Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did everyone forget the Bills hired Buddy Nix?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did everyone forget the Bills hired Buddy Nix?

I have seen alot of negativity surrounding the Bills on here recently but lets not forget Ralph hired One of the TOP personal guys in regards to talent assessment in the NFL

BUT, BUT, BUT Ralph only hires marketing guys

It was an underrated off season move that got little exposure...hopefully it shows in this draft

Since 2004, the Chargers have selected 4 starting linemen and not one was a 1st round pick: McNeil (2nd), Nick Hardwick (3rd), Shane Olivea (7th), and Jeromey Clary (6th). Considering how good the Chargers' offense has been, that is extremely impressive. When you add, Gates, Shaun Phillips (4th), Michael Turner (5th), and Sproles (4th), that is a very impressive scouting staff Nix was a part of.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Did everyone forget the Bills hired Buddy Nix?

Great point, but the realists will not be dissuaded by your argument.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It may matter in 2 or 3 years. It doesn't matter now.

Buddy Nix can't make the guys we have more talented and he can't find 5 starters in one draft.

Getting excited about the Bills hiring Buddy Nix is just a cop out for the homers who don't want to face the reality of how bad the situation is for this team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thank god someone is on my ignore list...lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    It may matter in 2 or 3 years. It doesn't matter now.

Buddy Nix can't make the guys we have more talented and he can't find 5 starters in one draft.

Getting excited about the Bills hiring Buddy Nix is just a cop out for the homers who don't want to face the reality of how bad the situation is for this team.
    Angry, just because some of us don't share all of your negative views doesn't mean we aren't "facing reality".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Op always seems to believe that there is something the front office could do to win "right now", and they are too stupid to find it. When the reality is that it just might not be possible in their current state.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh, man. That is hilarious.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you guys notice I hardly argue with OP anymore because like him, I'm tired. I gave this staff a benefit of a doubt. I do that with every new player and every new coach. It's was time for this staff however to prove it last year and they didn't. 3 years is average for any staff and they couldn't even do it on an average scale. Then the fins come in and make playoffs in 1 year.

All we're doing right now is scraping for anything positive to try and cloak whats proven . I too am hoping something changes but thats just it, it's nothing but hope.

Every new season brings something new. Just like every day is a possible new begining. BUt if you don't do anything different from what you did the day/week/month before, things are not likely to change.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-23-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mayotm
    Angry, just because some of us don't share all of your negative views doesn't mean we aren't "facing reality".
    It's not my negative views.

The truth is this team needs a minimum of 4 and most likely 5 starters to be competitive. The truth is that it's difficult, if not impossible, to get that out of one draft. Yet, people still have high hopes for this team, which defies all logic and yes, it does mean they are not facing reality.

I'm angry because this team constantly loses. I'm angry because people defend this team for losing and make excuses for the players, coaches, FO personnel and owner who are responsible for those losses. I'm angry because this team cut 3 starters off the OL, didn't sign replacements for two of them, and failed to address two or three major holes that were carried over from last season, and it makes me even more angry when I have to see people come on here defending it because we hired some front office personnel guy.

This is the way this team has operated unsuccessfully for years:
    "We don't need talent on the OL- we'll just hire McNally."
    "We don't need top-flight CB's- we'll just run a Cover 2 as the base D"
    "We don't need to replace that player- we'll just use his back-up as the starter"
    And now, it's
    "We don't need to replace/upgrade the players who sucked last year- we'll just let Buddy Nix find starters in the draft."

It's business as usual at OBD and, yes, that makes me angry. It should make every fan angry because business as usual is topping out at 7-9. But go ahead and make excuses. Go ahead and defend the FO. September will come, we'll be losing again, and a year from now the same people will be on this board making excuses for the FO and grasping at straws for hope for the upcoming season.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

et tu, justa?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    et tu, justa?
    I'm still hoping but not expecting anything great.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch
    Op always seems to believe that there is something the front office could do to win "right now", and they are too stupid to find it. When the reality is that it just might not be possible in their current state.
    Did it ever occur to you that the reason it's not possible to win right now is because of years and years of bad decisions by this FO? We've been rebuilding for years and we're still rebuilding. WTF?

And one more time- a lack of available options does NOT make the product on the field any better. We could argue all day about what options the FO had or didn't have, but we all saw what happened last year. Without upgrades at LG, LT, OLB, DE and better QB play, it's going to be the same **** all over again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    I'm still hoping but not expecting anything great.
    Well we're all still hoping.

But there's a difference between hope and expectations. I hope the Bills go 16-0 in the regular season, breeze through the playoffs and win the SB. But as a logical person, I can't expect that to happen. When I see a team that's remarkably similar to last year and in fact has even more holes, the only reasonable expectation is results that are similar to, or perhaps worse than, last year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well we're all still hoping.

But there's a difference between hope and expectations. I hope the Bills go 16-0 in the regular season, breeze through the playoffs and win the SB. But as a logical person, I can't expect that to happen. When I see a team that's remarkably similar to last year and in fact has even more holes, the only reasonable expectation is results that are similar to, or perhaps worse than, last year.

I'm still gonna try and enjoy football anyway I can. I'm keeping my expectations low this time after having seen what this coaching staff is capable or not capable of doing.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-23-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes he can

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Yes he can
    can Buddy Nix teach the coaches to stop playing not to lose?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan

I'm still gonna try and enjoy football anyway I can. I'm keeping my expectations low this time after having seen what this coaching staff is capable or not capable of doing.
    Trying to get some enjoyment from it is key. Low expectations are fine. Most of us "homers" have low expectations. But we also still have some hope. The day I don't have any hope, I'll pull a HH and stop being a fan. However, that won't ever happen. Logical or not, I head into each season with hope.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mayotm
    I'll pull a HH and stop being a fan. .
    thats what he says now. I'm sure HH will change his mind. He already did the minute he said he's no longer a fan.

kernowboy

The mindset of some 'fans' amazes me. Why not just skip the entire draft if we are going to do so badly?

There have been numerous examples of teams turning it around with one draft and we're not 2-14, we are 7-9.

Because we get rid of a greedy cancer who was a fan favourite with a minority, it is all doom and gloom.

Who's to say Schobel won't come back and have 14 sacks, a new WLB will be head and shoulders above what Ellison offers, that Fine has a breakout season, that we pick up a team cut who excels at LG, that we provide some help for Schobel, and that we pick a LT who performs from Day 1 like Marcus McNeill or Matt Light?

There is no reason to believe that 3 starters on Day1 of the draft cannot turn this team into a 10-6 or 11-5 side.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kernowboy

Who's to say Schobel won't come back and have 14 sacks, a new WLB will be head and shoulders above what Ellison offers, that Fine has a breakout season, that we pick up a team cut who excels at LG, that we provide some help for Schobel, and that we pick a LT who performs from Day 1 like Marcus McNeill or Matt Light?

No ones saing that can't happen but again, we're just hoping that happens.