Thread: Mike Brown wants Palmer

You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day PA Season Ticket Holder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Brown wants Palmer

Provided they reach a contract agreement in principle, which should be achieved well in advance of the NFL draft his weekend, the Cincinnati Bengals have settled on Southern California quarterback Carson Palmer as the first overall selection, ESPN.com has learned.

The choice of Palmer, who won the Heisman Trophy after a strong senior season, is hardly surprising. He has been rumored for weeks to be the front-runner as the No. 1 pick, but wasn't necessarily the unanimous choice of Cincinnati's coaching staff.

Recently, the Bengals continued to create the perception the decision had not been resolved, and maintained a dialogue with the agents for Marshall quarterback Byron Leftwich and Kansas State cornerback Terence Newman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1542102

I don't think they should've taken a QB in the 1st round. Maybe their luck will change after the last 3 tries.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think that Byron Leftwich would have been a better pick for them but with that leg injury and the past they have with injury prone players I can't say I blame them.

4th times the charm ??
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Expert on Experts SoCalBillsFan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    palmer a bengal

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    HAAAAAAaaaaaaa Oh man this is funny... they just blew another 1st pick... hhhahhahahah. Oh man they are hilarious.

Of the two I'd have guessed that Palmer had a potential chance of 40% to succeed at the NFL level. And Leftwich at a 60-70% potential success in the NFL. Leftwich is the surest thing of the QBs in this draft, and the Bengals passed on him for a guy who succeeded for a whole 8 games (out of 35+) at the college level.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

ArcticWildMan
    I agree with Intar. Leftwich is the best QB in the draft.

Mike Brown STILL sucks

You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day PA Season Ticket Holder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The Bungles will continue to be the Bungles.

They could've waited till the 2nd round and got a QB. And if they really wanted a QB, they could've traded with either Detroit or Houston. One of them would've traded up to secure Rogers.

The Bengals should've taken either Newman, Suggs, Rogers, or at least traded down and got their QB.

What a bunch of morons. They keep drafting these Top 5 QB's and will continue to keep on stinking the place up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree with the attitudes later expressed. The Bengals could have selected a quality defender initially and then taken a decent QB in the second round. Poor planning at best.

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    this all could just be talk to lower the price on newman but knowing the bengals it probally isnt

MUCK
    FIAMI

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think so MM, ESPN is reporting that the Bengals are in negotiations with Palmer- The NFL allows the #1 overall pick to sign a contract before the draft- so a team can find out if the negotiations will be a PITA (and they can pass on him or trade the pick) or just to get him out ogf the way. It happened with Carr and Vick the previous few years.

Call it the "Tom Cousineau/Bo Jackson" Rule- The NFL doesn't want to see their top picks not sign and play

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    actually, the Bengals are just wrapping up the deal...

BengalsInsider
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    hey i didnt say that was happenin just giving you a scenario

Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I've long thought Leftwich was the best QB in the draft. Palmer only being good for 8 games really scares me. Granted, Leftwich lit up inferior competition, but he was consistently good. I would be very hesitant to draft a QB who was only good for one year.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face