Thread: Bills work out LS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills work out LS

Bills | Solwold Works Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 14 May 2003 13:13:36 -0700

Paul Sheehy, of Pro Star, has confirmed to KFFL that the Buffalo Bills worked out free agent LS Mike Solwold (Buccaneers) on Tuesday, May 13.

I thought TD told Dorenbos he would be the only snapper in camp? Could this be because Dorenbos is a little small only 6'- 245 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills work out LS

Originally posted by Romes
    Bills | Solwold Works Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 14 May 2003 13:13:36 -0700

Paul Sheehy, of Pro Star, has confirmed to KFFL that the Buffalo Bills worked out free agent LS Mike Solwold (Buccaneers) on Tuesday, May 13.

I thought TD told Dorenbos he would be the only snapper in camp? Could this be because Dorenbos is a little small only 6'- 245 lbs.
    They said on Empire that Solwood was pretty accurate. Dorenbos snap speed was based on College football snaps w/c is 13 feet away. NFL is 15.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no... he was snapping at 15ft when we measured his time, and it was mighty fast...
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Ingtar33

no... he was snapping at 15ft when we measured his time, and it was mighty fast...
    I'm just stating what I just heard.

Hey Ingtar if you do get the job as a coach, you could hire me as a body guard......for the cheerleaders? I promise I'll guard their bodies very closely. Good luck BTW.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Ingtar,

Is Dorenbos a good size for a LS? I hear the knock on him is that he is small. How well does he block?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    errr... size?

I don't think anyone really talks about size when it comes to LS... heck, I've known teams to use their FBs or TEs as LS... they really aren't supposed to block for any real period of time, just get in the way for a second, and maybe make a tackle on punts.

If the Bills are bringing in a LS to work out it might be because he was having a little bit of a problem with accuracy... some rookie LS have problems with accuracy due to the increased range, and maybe he was less than fantastic in the mini-camp...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    This really isn't about Dorenbos ability to snap but I thought it was cool. The guy is actually a professional magician and made up to $1,000 per hour in Las Vegas and California he has been a pro magician since he was 16. Like I said I just thought that was cool information. Go Bills!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Dorenbos has done Las Vegas gigs. He's not just a guy who makes a little extra money doing kids' birthday parties. The other guy Buffalo tried out is a TE when not long snapping. He's 6'6" but no heavier than Dorenbos.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.