Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bills are doomed this Sunday

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are doomed this Sunday

Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

I guess Michael Vick must've senn this coming and bought them all.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Bills are doomed this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I watched the 1st 3 games at home with my Dad.. Against Cinci I left my place at halftime to go watch the 2nd half with my Buddy.. F**k I knew I was tempting fate and karma and told my buddy so when I got to his place

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Way to go guys!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.
    add some caviar, expensive champagne, and maybe some brie, then you have a Redskins tailgate.

Don't forget to hang out by the snooty food until halfway through the first quarter before remembering that there's a game and heading into the stadium.

Registered User ChristopherWalken's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Try the pet store!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

just grab the ones outside you house.

No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds. zone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62
    Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.
    I am taking Fitz and Chandler out and starting Vick, that will definitely guarantee a big win for us.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My suggestion is to go outside some morning after a rain or heavy dew and harvest yourself a bunch of slugs. They are, after all, essentially snails without the shell. If you're not expecting rain or a heavy dew, use some of your beer. Set an aluminum pie tin in the ground so the top is flush with the ground level. Fill it with beer. Tomorrow morning it should be filled with slugs. That happens to be an old gardening tip if you're having a wet growing season and slugs are feasting on your young plants. As an added advantage, they'll already be marinated in beer, if you like that sort of thing.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 10-05-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,188 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if anyone does anything different than what they did the first 3 games you're not true fans
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,406 Times in 8,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What are you, a soccer fan?
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

snail and wine? to truly be a fan, you need to be eating that because you hate it. if you actually enjoy it, then it has no impact on the outcome of the game. These be the rules.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To clarify to a number of the response, I may have escargot and wine once or twice a year in the past. On Sept 11 we happen to have a party (not football related) and we had that at lunch. Since then I was asked to stick to it by my football buddy and I did it for two more weeks.

I'll say this. I had this dish in Paris the first time many years ago and I liked it. Back in the States, we tried on occasion and I think it worked out good. But 3 weeks in a row is a little too much to me.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Buy a can of squirt cheese, a water bottle, potatoe chips of your choice, pork rinds, cheese popcorn and some Reese's cups or other chocolate candy of your choice.

. Hold the squirt cheese can between your legs or under your fanny to warm it up.

. The purpose of the water bottle is to cleanse your mouth before having a Reese's cup or other chocolate. Having a beer after a piece of chocolate makes a disagreeable foaming.

One of those 12 packs of Hostess cupcakes is a plus, because you can dole them out to pesky kids so they will go away. Also - with the advent of LCD whatever HD screens, you can't fire hard objects anymore. However, a cupcake impact is merely is a clean-up job - no lasting damage.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Last week: 51 throwback, check. Balls of Fury underwear: check. Bills hat (different one every week): check. Case of Budweiser: check. At my family friends house: check.

Girlfriend? At work. Bills lose.

It's my girlfriends fault. Blame her... I do. Good news, she will be there this weekend. Holding up her store after the loss and demanding her off every Sunday was well worth the $2000 bond.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis
    I watched the 1st 3 games at home with my Dad.. Against Cinci I left my place at halftime to go watch the 2nd half with my Buddy.. F**k I knew I was tempting fate and karma and told my buddy so when I got to his place
    Same thing with me. I watched the first three with my dad as well and against Cincy I did not. Interesting
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves
    Last week: 51 throwback, check. Balls of Fury underwear: check. Bills hat (different one every week): check. Case of Budweiser: check. At my family friends house: check.

Girlfriend? At work. Bills lose.

It's my girlfriends fault. Blame her... I do. Good news, she will be there this weekend. Holding up her store after the loss and demanding her off every Sunday was well worth the $2000 bond.
    Now that's a fan!
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it's definitely my fault. this is the first week where in the first half i said the words 'we are gonna win this game.' that's including week one.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did everything the same, but I didn't have an upset stomach. I did the first 3 weeks. I knew we were in trouble. I do remember when I would get sick on game day back in the 90's. All my buddies at the Denver Bills Backers would ask if I got sick that morning. If I didn't they worried, if I did, we were going to win. Stupid I know, but I've always been that way, even when I played. We will see how my stomach is this Sunday morning.
    Bills Backers of Tucson