Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    This might be the single dumbest thing I've read outside of the BZ.

Teams flip flop 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on a nightly basis.

The night the Sabres took first, they were actually tied with Washington but held the tie-breaker due to playing less games.

So right there, the minute Washington gets a point, they are back in first. The Devils were also in first at one point this season too.
    Also the Caps went on a six game tear and won everything while the Sabres went against the (at the time) #2, #3, #4 teams in the West and played them all tough (and won one). The Sabres can't prevent another team from winning unless they actually play them.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So what you guys are basically saying is "it's ok that we gave up a point to the devils because they're good and it's ok that we had a bad road trip and dropped to third because we had to play good teams."

Having a good overall record but struggling against the better teams is simply not good enough. I can't even believe I have to argue this point. If that's not accepting mediocrity, what is?

Yes, the sabres have surprised me so far this year, and they may actually have a chance to do something. But I'm watching that chance slip away. You guys can make all the excuses you want about good opponents and road trips, but a team that can't handle travel or good opponents is doomed to a short playoff run.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    So what you guys are basically saying is "it's ok that we gave up a point to the devils because they're good and it's ok that we had a bad road trip and dropped to third because we had to play good teams."

Having a good overall record but struggling against the better teams is simply not good enough. I can't even believe I have to argue this point. If that's not accepting mediocrity, what is?

Yes, the sabres have surprised me so far this year, and they may actually have a chance to do something. But I'm watching that chance slip away. You guys can make all the excuses you want about good opponents and road trips, but a team that can't handle travel or good opponents is doomed to a short playoff run.
    How do you figure we GAVE them a point. They are just as good as we are. We Took the extra point FROM THEM.

Yeah we really struggled against New Jersey last night winning the game and all.

Do you realize what you sound like sometimes?

We have beat Jersey, Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks this season. No slouches there.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,692 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And what does this say about the Devils? After alll they gave up two points to the Sabres. And lost to Ottawa the night before.

They gave up two points to the Sabres. Good teams struggle against each other. The top of the East is very even in the NHL. That is the point. No team is running away with it.

Re-read your first post and try and tell us it sounds rational. The chance is not slipping away. They are still well in 3rd. I think all of us would have liked to see 8 or 9 points + on the road trip, but the SO struggles stopped that. (as well as a bad 8 minutes against Anaheim and Kerry Fraser).

There is a lot of parity in the NHL. So far the Sabres have done better than all but two Eastern teams. They are not perfect. Nobody thinks they are.

But it is not as horrific as your first post makes it sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    How do you figure we GAVE them a point. They are just as good as we are. We Took the extra point FROM THEM.

Yeah we really struggled against New Jersey last night winning the game and all.

Do you realize what you sound like sometimes?

We have beat Jersey, Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks this season. No slouches there.
    we gave them a point with one of the worst pp's I've ever seen and a lackluster 3rd period. You say they took it- I say we shouldn't let then take it.

And you have a selective memory for victories. For example, we are 1-2 against the caps. Just because we beat them once doesn't mean we don't struggle against them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

we gave them a point with one of the worst pp's I've ever seen and a lackluster 3rd period. You say they took it- I say we shouldn't let then take it.

And you have a selective memory for victories. For example, we are 1-2 against the caps. Just because we beat them once doesn't mean we don't struggle against them.

you know...if Mods could receive points for breaking the ToS it would be worth it just to tell you that you are just an *******.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you have the other top teams records against playoff teams?

Saying they struggle against these teams is not exactly accurate. They are examples of good teams playing each other.

And, yes as we have said countless times it was a bad PP. NJ also had a PP that they did nothing on too. Each team had one PP in the game. Neither scored on it. That is even.

And the 3rd was not lackluster. But you made up your mind and are not listening to other viewpoints.

I think it is odd that somebody like Bucky Gleason, hardly a homer, can be impressed with the win and you think it was the worse thing to happen in the history of the Sabres franchise (intentional hyperbole - calm down)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i think the point of the post is that after a season of unwatchable bills football, combined with an often-seen promising start by the sabres, if we end up getting booted in the first round because we left points on the ice for others to capitalize on and not take advantage of a long season, i'm going to be nearly suicidal.

