Thread: Tim Graham usually is a sure bet but..

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tim Graham usually is a sure bet but..

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Those weren't acrobatic interceptions by the Bills (2-4), who picked off six passes total. Sanchez hung passes up for grabs or sent them right into their receptacles.
    I wrote:
    Tim,

Gotta question your opinion on giving no credit to the Bills defense on the INTs they had. Wendling doesn't count, Corner's was off a tipped 4th down play, and Sanchez didn't see Poz who was in perfect position. But to not give credit to Wilson, especially Byrd, and even Poz for making great great catches on defense is really a mistake. They did their jobs and then went the extra bit which led to the picks by Byrd and Wilson.

Especially Byrd- if those aren't acrobatic picks displaying top notch ball skills and ability in your opinion, you need to go play some 500-toss up on your nicely manicured office lawn.

Come on now, we might suck, but you really got to give credit where it's due today. The secondary, with no help from a garbage LB core, and a loss of a few starters again, won the game for us.

PS: And man does McGee never give up. I think that's 4 times McGee has closed a gap on a burner from far far away and made the play. The guy has no quit and sometimes I feel bad he's always dinged up and he's sometimes the only guy who'll make the play.

PSS: Greer made some BIG plays vs NYG today. Florence is fine but still think it was a mistake not to pay Greer and retain him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tim Graham usually is a sure bet but..

I was impressed with Byrd today. And yes McGee does not give up and he trys hard to make plays. I just knew he would run him down. Some guys whether or not they are the most talented do show up and try to make plays. I thank them for that. As we all know there are some players out there just going through the motions.

Which brings me to another thought I had. Perhaps some of our injuries can be attributed to players playing at half speed. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Come on now, we might suck, but you really got to give credit where it's due today. The secondary, with no help from a garbage LB core, and a loss of a few starters again, won the game for us.
    He got this part right.

Poz is back and played like a man on fire. Ellison is a 3rd stringer starting and Mitchell has been average to bad.

LB is a top need IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 17,517 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree, we should've kept Greer. Byrd looks like a player...both of his picks were great plays on the ball.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I didnt see any acrobatic INT's but I saw players who were in the right spot to make a play on the ball when needed. A few of them looked like they were thrown right to us.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,127 Times in 4,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Byrd's INT's and Wilson's were great plays by them. Poz's was right to him, but he was baiting Sanchez a bit too. Corners was luck, and the INT on the fake FG was luck too.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have to be joking me on the Byrd and Wilson picks. I agree with F_L.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if u dont think bryds first pick was acrobatic then your straight crazy. Come on people show some love when its deserved. I can guarantee you no safety on this roster over the past 10 years has or can make that play. Hell bryd has as many picks as whitner for his career in only two games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf

PS: And man does McGee never give up. I think that's 4 times McGee has closed a gap on a burner from far far away and made the play. The guy has no quit and sometimes I feel bad he's always dinged up and he's sometimes the only guy who'll make the play.
    This is why I bought his jersey. I saw major talent in him as a rookie, and he's still going strong. I love him!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wink Re: Tim Graham usually is a sure bet but..

I don't care what anyone says but you don't get 2 INTS in a professional football game by being lucky...Byrd is the truth!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website