Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Weekly on Bills

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pro Football Weekly on Bills

This pisses me off. They question the fans support of this team, but make no mention that our owner has yet to step up to the plate and make this team a championship caliber team. Better yet, he hasn't even made it a playoff team! Sorry, but Ralph may be playing his cards to sell this team to an out of town owner who will move it. Word of advice...Don't trust Ralph!

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...m?mode=afceast

Sorry if this was posted already...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pro Football Weekly on Bills

Yawn. Excuses never end. "I'll support this team when they win a Super Bowl!" What great fans the Bills have! (sarcasm!) Meanwhile you have teams like the KC Chiefs and Green Bay Packers that sell out every game. Even have long waiting lists for season tickets. But the Bills? Cheapest seats in the NFL, team in the hunt for the playoffs, can't sell out three games...and the biggest game of the year there are 20,000 unsold seats!!!

Sorry to break the news to you: Bills fan support is nothing to crow about. You can make every excuse in the book...too cold, too close to christmas, team is no good...it all boils down to fans who don't give a crap. They might as well load the moving vans now.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot
    Yawn. Excuses never end. "I'll support this team when they win a Super Bowl!" What great fans the Bills have! (sarcasm!) Meanwhile you have teams like the KC Chiefs and Green Bay Packers that sell out every game. Even have long waiting lists for season tickets. But the Bills? Cheapest seats in the NFL, team in the hunt for the playoffs, can't sell out three games...and the biggest game of the year there are 20,000 unsold seats!!!

Sorry to break the news to you: Bills fan support is nothing to crow about. You can make every excuse in the book...too cold, too close to christmas, team is no good...it all boils down to fans who don't give a crap. They might as well load the moving vans now.

PTR
    Great post. Not selling-out the Miami game told me that the Bills are a representation of their fans. You get what you give. Sorry, that's the truth.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,397 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think that it's inaccurate to judge the Bills fans by what happened at the end of this season- the fans ****ed up 3 whole games after taking nearly a decade of abuse. Shame on us

That being said, I can understand why people have that perception about us- 3 missed sellouts in a row- one against a division rival and one against the best player in the NFL.

Still, I said this before and I'll say it again- the FO has the fans by the balls. Either we spend our money to see a crappy team, or they claim they have no fan support and use that as an excuse to move the team. It doesn't provide them with much motivation to put a quality product on the field.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

None of our players are all that exciting. If we had a running back that made plays like the Chiefs do, or a future Hall-of-Fame QB like the Packers do, we might sell out a few more games. We just don't have the players to market an expensive 4 hours to working class, paycheck-to-paycheck Western New Yorkers. The only alternative cure for that is a playoff win.
    Lee Evans is on the verge of stardom, and Losman is headed in the right direction, but McGahee just turns everybody off and the rest of the team is just not exciting at all.
    Cincinnatti has their big three on offense. They're a fun team to watch, so there isn't as much talk about that small market team being moved.
    When a team has struggled on offense for the last 4 seasons like the Bills have, the fan base is bound to shrink and fall into a general malaise.
    Is anyone talking about moving the Saints now? Not too long ago, the franchise was deemed a failure and were the most likely to be moved to L.A.
    Now they have Bush and Brees winning games and selling tickets. Add to that, the all-American sentimental favoritism they are enjoying and suddenly they look pretty well anchored right there in New Orleans.
    Buffalo needs to find a franchise player or win a playoff game soon otherwise it will only get worse.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I think that it's inaccurate to judge the Bills fans by what happened at the end of this season- the fans ****ed up 3 whole games

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by andyxc71
    Buffalo needs to find a franchise player or win a playoff game soon otherwise it will only get worse.
    ...for Buffalo when Ralph sells or moves the team. The only reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is Ralph Wilson. But there comes a point where you say "F it!" and do what's best for you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal
    ...for Buffalo when Ralph sells or moves the team. The only reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is Ralph Wilson. But there comes a point where you say "F it!" and do what's best for you.
    Exactly! The Bills were in the hunt and could not sell out.. The fan base is not what it was 10-15 years ago... They (FO) need to cover about 6 to 8K seats or expect another 3 -4 Blackouts next season!
    Last edited by alohabillsfan; 01-21-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Il be pissed if the bills move... if its to Toronto i don't think i will mind it too much, but anywhere else.... i dont knw what i would do

