Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IF Miller isn't ready until the playoffs..

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

IF Miller isn't ready until the playoffs..

Assuming Enroth doesn't have a total breakdown over the next two games.. play the hot hand or toss Miller in cold?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: IF Miller isn't ready until the playoffs..

Miller. No question.

I like Enroth so far but Miller is proven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Miller is ready to go there is no question... Miller

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Absolute no brainer.... Miller.
    Not even a question

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Miller. No question.

I like Enroth so far but Miller is proven.

Agreed! HOWEVER, I don't think I would mind if the sports media played up this scenario a bit to "stir the pot." It could light a fire under Millers a** for the playoffs!
    Last edited by kelly2reed4six; 04-05-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let him play.

If he sucks it up, make the switch without hesitation.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

on my podcast, we discussed this. why is it that other teams will rotate through the hothand but we can't. it's go time next week.

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    on my podcast, we discussed this. why is it that other teams will rotate through the hothand but we can't. it's go time next week.
    If Enroth plays lights out these last two games, I would play him without a question. Why risk throwing Miller in? If he ****s the bed in the first 10 minutes and allows 3 goals, we pull him.. Miller is pissed off, team is down.. that's just not good for team spirit.

Idk, I'm on the fence with this.

The thing with Enroth is the kid has nothing to lose, so I feel he'll continue playing with that mindset. That Rangers game showed it, the Hurricanes game showed it. We have these rookies who come up and usually play better than our veteran players. You know, people say oh.. "Miller has the experience".. but as far as I'm concerned, Enroth won two game 7's in the past week or so. I think he can handle the pressure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you look at teams that rotate goaltenders, they are teams without a true #1 goaltender. Occasionally a team gets lucky and has a 1a and 1b, but usually it's a team with a 2a and a 2b. That's basically the situation the Caps are in- every time one of their goalies starts to establish himself as the #1, he gets hurt, then they end up playing the "hot hand" amongst their 2a and 2b.

Teams that have established #1's play the #1 when he's healthy, except in rare occasions when the #1 needs a rest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well our number 1 has had a atough year, and i think its because he rushed back early due to knowing lalime couldn't carry us for a season.

now he is in a position to get to 100%. I'm not for jettisoning him to the bench forever, but the team plays a whole lot better for enroth. Perhaps they trust miller too much and leave him out to dry too many times. for the most part, they clear pucks. in that carolina game, they had were killing a 2 man advantage and blocked 3 shots. i think only one got through. That makes a huge difference.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Perhaps they trust miller too much and leave him out to dry too many times.
    I definitely agree with that. What Lindy needs to do is put Miller back there and say to the team "Hey *******s, put forth the same effort you would if Enroth was back there and don't rely on him to bail you out."

then MAYBE we could get somewhere in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JD
    If Enroth plays lights out these last two games, I would play him without a question. Why risk throwing Miller in? If he ****s the bed in the first 10 minutes and allows 3 goals, we pull him.. Miller is pissed off, team is down.. that's just not good for team spirit.

Idk, I'm on the fence with this.

The thing with Enroth is the kid has nothing to lose, so I feel he'll continue playing with that mindset. That Rangers game showed it, the Hurricanes game showed it. We have these rookies who come up and usually play better than our veteran players. You know, people say oh.. "Miller has the experience".. but as far as I'm concerned, Enroth won two game 7's in the past week or so. I think he can handle the pressure.
    How bout Miller is BETTER.

How bout Enroth looked like complete **** Vs the Caps but somehow gets a free pass.

I don't get this city and their desire to always hate what we have and want something else.

I don't think Enroth did anything Miller would not have done had he been in there.

Miller is the reigning Vezina and has been playing great since the Sabres when on this tear.

I think it is great we finally have a good backup goalie but I can't fathom how people are calling for Enroth to start over a healthy Miller in the playoffs. It is idiotic to me.

I foree Enroth being a starting goalie for this team sometime down the road but not in the near future.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yea Enroth is horrible, how can anyone like him?

Every single goal on Saturday was all his fault. What an idiot for not stopping those shots. HE is supposed to stop them, NOT the DEFENSE.

And losing in OT because of a deflection?! Get your head out of your ass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by G Wolly
    Yea Enroth is horrible, how can anyone like him?

