Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 roster...way early prognosis

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2012 roster...way early prognosis

QB-Fitzpatrick/DP OR FA/B.Smith (3)

Fitz is here for '12, Thigpen sucks, Smith is OK for emergency which we might never need because Ryan seems to be able to stay healthy. Need another young guy for the practice squad, though, also.

RB-Jackson/Spiller/Choice (3)

Jackson should be re-signed. Choice has earned a shot on the roster. DO NOT waste yet another draft pick on a RB that'll never see the field let alone produce. These three guys should give us a pretty good mix.

FB-McIntyre (1)

Gotta have one...bring an UDFA into camp just for giggles.

WR-Stevie/DP OR FA/Nelson/Roosevelt/Aiken or Easley/(Smith) (5)

Sign Stevie. Use a high pick or some cash in FA to get a #2. Nelson is more than solid, Rosie adequate depth. Rooting for Aiken, who knows if Easley will even be able to play again, ever. I've had enough of ChinaDoll Parrish and WhoTheHellIs Jones to last me a lifetime. Ruvell Martin also, ST's be damned.

TE-Chandler/Caussin/Pianalto (3)

Chandler has proven his worth, Pianalto is still a sleeper. With the extra o-line below, we really don't need a pure blocker taking one of these spots.

T-Hairston/Pears/DP OR FA/Young (4)

Bell sucks. Goodbye. Hairston is probably the LT of the future and the team likes Pears for some reason. Wouldn't break my heart if we acquired an honest-to-god LT and moved Hairston to RT, let Pears be a swing back-up.

G-Levitre/Urbick/Rhinehart (3)

Probably the most solid component of the o-line.

C-Wood/DP OR FA (2)Urbick has done better than expected the last couple of weeks, but PLEASE for chrissakes get a REAL back-up center in here that can slide to guard if necessary. One of the damn dumbest things an offense can do is start shuffling starters around to make up for injuries and weakening two or three spots along the line, instead of just one.

DE-Dareus/Carrington/Edwards/Johnson (4)

No more playing DE's at OLB, dumbass. These guys are DE's and should stay there. I still believe our d-line is solid enough to stand pat, but if we were able to snag a stud pass rusher to take Edward's or Johnson's spot on the roster it certainly wouldn't break my heart.

DT-Williams/Heard/Troup (3)

Dareus obviously can play here also. Troup needs to get healthy, Heard is OK depth but again I wouldn't be against getting a true NT and replacing either one of those or moving Williams out to end.

OLB-Merriman/Kelsay/DP OR FA/Batten (4)

Yes, Merriman is fragile and Kelsay isn't the greatest, but the guys we've got now aren't going to make the move over them and you've got to have bodies. Bring in a new guy to eventually start. Batten only holds on because of numbers and Moats is disappearing fast. We could actually use two new faces on the outside.

ILB-Barnett/Sheppard/DP OR FA/DP OR FA (4)LBer is our weakest spot. Another inside guy plus one versatile back up we can plant anywhere are necessary. Chris White might take one of the spots simply because of special teams.

CB-Willaims/Florence/DP OR FA/Rogers/DP OR FA (5)Williams is a keeper. Florence we'll have to live with another season. McGee and McKelvin are gone. Rogers is OK depth. A first- or second-rounder, plus a FA or later pick for depth would be ideal. This unit needs an overhaul almost as badly as, if not worse than, the LBers.

SS-Wilson/Searcy/Scott (3)

The leader, the future starter and a versatile back-up. Nuff said.

FS-Byrd/DP OR FA (2)Byrd's been coming on, especially in run support. A vet FA back up on his last legs or a rookie wouldn't hurt.

K-Lindell (1)
    P-Moorman (1)
    LS-Sanborn (1)

Pretty obvious for the ST's, no need for changes unless Lindell breaks a couple of more limbs or Sanborn becomes too expensive.

That's 52 spots, with 10 new bodies, and one open slot for somebody to slide into because of a training camp or preseason injury. A big fear is Chan's love affair with Roscoe and he'll stick. I could live with that, I suppose, as long as he's restricted to returning kicks, only used at wide out sparingly, and we have a couple of guys on the PS to replace him when he gets hurt yet again. I'm still rooting for Jasper to find a spot somewhere.

