Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the fran./ league

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the fran./ league

The Snyders, krafts, jones's and other people of big business that own NFL franchises have a knack for knowing how big business gets done. They put their best lawyers in front of the Networks best lawyers and realize they can come out of this with really huge bank. That huge bank pays for players to cash in and creates security for the league in general. These guys are dealing with billions of dollars and represented the league quite well. Guys like RW don't know how to get into those types of people's doors nor is he sharp enough to handle it.

RW is the type that he doesn't understand it, he says no (like cincy's owner). What's best for the league and the Bills is past what RW can comprehend. The big money and their big gun attorneys will continue to make sure that we have a Buffalo Bills and fund are underachieving teams ***.

When a Tom G. gets a hold of a franchise and has the pockets and resources to do it right, you'll get great results. Please note the Sabres and their suprising ability to sell out all of their games. If you told me when Tom G. took over that we would be a SC contender that sold out all of it's home games, help fill arena's around the league with Sabres fans, I would of said you are nuts.

You can plainly see what a great legal team and intelligent lawyers can do for a franchise / league. Please spare me that Bettman's the man that is helping hockey, he isn't doing anything as of late. Bettman gets credit for holding hockey in Buffalo and keeping it together temporarily, cudo's to him. Tom G. is the man that's going to shine our area up.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 02-12-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the league

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the league

What's best for the league and the Krafts and Jones' and Snyder's isn't what's best for the Bills. That's the whole problem.

And where is Golisano going to get more resources? Buffalo's economy is down and, unlike DC and Boston, the city has a limited capacity to support an NFL team. Ralph has it pretty well maxed out as it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

first off scoob it was cinci's owner, not clevelands.

What the real problem is, is the BUFFALO aka Western NY Economy can't support the bills.

Read the article I posted. Buffalo needs to charge 80.00 per ticket per game for the cheapest seats to get up to speed. That isn't going to happen in WNY and the other owners know it. Hell the NFL knows it.

Its my opinion that they really dont give a damn about history or old school, its just about the money

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    What's best for the league and the Krafts and Jones' and Snyder's isn't what's best for the Bills. That's the whole problem.

And where is Golisano going to get more resources? Buffalo's economy is down and, unlike DC and Boston, the city has a limited capacity to support an NFL team. Ralph has it pretty well maxed out as it is.
    The Sabres will have sold twice as many tickets this season as the Bills did this past year by season end. The idea of getting people to want to be there is having a successful franchise that people want to be part of. When you go to watch a Sabres game, it's just loaded with nice things and marketed properly. When you go to the Ralph now or from 10 years ago it looks the same. The new scoreboard sounds great but I came to watch a football game not a scoreboard.

We have millions of people within a 90 mile radius and the only real NY state based NFL franchise. If marketed properly the stadium would have a waiting list. Think Green Bay is any bigger than Buffalo?? Try to get a season seat there, (30 + year wait). Tell me what the big draw is to Green Bay, their industry there? That's what I thought.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Green Bay sells tickets because of 1) they are willing to pay whatever is charged, 2) have an icon like Favre, 3) for the most part put a WINNING team on the field.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the team is winning 80 bucks a ticket would sell easily. That is only 640 for the year. NO PROBLEM!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    If the team is winning 80 bucks a ticket would sell easily. That is only 640 for the year. NO PROBLEM!!!
    Exactly. Do you think anyone wanted to go to a Sabres game when they stunk?? The list is full now and back logging as we speak. People are paying $1,500 a seat there and it's the NHL, not the vaunted NFL.

The NFL is the most tracked sport of them all in the US, bar none. We put a contender on the field, the stands will be packed and loud. How many home games we're blacked out in the early 90's?? Not that many, the stands we're full.

See Tom G. did this little thing called a deal on a playoff seat, regular price. You just need to sign up and put 20% down and you'll get a season ticket next year. Funny thing is the deeper we went in the playoffs, the higher the deposit count. This year there are no seats left, think that worked??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the fran./ league

Terrible post! Synder, Kraft, and Jones are destroying the league! They are taking the game away from regular Joe Schmoe fans like us and making it very corporate. If those idiots get their way, none of us will be able to afford going to a game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I think the owners that RW is fighting are the people who will save the fran./ league

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Terrible post! Synder, Kraft, and Jones are destroying the league! They are taking the game away from regular Joe Schmoe fans like us and making it very corporate. If those idiots get their way, none of us will be able to afford going to a game.
    They are actually making the league a household name so more people like us want to show up and buy a ticket. If it costs more to go see a team that has a real chance to win it all, is it worth the extra money?

I would pay to go see a winner, as long as it's not like $200 a game or something stupid. I think $100 a ticket is fair if we win it all. I know the games won't be blacked out and berman will be saying no one circles the wagons........................

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The NFL needs to avoid going the way of NASCAR, which has become so big market, big sponsor and commercial driven that it has forgotten its roots, history, and traditional fan base. Its popularity has really leveled off, and actually declined, the past few years.

The NFL needs small market teams and some amount of parity to retain its popularity and, more importantly, its TV ratings. Driving out teams like the Bills will ultimately be detrimental to the league.

That's what Snyder, Jones and Kraft have to understand.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    The NFL needs to avoid going the way of NASCAR, which has become so big market, big sponsor and commercial driven that it has forgotten its roots, history, and traditional fan base. Its popularity has really leveled off, and actually declined, the past few years.

The NFL needs small market teams and some amount of parity to retain its popularity and, more importantly, its TV ratings. Driving out teams like the Bills will ultimately be detrimental to the league.

There are NFL flags hung at every corner of the Continental US and many points in between for just that reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers

I completely agree with this post.

IMO, I think that small market teams, in general, have blue collar fans without a lot of money that are willing to spend their hard earned money on their team because they believe it's the life force for that city. And in Buffalo's case, it is. Without the Bills, I don't think the Sabres will be as big of a sale as they are now. Fans like continuity. They like seeing the Sabres, but they absolutley love seeing the Bills. It's in Buffalo's best inerest to do whatever necessary to keep the Bills in Buffalo. And to be honest, I think Golisano needs to step up and give Ralph an offer. If he can do for the Bills what he did for the Sabres, then the city and it's inhabitants will enjoy the benefits.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,674 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    They are actually making the league a household name so more people like us want to show up and buy a ticket. If it costs more to go see a team that has a real chance to win it all, is it worth the extra money?

I would pay to go see a winner, as long as it's not like $200 a game or something stupid. I think $100 a ticket is fair if we win it all. I know the games won't be blacked out and berman will be saying no one circles the wagons........................
    Ralph Wilson and his contemporaries made the league a household name before douchebags like Jones, Kraft, and Snyder were wet behind the ears.

They're the ones that OWE the old-schoolers, not the other way around.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

P.S. ---

When Jones, Kraft, and Snyder put their balls on the line and start from scratch a professional sports league that becomes successful, they can start wondering if they're good enough to carry Ralph's jock. Until then, they should just STFU and be thankful for the gift given them.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How did Major League Baseball go from being America's Pastime, to playing second fiddle behind the NFL? Primarily because it became a league of haves and have nots, where the big city teams with huge payrolls tend to dominate, while the Pittsburghs, Kansas Cities, Tampa Bays, Milwaukees and others can't even retain their good young players.

The greedy big market owners - despite the salary cap - are pushing the NFL in that direction by their attempts to deny revenue sharing to the smaller teams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    P.S. ---

When Jones, Kraft, and Snyder put their balls on the line and start from scratch a professional sports league that becomes successful, they can start wondering if they're good enough to carry Ralph's jock. Until then, they should just STFU and be thankful for the gift given them.
    no. sorry no. Yeah ralph and co started it but the joneses etal are the ones that have made it the big business/ media phenom it is now. Maybe its time for ralph to step aside and lets get an owner that will do what kraft did and take a dying franchise and make it into one of the top teams.

Also its time to cut the old school bs and put the team in a location that allows more fans better and easier access. Its obvious the buffalo economy can't cut it, so lets move the team somewhere in NY to be able to draw on more money.

but the homers will say I won't watch if they aren't in Buffalo. Ok then pony up about 85.00 per seat per game minimum, and start paying 100K for luxury suites instead of 25k. Bottom line, you cant have it both ways.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICE74129
    no. sorry no. Yeah ralph and co started it but the joneses etal are the ones that have made it the big business/ media phenom it is now. Maybe its time for ralph to step aside and lets get an owner that will do what kraft did and take a dying franchise and make it into one of the top teams.

Also its time to cut the old school bs and put the team in a location that allows more fans better and easier access. Its obvious the buffalo economy can't cut it, so lets move the team somewhere in NY to be able to draw on more money.

but the homers will say I won't watch if they aren't in Buffalo. Ok then pony up about 85.00 per seat per game minimum, and start paying 100K for luxury suites instead of 25k. Bottom line, you cant have it both ways.
    Your top half is right on but the team needs to be moved to a more viable location in Buffalo, preferably downtown. This will revive that area from within and eventually reach out to all the corners of the area.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It was a 'media phenom' long before the current ownership, ICE. Where were they when the TV contracts were breaking new ground? Where were they when Monday Night Football revolutionized prime-time sports viewing?

The Super Bowl was a, if not THE, most-watched sporting event on an annual basis long before Jones and Co. came on the scene.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    Your top half is right on but the team needs to be moved to a more viable location in Buffalo, preferably downtown. This will revive that area from within and eventually reach out to all the corners of the area.
    So move the team FURTHER from the money? Downtown buffalo is NOT where they need to be. Move them further east or so toward more money and out of the overtaxed buffalo