Every single goal on Saturday was all his fault. What an idiot for not stopping those shots. HE is supposed to stop them, NOT the DEFENSE.

And losing in OT because of a deflection?! Get your head out of your ass.
    You are the one sounding like his head is up a butt hole.

First off no one doesn't like Enroth so not sure why you are getting this douchy sarcastic tone.

Enroth did not look good Saturday. Why are you so quick to defend him but so fast to criticize Miller if he had a similar game? Your comment on Defense is Laughable. The defense hangs Miller out to dry on a nightly basis. It is clear to me they play a more concerted defensive effort when Enroth is in the game.

The game should not have gone to overtime is the point.

I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea of starting Enroth over a healthy Miller in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea of starting Enroth over a healthy Miller in the playoffs.
    i think the point is, some of us dont think miller will be healthy enough when the playoffs start. i personally think the team is hiding a concussion
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Why are you so quick to defend him but so fast to criticize Miller if he had a similar game? Your comment on Defense is Laughable. The defense hangs Miller out to dry on a nightly basis. It is clear to me they play a more concerted defensive effort when Enroth is in the game.
    At least 3 of the goals were down low, in front of the net, where someone let his guy get free to tap in a rebound. Defense wasn't totally innocent that night either.

And ask yourself the same question. Why are you so quick to condemn Enroth after one bad game? His worst game by allowing 5 goals. How about that Toronto game where Miller allows that first goal from a shot at the blue line to put us behind early?

In all fairness, you too are also jumping too quickly to a conclusion that Miller needs to start [if we make] the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

thurm, enroth has played 10-12 games this season. He had one bad game.

Miller hasn't been the same goalie on this second half tear. the sabres were scoring a lot of goals.

For the most part, the softies that you know are coming from miller this year don't happen during enroth's games.

i think the team as a whole plays much better in front of a 23 year old kid and they are the ones who take miller for granted. have you seen a single breakaway given up when enroth is in net? Have you seen multiple games with miller facing break aways?

Right now, the team is playing absolutely the best they have in years. enroth is part of the equation. i think you kind of have to let the best unit play.

even vanek got shifted around in the last game. he was struggling before this game. He got taken off the connolly pommer line for gaustad and mancari for a shift or two.

The team seems to deal better when everyone is held accountable.
    Last edited by trapezeus; 04-06-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mski
    i think the point is, some of us dont think miller will be healthy enough when the playoffs start. i personally think the team is hiding a concussion
    Why would you think this though. It is clearly a badly bruised shoulder. Why would you think concussion? The shot caught him under the pads on the shoulder.

If Miller isn't healthy then yeah go with Enroth, but I am pretty certain he will be ready.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by G Wolly

And ask yourself the same question. Why are you so quick to condemn Enroth after one bad game?
    because he has so few games overall. He only has 13 NHL starts, so one bad game is a huge percentage of his total.

Miller is having an off year, but he still has far more good nights than bad nights.

If Miller isn't 100% healthy, then this is a conversation worth having. But if Miller is healthy, he took us to two conference finals, played in the playoffs this year, won the Vezina trophy last year and was the MVP of an Olympic tournament where he led the US to a silver medal. And you want to keep him on the bench because Enroth had like 4 good games? Do you have any idea how insane that sounds?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

thurm, enroth has played 10-12 games this season. He had one bad game.

Miller hasn't been the same goalie on this second half tear. the sabres were scoring a lot of goals.

For the most part, the softies that you know are coming from miller this year don't happen during enroth's games.

i think the team as a whole plays much better in front of a 23 year old kid and they are the ones who take miller for granted. have you seen a single breakaway given up when enroth is in net? Have you seen multiple games with miller facing penalty shots.

Right now, the team is playing absolutely the best they have in years. enroth is part of the equation. i think you kind of have to let the best unit play.

even vanek got shifted around in the last game. he was struggling before this game. He got taken off the connolly pommer line for gaustad and mancari for a shift or two.

The team seems to deal better when everyone is held accountable.
    Really he isn't played well lately????? Didn't he just win NHL 1st star of the week 2 weeks ago??? WTF PEOPLE!!!!