The Sabres could totally make up for the bills patheticness. They could make me remember what it's like to have a team that is on a beautiful run.

The sabres have looked good, but lets be honest, they aren't scoring in bunches. Vanek is invisible....yes they are winning, but they aren't showing signs that they are an elite team. Sure, they say they could win every game and its just mistakes, but a dominant elite team would get those points.

In some ways, i'm praying that the sabres are just waiting to peak at the right time, unlike a couple years ago where they came out super hot and slowly faded.

If miller has an awesome olympics, the stage is set for the team to have a red hot goalie. They just need to win with Lalime so that he isn't over worked and over exhausted by June!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Having a good overall record but struggling against the better teams is simply not good enough.
    Name for me a team that does not "struggle against the better teams".
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter

And the 3rd was not lackluster. But you made up your mind and are not listening to other viewpoints.
    )
    I'm not listening to other viewpoints because i know what I saw. I saw a team losing battles along the boards, turning the puck over, being unable to solve njs trap and generally lacking urgency as time wound down.

Nothing you or anyone else says is going to change what I saw.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not listening to other viewpoints because i know what I saw. I saw a team losing battles along the boards, turning the puck over, being unable to solve njs trap and generally lacking urgency as time wound down.

Nothing you or anyone else says is going to change what I saw.
    Except they outshot New Jersey and neither team did anything that period. Both teams were weak and tired.

I really don't think you saw the entire period or you only picked out the bad parts for the Sabres.

And the Sabres were better in overtime, that much was clear.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Being better in OT is too late- nj already had their point. I missed the first few min but I saw the majority. With 3 min left in the game, the Sabres only had 5 shots. Fiv shots in roughly 17 minutes. How is that not lackluster?

And the number of shots nj had is irrelevant. It doesn't give the sabres an excuse to be mediocre.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Except they outshot New Jersey and neither team did anything that period.
    The 3rd period could have been the worst period of hockey by two NHL teams ever. It took about 30 minutes to play. I didn't move once. My BP never got over 90/50. My wife thought I was in a coma.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Being better in OT is too late- nj already had their point. I missed the first few min but I saw the majority. With 3 min left in the game, the Sabres only had 5 shots. Fiv shots in roughly 17 minutes. How is that not lackluster?

And the number of shots nj had is irrelevant. It doesn't give the sabres an excuse to be mediocre.
    Not it is not irrelevant.

It is quite relevant when it comes to the pace of the game and how it was played. Both teams were in lockdown mode and were playing tired, slow, boring hockey.

Besides, since NJ was just as bad are you thinking they are done as well?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    The 3rd period could have been the worst period of hockey by two NHL teams ever. It took about 30 minutes to play. I didn't move once. My BP never got over 90/50. My wife thought I was in a coma.
    I was so bored I even talked to Clump!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is quite relevant when it comes to the pace of the game and how it was played. Both teams were in lockdown mode and were playing tired, slow, boring hockey.
    Slow?? Boring?? Dinosaur remains were turning to coal and oil faster.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was so bored I even talked to Clump!

did you guys eat well?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I had a chili cheese dog and a bottle of water. My cold ruined my taste buds.

I think he had Italian Sausage.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think he had Italian Sausage.

I could have predicted that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Besides, since NJ was just as bad are you thinking they are done as well?
    I don't watch NJ enough to know.

But I watch a lot of Sabres (thanks to bootleg internet feeds, usually). And I see a team that doesn't play full games. I see a team that can't run a quality PP. I see a team that lacks a true scorer. I see a team that relies far too much on the goalie. I see a team that responded to a poor road trip by giving up a point and missing a chance to be tied (points-wise) for 2nd in the conf.

Does NJ have the same problems? Maybe- I don't watch them enough to know. I do know that NJ was good enough to retain their lead in the standings over the Sabres last night, even if they did lose the game.