View Poll Results: would you trade a 2nd for kevin kolb?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes?

20 22.73%
  • no?

57 64.77%
  • not sure/maybe?

11 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: would you trade a 2nd for kolb?

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Question would you trade a 2nd for kolb?

i know buddy says we will probably draft a qb, but if this guy could be had for a 3rd, or even a 2nd, would you pull the trigger? is kolb better than any qb we can draft in your opinion?

in 7 starts hes played well in 4 of them 1 avg, 2 bad... he reminds me of aaron rodgers with that strong arm and hyper quick release.

i think a 2nd and later pick would seal it. nobody will give up their 1st and our 2nd is basically a 1st so we could get this done...

what do you think?
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 01-31-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: would you trade a 2nd for kolb?

No, gets injured too much. RJ Jr.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I said no. I really don't understand why people are high on this guy. He's done nothing but disappoint thus far, and IMO, he's got Rob Johnson written all over him
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We already have a Kolb , his name is Fitzpatrick... Accept he doesn't get injured, and he already has the teams respect

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

hey, does anyone have our full offensive stats while fitz was starting for 13 games, and not the other 3 with trentative and brohm?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is NO WAY Philly trades Kolb for anything less than a 1st so this thread is pointless.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    There is NO WAY Philly trades Kolb for anything less than a 1st so this thread is pointless.
    nobody is giving up a 1st... he has 7 starts... 3 of them were sub par...

maybe, maybe two 2nds, but i doubt it...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
    nobody is giving up a 1st... he has 7 starts... 3 of them were sub par...

maybe, maybe two 2nds, but i doubt it...
    Well maybe nobody would give up a 1st, but Philly is not looking to move him either so it does not matter what or what not any team would be willing to give up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well maybe nobody would give up a 1st, but Philly is not looking to move him either so it does not matter what or what not any team would be willing to give up.
    phili does want to move him, hes a fa next year...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is possible the Eagles would swap positions with our 1st and we get Kolb in return which might be something to think about in my opinion.

I was not impressed with Kolb's last outing, but as someone pointed out here on the zone, the game was meaningless for the Eagles and Kolb was playing with 3rd string players.

Earlier in the season I watched Kevin Kolb literally pick apart a real good Falcon defense for 326 yards, 3 TD's (one of them fo 83 yards) and finished the game with a 133.6 QB rating.

Kolb has good command of the huddle, shows good leadership qualities and has been NFL tested.

Kevin Kolb should be on the Bills radar in my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Any team that trades a 2nd for Kolb really doesn't know what their doing! Unless you run the same system as the Eagles I doubt you'll get much production out of Kolb.
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBills06
    Any team that trades a 2nd for Kolb really doesn't know what their doing! Unless you run the same system as the Eagles I doubt you'll get much production out of Kolb.
    I disagree, (voted yes)

Its hard to understand how a majority of this board wants to go defense with the 1st pick we have and then given the option to take a stab at what could be a franchise signal caller with our 2nd, vote against it.

Its the type of mentality that's kept the Buffalo Bills from finding a franchise signal caller to begin with in my opinion because If you don't take a gamble its never going to happen.

So the Eagles believe Kolb is starting material and we know better, right...
    Last edited by Figster; 01-31-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dog14787
    It is possible the Eagles would swap positions with our 1st and we get Kolb in return which might be something to think about in my opinion.

I was not impressed with Kolb's last outing, but as someone pointed out here on the zone, the game was meaningless for the Eagles and Kolb was playing with 3rd string players.

Earlier in the season I watched Kevin Kolb literally pick apart a real good Falcon defense for 326 yards, 3 TD's (one of them fo 83 yards) and finished the game with a 133.6 QB rating.

Kolb has good command of the huddle, shows good leadership qualities and has been NFL tested.

Kevin Kolb should be on the Bills radar in my opinion.
    Thats what im saying, its something to think about... he looked like aaron rodgers in 4 of his 7 starts... thats not bad folks...

im on the fence... i would probably not do it but im not sure....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
    Thats what im saying, its something to think about... he looked like aaron rodgers in 4 of his 7 starts... thats not bad folks...

im on the fence... i would probably not do it but im not sure....

No, its not bad, and who did Ryan Fitzpatrick beat in 13 starts?

Kevin Kolb has a cannon of an arm and see's the field very well. Chan Gailey could do a lot with a fella like Kevin Kolb in my opinion.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whether people like him or not, the NFL is a QB driven league and teams will ALWAYS overpay for someone with decent ability.

clumping platelets

No thanks...............sign Fitz to a 1 yr extension and draft our "QB of the future"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if we are going to draft a qb in rd 2, then it probably makes sense to trade for kolb... just sayin

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by clumping platelets
    No thanks...............sign Fitz to a 1 yr extension and draft our "QB of the future"
    I know it isn't a popular viewpoint, but I think that Fitz is the "QB of the future."

I know that is just plain ridiculous, right? He's not Jim Kelly, right? We need a real stud QB to come in and play below average for a couple years, then get comfortable in a good system and start to produce, right?

I am not for spending anything on another QB. Maybe a 3rd round pick, but I would much rather have a defense, and see what Chan and Fitzy do together after another year of working towards a common goal.

Just my meaningless, unprofessional, opinion, but I am willing to be that there are more Fitz supporters at the end of next year. I think there are a lot of Fitz guys now, with a number of them being located at OBD. It will have to play itself out.

Kolb is a West Coast Offense QB...if you do not possess the ability to see the necessity of a checkdown, you have to check no. If you fall in to this category, but love to piss and moan, vote yes.

I don't think that Kolb is the guy, but what do I know? I've been wrong before, and will be again, probably any minute now. I just like Fitz, and I love that he made football fun to watch again.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Philly isnt moving Kolb, Vick is a FA.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Philly already said that they will be franchising Vick and looking to trade Kolb. If you want to believe Adam Schefter, that is.