Thread: The problem with this team

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The problem with this team

Sorry, many of you know I dont usually vent but I need to.

This team is buried in mediocrity and the cause goes straight to the top.

NE has an offseason and trades for Randy Moss, picks up Adalius Thomas, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth. This for a team that is already a perennial playoff squad.

Buffalo on the other hand hasnt made the playoffs in forever and LETS GO of Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Willis McGahee, Nate Clements and trys to replace them with rookies.

So,

NE goes and has a real shot to win the superbowl and have an undefeated season. Buffalo goes and posts 31st in offense and 31st in defense.

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPRISED?

Like many of you, I looked at our moves individually and argued they were all good... Spikes achilles wont get better, Fletcher is a run liability, Clements would be overpaid, McGahee is a clown. All that may be true. However, this team is not better. The goal is to become a playoff team, we arent. The biggest kicker of all is that we sat there with over 10 mill in cap space and didnt make a real effort to sign help.

To make it worse, we have reports that Wilson may have forced JP to get benched so as to not have to pay his bonus for playing 85% of the games. If true, its team sabbotage to save money, and a big slap in the face to all fans. JP is NOT the better option... its not that. Its that the owner would force personnel moves mid season to save money.

I am convinced that Ralph has no intention of making this team a playoff team. Im also convinced that only new ownership will allow the necessary moves to be made to get drastically better.

This offseason we probably will have 20+ mill in cap space and yet again will underwhelm the fans with ho hum signings, and no trades. We then will have another good draft and start rookies.

The ONLY version that gives us any hope is that the team will overachieve, Trent Edwards, a rookie, will light the league on fire and pave our way to the playoffs. Well sorry but I think I will wait to buy my SB ticket thanks. This thing is all about the law of probability and we have been playing poor odds for a long long time... AND LOSING... DUH!

Wake up or sell the damn team, Ralph! That said, I will never stop watching them. I dont care if they are 0 and 16 forever.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The problem with this team

I used to argue with these kind of threads, but sadly, they appear to me to be increasingly accurate.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

sad but true.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm getting sick of hearing about NE in all these threads. Last time I checked this was the BillsZone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

'm not a ralph supporter, but having jp get his roster bonus for mediocre play seems more unfair to me as a working man who needs performance to justify his pay.

secondly, of those high priced stars on d we let go, our team is pretty much at the same spot it was last year. so is it being cheap or smart? there weren't alot of free agents last year that made a difference on dfense, and i really don't think moss would have worked anywhere else. he's too much of a mental basket. we didn't need welker since we have roscoe.

give this upcoming draft a chance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well when you win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, you're gonna have a buttload of money to toss around to the best players.

Besides, the people we let go hardly did anything for us anyway, they're doing less on their new teams.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem with this team is also in the personnel department, led by Levy.
    They make poor and mediocre decisions when it comes to signing free agent talent.

As much as I despise Wilson, can't really say the Bills are cheap this year. In fact, they have the 4th largest payroll in football this year.
    http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sportsx/

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE