Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready by TC?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hardy ready by TC?

According to DJ's press confrence today, it sounds like theres a good chance it will happen.

Here's CB's blog about it.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...training-camp/

This makes going after a wide out in free agnecy (toomer, washington) not as much of a need. Although everyone is aware of Hardy's struggles. We have Lee, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Jenkins, and Steve Johnson all under contract. Thats 6 wrs heading into TC. Although its possible for the bills to carry seven i highly doubt it. Especially since Steve Johnson had a nice catch or two at the end of the season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Hardy ready by TC?

I still would like a WR maybe in the 3rd...

Brian Robiskie or Louis Murphy, maybe?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If he comes back that quickly, I worry about his long term health. Ive torn knee ligaments, youre not the same until at least a year. You can manage on it, but wont be the same and he may be vulnerable to another injury.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you people serious? We need another, bonafide, legitimate, wide receiver. Hardy sucked last year. Maybe he'll pan out, but blowing out his ACL certainly didn't help the possibility of him not sucking get any better.

We need to stop coddling the ass clowns on this roster. There needs to be major upgrades at the receiver position.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

james hardy did nothing to warrant him any playing time next season. He made one nice catch for a TD against jacksonville and thats it.

with or without him we still need to add a recieving threat
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

why is everyone so quick to discount Hardy? sure he didnt do what we were hoping, but neither did the Bills in general. Its not like he was dropping balls. We just didnt get it to him. Hell what did Evans really do?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    Are you people serious? We need another, bonafide, legitimate, wide receiver. Hardy sucked last year. Maybe he'll pan out, but blowing out his ACL certainly didn't help the possibility of him not sucking get any better.

We need to stop coddling the ass clowns on this roster. There needs to be major upgrades at the receiver position.

Jon
    Everyone on this board would love to have a stud wr lined up opposite Evans. But thats not going to happen this year. The BEST case scenario is Toomer. Unless we do well in FA and Maclins on the board at 11. I'm just saying with Hardy healthy we have 6 WR's. Not to mention we have alot of money tied up in Parrish, Evans, and Reed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by slimschmittie
    Everyone on this board would love to have a stud wr lined up opposite Evans. But thats not going to happen this year. The BEST case scenario is Toomer. Unless we do well in FA and Maclins on the board at 11. I'm just saying with Hardy healthy we have 6 WR's. Not to mention we have alot of money tied up in Parrish, Evans, and Reed.
    It's not going to happen becuase the Bills are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Houshmandzadeh, Charles Johnson, and even gun-toting Plaxico Burress would be major upgrades to this offense. Will the Bills go after someone like that? Nooooooooooooooo. Makes too much sense, costs too much money, and the Bills have the reputation of being bottom feeders and a second rate franchise.

As for Hardy, he didn't get passes thrown his way because he couldn't run an f'n pattern other than a fade route, and when the ball was thrown his way, he couldn't use his mammoth frame to box out 5-9 defensive backs. The guy sucked. Maybe he'll pan out eventually, but a real football team wouldn't wait around to find out. They'd go out and find someone who can play, and see if this guy can develop along the way. Won't happen though. Makes too much sense and actually means the team has out outbid and outhustle other franchises for a difference-making playmaker.

Get yer heads out of the sand.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    It's not going to happen becuase the Bills are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Houshmandzadeh, Charles Johnson, and even gun-toting Plaxico Burress would be major upgrades to this offense. Will the Bills go after someone like that? Nooooooooooooooo. Makes too much sense, costs too much money, and the Bills have the reputation of being bottom feeders and a second rate franchise.

As for Hardy, he didn't get passes thrown his way because he couldn't run an f'n pattern other than a fade route, and when the ball was thrown his way, he couldn't use his mammoth frame to box out 5-9 defensive backs. The guy sucked. Maybe he'll pan out eventually, but a real football team wouldn't wait around to find out. They'd go out and find someone who can play, and see if this guy can develop along the way. Won't happen though. Makes too much sense and actually means the team has out outbid and outhustle other franchises for a difference-making playmaker.

Get yer heads out of the sand.

Jon
    I'm not agianst you Jon. I'm right with you in agreeing that Hardy sucked last year. And I dont beleive Steve Johnson will be the answer either. We just have more pressing needs. Reed is servicable. A pass catching tight end is a bigger need than a #2 Wr at this point. We need a DE, OLB or MLB, TE, C, more than we need a 7th WR on this team. Although, i agree, withing the next few years (if Hardy doesn't pan out, which isn't looking to good at the moment), we need to adress the position.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think going after Mile Austin/Reggie Williams/Michael Jenkins or a SOLID #3 would be more beneficial. Then add a receiving tight end and we would be alot more potent.

Unless we are going to trade Lee for a #1 like Fitgerald or the such, we have to live with him as the go to. Add in Reed as security and clutch, that leaves a spot for a RELIABLE go to third. Parrish is to small and inconsistent and Hardy was a rookie and Johson may make the push.

