Thread: Wilbon opens his mouth

Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wilbon opens his mouth

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...ad-as-late-as/

He does make a point, I'm sure some Defensive Ends will go all out trying to get to him.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wilbon opens his mouth

Stupid of him to advocate playing outside the rules.

Hit him hard, and hit him often, but hit him within the framework of the rules. Supporting cheap shots is bush league, I don't care who the opponent is.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pretty much my thoughts exactly...

This guy has no class whatsoever, and his credability as a journalist has been severely tarnished.

Moron

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's wrong to advocate taking cheap shots, but this IS the NFL. Think about it for a second...imagined being embarrassed on live TV--like Washington was at 38-0 late in the 4th--only to see the Patriots break the half-century mark. Why do that? Seriously, if for nothing else then why risk meaningless injury to your starters?

These are professionals and they don't appreciate being shown up...imagine if they tried this **** back in the day? Christ, Dick Butkus would've ripped Brady's arms off.
    I have no problem with players adopting Al Davis's mantra ("the quarterback must go down, and go down hard") if they are embarrassed
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think he meant it. I like Wilbon he is a good guy, we all say stupid things. (some more than others. ) I think Wilbon has a little bit of Patriot hate inside him, just as every human being with a soul does!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wilbon speaks from a fans perspective, and he was just reacting to a question. It is no big deal.

I'll ask this again, since nobody has ever been able to come up with an answer.

When was the last time you remember a team take out the opposing team's QB because they were getting blown out? I can't think of any game where this has actually happened.

I realize it gives people a sense of fighting the helplessness to think that there will be some karmatic response to what they think is a pigskin injustice, but reality says otherwise. In today's NFL, each player is a professional, an individual corporation doing a job. They don't react that way. It just doesn't happen.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

People couldn't stop calling Belichick a cheater after the spygate incident.

Now he's going to bury a team every chance he gets. If they don't like it, show up and play football.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit