. Linebackers are a priority over DT. Still a lot of DT's available and who knows who will be a June 1st casualty. I know Sean Gilbert will be a June 1st casualty but not sure of other DT's

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Brian H
    Was he on our radar???
    Who knows. In this frenzy to get a LB, seems like we haven't invited any DTs in.

Originally posted by Mike32282
    This sucks...we didn't even get a shot at him! I just hope that we do something like this with Peterson or Spikes. Bring him in and sign him to a contract before they leave!
    That's why tying up big bucks on Price is gonna hurt us if it goes on for too long.

I gotta tell ya, if we don't fix our rushing D then my hopes are not very high that we'll be much above .500 or right at it again. Our schedule isn't easy as it was this year, or not as easy, and LBs just aren't going to stop the up-the-middle stuff that we've had trouble with. We need a DT, before an OLB IMO. Actually we need both, but we've gotta stop the bleeding on this rush D. Gotta get Thornton now, or one of a couple other guys.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

clumping platelets
    John Thornton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ***** I really wanted him, but Clump is right John Thorton is my second choice.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Wys Guy

Who knows. In this frenzy to get a LB, seems like we haven't invited any DTs in.

That's why tying up big bucks on Price is gonna hurt us if it goes on for too long.

I gotta tell ya, if we don't fix our rushing D then my hopes are not very high that we'll be much above .500 or right at it again. Our schedule isn't easy as it was this year, or not as easy, and LBs just aren't going to stop the up-the-middle stuff that we've had trouble with. We need a DT, before an OLB IMO. Actually we need both, but we've gotta stop the bleeding on this rush D. Gotta get Thornton now, or one of a couple other guys.
    I'm gonna type something I don't think I've ever typed...

Wys is 100% right,
    In fact he is so right the only thing I'll add to this is that this is the reason why I don't think Peterson should be our no.1 LB choice... he is probably the weakest (of all the big name FA LBs) against the run. I'd rather Barber or pay whatever price Cinci wants for Spikes before Peterson... either that or built the meanest run stuffing line in the game so Peterson doesn't have to stop RBs.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Ingtar33

I'm gonna type something I don't think I've ever typed...

Wys is 100% right,
    In fact he is so right the only thing I'll add to this is that this is the reason why I don't think Peterson should be our no.1 LB choice...
    Oh man, do I know you?