I just hope Hardy doesnt turn into the Dolphins Yatil Green. High hopes until a torn knee; then nothing.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I suspect that when a dedicated athlete rehabs a knee reconstruction, it's different from the way an average Joe does it. I think they have the time and the motivation to do a lot more of the exercises that strengthen the joint. That plus the advances made in knee reconstruction surgery make that timetable believeable to me. However, a healthy James Hardy is still something of an enigma. He was a disappointment last season. Lots of receivers take some time to get acclimated to the NFL and don't do much their first season, but there are no guarantees that even as a healthy player he's going to get a lot better. Buffalo has more obvious needs that they have to address. They'll need to focus on those first, but if they can do that AND hedge their bet on Hardy, that would be a good thing.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by slimschmittie
    According to DJ's press confrence today, it sounds like theres a good chance it will happen.

Here's CB's blog about it.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...training-camp/

This makes going after a wide out in free agnecy (toomer, washington) not as much of a need. Although everyone is aware of Hardy's struggles. We have Lee, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Jenkins, and Steve Johnson all under contract. Thats 6 wrs heading into TC. Although its possible for the bills to carry seven i highly doubt it. Especially since Steve Johnson had a nice catch or two at the end of the season.
    In terms of quantity, that's plenty of WR's.

In terms of quality, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I could see Johnson moving up to #2 on the depth chart because Parrish sucks as WR and Reed is best suited for the #3 position.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1) Yes... Hardy had a less than stellar rookie season. But I have no doubt he will grow into a very capable #2.

2) The only reason anyone's surprised by his availability at TC... They believed the haters who tried to make his injury sound career threatening. It's always been 6 to 9 months to 100%.

3) Yes... We need to address WR this offseason.
    :historian: a) Either bring in a vet #2 Holt, Harrison, Toomer, etc to allow Hardy and Johnson
    to mature. Or...
    :historian: b) Trade for Boldin, Edwards or some other stud. Or...
    :historian: c) Draft Jeremy Maclin at #11

Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by draz54
    1) Yes... Hardy had a less than stellar rookie season. But I have no doubt he will grow into a very capable #2.

2) The only reason anyone's surprised by his availability at TC... They believed the haters who tried to make his injury sound career threatening. It's always been 6 to 9 months to 100%.

3) Yes... We need to address WR this offseason.
    :historian: a) Either bring in a vet #2 Holt, Harrison, Toomer, etc to allow Hardy and Johnson
    to mature. Or...
    :historian: b) Trade for Boldin, Edwards or some other stud. Or...
    :historian: c) Draft Jeremy Maclin at #11
    3a,b,and c are not going to happen.

If Buffalo wants to improve there offense, they must first improve the C position, then the TE position. We have enough receivers under contract that we aren't bringing in a stud muffin.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    If he comes back that quickly, I worry about his long term health. Ive torn knee ligaments, youre not the same until at least a year. You can manage on it, but wont be the same and he may be vulnerable to another injury.
    If he comes back that fast I worry about steroid suspensions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    3a,b,and c are not going to happen.

If Buffalo wants to improve there offense, they must first improve the C position, then the TE position. We have enough receivers under contract that we aren't bringing in a stud muffin.
    I understand your priorities... Mine are actually DE, OLB, C.

But I'm hoping that some of these are addressed through free agency or trade. Making it possible to draft BPA rounds 1 and 2... DE, DT, OT, WR, TE whatever. Furthermore, I don't see it being practical to pick a C at #11... Way too much of a reach IMO. If we're forced to draft need at #11 it will be Curry, Raji or 1 of the other DE's or OLB's ranked top 15 or so.

We'll just have to wait it out to see who we acquire between February 27th and the draft.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Akhippo
    I think going after Mile Austin/Reggie Williams/Michael Jenkins or a SOLID #3 would be more beneficial. Then add a receiving tight end and we would be alot more potent.

Unless we are going to trade Lee for a #1 like Fitgerald or the such, we have to live with him as the go to. Add in Reed as security and clutch, that leaves a spot for a RELIABLE go to third. Parrish is to small and inconsistent and Hardy was a rookie and Johson may make the push.

I just hope Hardy doesnt turn into the Dolphins Yatil Green. High hopes until a torn knee; then nothing.
    no. Thats all we have is solid #3's, aside from Lee. Reggie Williams is just a slower James Hardy who actually knows how to use his size, and not much else. Jenkins would be good but he signed an extension with Atl at the seasons's end, if i'm not mistaken. And Miles Austin? He only looked good because he had TO, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, Marion, Felix Jones, etc on the field with him.

If we are going to get a WR at all, we need to get a LEGIT #2, and make Reed our #3.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yup, Hardy will have his gun ready by training camp.

Maybe he and Lynch can go to a shooting range.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why do I get the feeling that this is their way of telling us they aren't thinking about signing a vet #2 in FA?

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by madness
    Why do I get the feeling that this is their way of telling us they aren't thinking about signing a vet #2 in FA?