Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Wright

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dwayne Wright

Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dwayne Wright

not a bad idea.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought we didn't use fullbacks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    It's probably why we can't punch it in or gain 2 inches in 4th downs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We didn't, not in fairchild's offense. Now is a different story. It would be wise to bring the FB position back.

Wys Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr
    Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.
    Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

IMO we need one, but the geniuses don't think so.

Who am I, are we, to challenge the authors of the worst offense in the league.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wys Guy
    Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well Marv and Dick went to Ivys. And you? Buffalo State Memorial City College?

Wys Guy

What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.
    I think that you give Jauron far too much credit for thinking and what he's actually thought about.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If not mistaken that FB was Damion Shelton.

In terms of Wright he does have the skill set needed for a FB but he'd have to learn how to lead block and pass block. It's not a bad idea and would definitely justify selecting him as right now he's looking like a bust.

Wys Guy

Yes, for history and what, sociology or something like that.

Yeah, that's sure relevant Miyagi!

Good one.

No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Let me guess, you have a liberal arts degree too, ... right?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is a pure example of Fairchild's misuse of personnel and not gettin the ball the the hands of the correct player, for him not gettin playin time was a joke, and u cant base his production or his talent level on this season, he can catch out of the backfeild and should have been used in shortyardage situations, horrible job again by Stevie boy, i think we will have a very talented group of running backs next season, get rid of the old man, and Wright, Jackson and Lynch will smash teams all day

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i love the educational references and so on. we should start a thread so we can all measure with DICK on educational prowess.

i went to mcmaster and brock universities in canada half of our case studys while i was working on my finance degree said harvard at the top.

so all this ivy league crap dont mean crap

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

!
    were you absent in your probability class in engineering? They
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-04-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good one.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Too bad not everyone can have an associate of arts in the history of contemporary dance from the University of Phoenix like I have.
    [

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71
    Too bad not everyone can have an associate of arts in the history of contemporary dance from the University of Phoenix like I have.
    Is that why you drink heavily?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Is that why you drink heavily?

With a degree like that, I can afford to fall back and enjoy the finer things in life.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71
    With a degree like that, I can afford to fall back and enjoy the finer things in life.
    would lap dancing be considered contemporary ?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good one.

I'm not the one who thinks he knows it all, and questions the guys who's been in the field for many many years AND with superior education and credentials.

But YOU are.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, I don't recall this at all. Maybe you could provide a link. I watch most of the interviews, and listen on the radio to post game interviews. I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I do not recall this.

Not to mention, after this past season, that genius might have changed his mind.

I personally feel the H-back was a huge disapointment. It might have been alright if we had the talented TE/H-backs to play. But we don't. Besides, our H-backs are kind of just receiving FBs that aren't very good at lead blocking. They are no threat to run at all. They are better at blocking on a line when they are needed for lead blocking. Lead blocking requires a differnent skill set than blocking as a TE would. It makes no sense.

Why not draft a recieving FB. One that can run it a few times a game. One that can lead block. Or, if Wright can lead block, he could do fine.

H-back was a sorry attempt at being imaginative and making due with our poor TE lineup, while not wanting to spend a pick on a FB because we had so many holes.

To add to this, I think Wright is not going to be a good half back in this league. I can't be certain, because he hasn't got many touches. But, I haven't seen anything from him yet that suggest he can excell at anything as a ball carrier. He has a solid frame. He would be a project, but FB is surely in the realm of possibilities by my estimates.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad