Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunting for Vick

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hunting for Vick

Although I don't agree with the actions of Michael Vick, I also do NOT agree with the way he has been villanized, and I honestly think its pure BS. There are criminals all over the world treated with more respect than Vick has been treated with. I wonder if Peyton Manning committed these crimes what the reaction would be. In fact isn't it a common "caucasian" sport to go out shooting helpless animals in the name of fun? But I guess its ok because Deer, wolves, bears, etc don't roll over and fetch. The fact is people are always so quick to rip someone apart ESPECIALLY when their colored... YES I SAID IT! and its a fact that is greatly affecting this case whether ppl want to admit it or not. Also, Vick is being used as an example to the rest of the league and although I do agree that there should be an example made of some ppl who are constantly breaking laws in the NFL I don't think that Vick should be it and not so harshly. In fact I think that Willis McGahee is a MUCH WORSE human being than Vick is. Having kids and abandoning them routinely IMO is mush worse than Vick's crimes. I really wonder what everyone expects, society is so violent these days, is it really crazy that some ppl might enjoy dog fighting. How about cleaning up the streets and getting rid of the real criminals that are gunning down HUMANS on a daily basis! Also how about ridding the communities of gangs and guns and drugs.... so that people like Vick and others in the league don't have to grow up in situations that make them immune to such things. It seems the priority is nailing the guys who are actually making something of themselves and getting out of those dangerous communities instead of those who are creating it.

Im sorry, but people's perspective on this issue is way out of wack compared to the BIG PICTURE... and making Vick into this notorious criminal is ridiculous.

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Hunting for Vick

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you are way off here. To turn this into a black/white thing is plain stupid. Also, comparing this to the legal hunting of wild animals, where there is law to it, is insane. You can't be serious to think that if Peyton Manning was found to have dog fighting and he also committed the same crimes that people would say it was no big deal is just stupid. You will probably be getting replies here on how stupid your ideas are. I agree that there are people who do pretty bad things and don't get much pub for it, but no way is the torture and the ways these animals were treaded would get my sympathy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So its ok to kill some animals but not others? Which can we and which cant?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I realize the black/white thing is sensitive but it cant be denied that that problem still exists in society and in the eyes of the law.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One big problem i have with this situation is why does he have to resort to this when he is one of the highest paid players in the league. Was it really worth the trouble for him? I think not, and as for him being an example, i think its a good thing because if he slapped on the wrist the NFL will just be seen as a joke. Too many celebrities are getting away with things that would put regular joe's in jail for much longer.

You should know better than bring up the hunting issue. There is just no basis for this arguement. For one thing it is all based on keeping the population down, secondly people hunt sometimes to keep food on the table (do you eat dog? i sure dont thing Vick does).

And as for making him out to be a notorious criminal, i haven't seen such accusation...
    BERNIAC!

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    I realize the black/white thing is sensitive but it cant be denied that that problem still exists in society and in the eyes of the law.
    very true and very worthy of consideration

but in the final analysis it doesnt appear to me to be a factor in this case

if peyton manning was caught bankrolling illegal gambing and assisted when dogs were smashed into concrete until they died i would think the same exact punishment would result
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you think PETA cares?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak
    One big problem i have with this situation is why does he have to resort to this when he is one of the highest paid players in the league. Was it really worth the trouble for him? I think not, and as for him being an example, i think its a good thing because if he slapped on the wrist the NFL will just be seen as a joke. Too many celebrities are getting away with things that would put regular joe's in jail for much longer.

You should know better than bring up the hunting issue. There is just no basis for this arguement. For one thing it is all based on keeping the population down, secondly people hunt sometimes to keep food on the table (do you eat dog? i sure dont thing Vick does).

And as for making him out to be a notorious criminal, i haven't seen such accusation...
    Exactly he's not being accused of being a notorious criminal just treated like one by the general public. And as for Vick being too rich to get into dog fighting. Its not abou the money to him im sure. Its about the thrill, just like those who shoot helpless animals from 200 yards away for the thrill.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the most important thing is that he thought he was above the law. everybody involved in dog fighting knows its illegal. everybody in the nfl knows that gambling on such events is TOTALLY unacceptable. how many instances does somebody need to know that? so he obviously thought he was immune

if someone thinks dogfighting should be allowed thats fine, then bring it up publicly and try to change things. but you absolutely dont just pretend like its not an issue and do whatever the hell you want. its against the law right now, you know it, and you will face the consequences should you choose to continue. he did and hes getting what he deserves

in this country only a wingnut president is above the law and can do whatever the hell he wants without reprisal. for now anyway football players are a different story

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So its ok to kill some animals but not others? Which can we and which cant?
    You can't be serious, there are laws that allow you to kill certain animals. You can actually search for what animals are legal to kill. Also, these hunters don't torture the animals or have rape machines. I just can't believe you are serious with this argument, you have to be here to stir up trouble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    the most important thing is that he thought he was above the law. everybody involved in dog fighting knows its illegal. everybody in the nfl knows that gambling on such events is TOTALLY unacceptable. how many instances does somebody need to know that? so he obviously thought he was immune

if someone thinks dogfighting should be allowed thats fine, then bring it up publicly and try to change things. but you absolutely dont just pretend like its not an issue and do whatever the hell you want. its against the law right now, you know it, and you will face the consequences should you choose to continue. he did and hes getting what he deserves

in this country only a wingnut president is above the law and can do whatever the hell he wants without reprisal. for now anyway football players are a different story
    At least we agree on the pres issue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Alert me when people train deer, bears, squirrels, etc to kill each other so people can bet on them. Until then your hunting analogy will not be even close to valid.

Sarah Palin for President... of my pants! Stewie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Although I don't agree with the actions of Michael Vick, I also do NOT agree with the way he has been villanized, and I honestly think its pure BS. There are criminals all over the world treated with more respect than Vick has been treated with. I wonder if Peyton Manning committed these crimes what the reaction would be. In fact isn't it a common "caucasian" sport to go out shooting helpless animals in the name of fun? But I guess its ok because Deer, wolves, bears, etc don't roll over and fetch.
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen posted on this board, and that's saying a lot.

Peyton Manning would be cruicified ten times more than Mike Vick because he's ten times the quarterback and celebrity than Vick is. If you dont' believe that, you need to look in the mirror to find the racist tendencies you're accusing others of.

Also, you have obviously never hunted in your life. Hunters aim to kill quickly and painlessly. Hunting is an activity that evolved from humans getting food for survival. To compare that to electocuting a dog, or slamming a dog onto pavement repeatedly, is the height of stupidity and ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

its just too bad ron mexico cant invoke executive privilege then he could walk scott free

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
    You can't be serious, there are laws that allow you to kill certain animals. You can actually search for what animals are legal to kill. Also, these hunters don't torture the animals or have rape machines. I just can't believe you are serious with this argument, you have to be here to stir up trouble.
    K Im not one to stir up trouble. Secondly, just because the law says I can shoot a bear doesnt mean its any less cruel than what Vick did. Unless these magic bullets dont hurt, its also a form of torture.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Although I don't agree with the actions of Michael Vick, I also do NOT agree with the way he has been villanized, and I honestly think its pure BS. There are criminals all over the world treated with more respect than Vick has been treated with. I wonder if Peyton Manning committed these crimes what the reaction would be. In fact isn't it a common "caucasian" sport to go out shooting helpless animals in the name of fun? But I guess its ok because Deer, wolves, bears, etc don't roll over and fetch. The fact is people are always so quick to rip someone apart ESPECIALLY when their colored... YES I SAID IT! and its a fact that is greatly affecting this case whether ppl want to admit it or not. Also, Vick is being used as an example to the rest of the league and although I do agree that there should be an example made of some ppl who are constantly breaking laws in the NFL I don't think that Vick should be it and not so harshly. In fact I think that Willis McGahee is a MUCH WORSE human being than Vick is. Having kids and abandoning them routinely IMO is mush worse than Vick's crimes. I really wonder what everyone expects, society is so violent these days, is it really crazy that some ppl might enjoy dog fighting. How about cleaning up the streets and getting rid of the real criminals that are gunning down HUMANS on a daily basis! Also how about ridding the communities of gangs and guns and drugs.... so that people like Vick and others in the league don't have to grow up in situations that make them immune to such things. It seems the priority is nailing the guys who are actually making something of themselves and getting out of those dangerous communities instead of those who are creating it.

Im sorry, but people's perspective on this issue is way out of wack compared to the BIG PICTURE... and making Vick into this notorious criminal is ridiculous.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by paulB
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen posted on this board, and that's saying a lot.

Peyton Manning would be cruicified ten times more than Mike Vick because he's ten times the quarterback and celebrity than Vick is. If you dont' believe that, you need to look in the mirror to find the racist tendencies you're accusing others of.

Also, you have obviously never hunted in your life. Hunters aim to kill quickly and painlessly. Hunting is an activity that evolved from humans getting food for survival. To compare that to electocuting a dog, or slamming a dog onto pavement repeatedly, is the height of stupidity and ignorance.
    Im not racist at all, i have no problem with any race. Every race has good and bad people. And like I said in the beginning I DO NOT AGREE with what he did, it is cruel and completely unacceptable. But to put the man in jail with murderers and rapists is insane.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,695 Times in 8,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Im not racist at all, i have no problem with any race. Every race has good and bad people. And like I said in the beginning I DO NOT AGREE with what he did, it is cruel and completely unacceptable. But to put the man in jail with murderers and rapists is insane.
    Why is it insane? He will have a shorter sentence. Not all crimes are the same, but to defend him by saying there are worse people out there is a pretty weak argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak
    Alert me when people train deer, bears, squirrels, etc to kill each other so people can bet on them. Until then your hunting analogy will not be even close to valid.
    Who cares how they are being killed, they are still dying at the end. I dont eat Bear meat so in my eyes a bear has the same right to live as a dog. I also don't care what the government allows and doesnt allow im talking about the morality of it. And killing animals for sport in any form is cruel whether or not you can pick up a license to do it or not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who cares how they are being killed, they are still dying at the end. I dont eat Bear meat so in my eyes a bear has the same right to live as a dog. I also don't care what the government allows and doesnt allow im talking about the morality of it. And killing animals for sport in any form is cruel whether or not you can pick up a license to do it or not.
    And yet you would one of the people complaining about your safety when the bear population is out of control and they end up in peoples back yards more often. Not to mention when your vehicle is totalled by hitting a deer because there is such a high deer population.