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by alohabillsfan
    Exactly! The Bills were in the hunt and could not sell out.. The fan base is not what it was 10-15 years ago... They (FO) need to sover about 6 to 8K seats or expect another 3 -4 Blackouts next season!
    Why would they do that? That only cuts down on the money Ralph would be getting while benefitting all the people who AREN'T coming to games by showing them the game for free on TV.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've said why I thought the last four nome games did not sell out. I'm not going to repeat myself. I'm not blaming fans and I'm not blaming Ralph Wilson. I think if the Bills appear to have a strong offseason to go with a modestly imporved product on the field (versus the 2005 season) the season ticket base will improve somewhat with perhaps an additional couple of sell outs. If the Bills have a good season in 2007, they will sell out in 2008.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ultimately it's the fans hurting themselves and their fellow Bills fans who legimitately cannot go to games by not selling-out the stadium so that the games can be shown on TV, local businesses can make money during gametime, and to prevent giving Ralph an excuse for moving the team. Very shortsighted on Bills fans' parts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This topic always depresses me. I was at the Tennessee game me and my buddies were crushed to see all the empty seats. Everyone claims that its the bills fault. Maybe a little of it was, but they were playing damn good football with a roster void of talent. They were a win from controlling there own destiny and fans were no where to be found. Well sabres games taking away from tickets, four games were in the winter after thanks giving. Pretty weak. Now next year they better sell out because there schedule looks great, and the team is getting better no excuses TD is out of town its a different era.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    I've said why I thought the last four nome games did not sell out. I'm not going to repeat myself. I'm not blaming fans and I'm not blaming Ralph Wilson. I think if the Bills appear to have a strong offseason to go with a modestly imporved product on the field (versus the 2005 season) the season ticket base will improve somewhat with perhaps an additional couple of sell outs. If the Bills have a good season in 2007, they will sell out in 2008.
    Your telling me that we can sell out the Viking game in october, but we can't sell out 4 games in a roll against quality opponets when the bills were playing good football. Call me short sighted, but i can't excuse that.

Registered User SeatownBillsFan21's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

living in seattle sucks as a bills fan but it suck even worse when you people cant sell out games do you want a team in buffalo if so start acting like it the truth is we didnt sell out our home game so how can this piss you off it the truth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by camelcowboy
    Your telling me that we can sell out the Viking game in october, but we can't sell out 4 games in a roll against quality opponets when the bills were playing good football. Call me short sighted, but i can't excuse that.
    The Games in October were sold out in August and September when hopes were high for earlier games always sell out before later games even before Sabres got hot unless there is a strong fanbase favorite coming to town or a scalpers sell them to an opposing team's fans.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 3,551 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    I agree. It's isn't the fans that are hurting the ticket sales. It's the on field product that Donahoe left Marv with.

Having said that, we still need to support the team by buying tickets or we will not have a team much longer.

There really isn't anymore reason to revolt against the Bills by not going to the games anymore. The old regime is gone and we say pretty good improvement the further the season went on. All the players bought into the system installed by Dick and there wasn't any off field scandles that have plagued us for the last couple of years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sorry but bashing Ralph is just true ignorance in it's purest form. There wouldn't be a team in Buffalo much less ANY small market team if it wasn't for pioneers like Wilson. His "tight" wallet saved teams like the Raiders and Patriots from financial ruin and almost single handily kept the AFL afloat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by madness
    I'm sorry but bashing Ralph is just true ignorance in it's purest form. There wouldn't be a team in Buffalo much less ANY small market team if it wasn't for pioneers like Wilson. His "tight" wallet saved teams like the Raiders and Patriots from financial ruin and almost single handily kept the AFL afloat.
    and considering we're not exactly spending just the bare minimum every year and are, in fact, usually pretty close to the cap, it's ridiculous to accuse him of being cheap