And, of course, a new defensive coordinator.
    Last edited by YardRat; 12-04-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2012 roster...way early prognosis

We need an OLB and the heir apparent at QB in the worst way. Get those two and a RT and let the young guys grow and we'll be on the right track.

Will not tolerate vandalism. Johnny Bugmenot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't be surprised if Rayner sticks at this point. I know I've said before that it's a long shot, but he's been very good for the Bills so far and hasn't missed a field goal yet (and in fact has hit a couple 50 yarders); the only bad kick he had was that one kickoff last week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Rayner actually missed his first attempt as a Bill.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    I think Rayner actually missed his first attempt as a Bill.
    He kicked it about a mile to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Will not tolerate vandalism. Johnny Bugmenot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Meh, it's the kicker. Not a big deal who does it, as long as someone does-- and does it well enough not to screw the team over. In either case, the position is pretty much set, and there are far more important holes to fill, perhaps more than can realistically be filled.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If we can stay healthy, then re-sign Chandler because we haven't had a legit TE in years. Re-sign our lineman who can block, let Jackson prove he deserves a long term contract while he's still under it, fire Edwards, and draft like we've been doing the past 2 years, but make sure THEY can stay healthy as picks.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pass rush, be it OLB or DE, needs to be the top, A-1 priority this offseason. Draft them, sign free agents, whatever it takes. CB is the second need, but I don't think the corners are as awful as they have looked (except for McKelvin who looks lost) due to the lack of pass rush. Later in the draft and with second tier FA signings they can go after depth at DT and ILB.

As annoyed with Stevie as I was last week, I think the Bills find a way to keep him. I really like Nelson and think he'd be a solid starter opposite Stevie. He catches everything. In free agency or in the middle rounds the Bills need a burner at receiver, Roscoe is gone after this year and Roosevelt, Aiken, et al will have to do for depth in 2012. Depth on OL will be needed, I'm not sure Wood can keep coming back after injuries so C might need to be looked at some. I think the Bills make due with the same TEs they have this year. The backfield will probably remain the same for the most part.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Easley is still on the team? Has he ever played in a regular season game yet?
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,472 Times in 14,180 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Switch Pianalto and Lee Smith and I think you're dead on for right now.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Switch Pianalto and Lee Smith and I think you're dead on for right now.
    You might be right...Smith has the rest of this season to try to solidify a spot, and he got a start on that today.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bugmenot
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rayner sticks at this point. I know I've said before that it's a long shot, but he's been very good for the Bills so far and hasn't missed a field goal yet (and in fact has hit a couple 50 yarders); the only bad kick he had was that one kickoff last week.
    Umm as stated above Rayner missed his first attempt as a Bill. In terms of him replacing Lindell. I'm not sure it be the best PR for the front office to run off the best kicker in franchise history for a guy who's shown to be a career temporary replacement.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-05-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,432 Times in 2,009 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think Roosevelt or Aiken makes it over Donald Jones. Chan seems to really like him for some reason. Also, I still think Parrish could be a possibility. He's another guy Chan seems to really like.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't get the lovefest for A Williams, that he's a locked '12 starter or anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf
    I don't get the lovefest for A Williams, that he's a locked '12 starter or anything.
    He's a high 2nd Round pick, with McGee likely gone and McKelvin showing to be nothing more than a special teamer than A. Williams better be starting next year or else we'll have even more holes to fill. In other words he gets to start by default or until we realize that he was a poor pick and have to replace him in 2015.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,432 Times in 2,009 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf
    I don't think he's a lock and I don't think they'll just hand him the job. He'll have to compete for it, but I expect that he'll win the job eventually. Whether he's totally ready or not, this staff obviously really likes him. Who knows though. Maybe we end up landing Claiborne or Kirkpatrick with our first pick this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

stevie is as good as gone. ZERO CHANCE he resigns. just listened to him on the radio, his bags are packed.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    QB-Fitzpatrick/DP OR FA/B.Smith (3)

Fitz is here for '12, Thigpen sucks, Smith is OK for emergency which we might never need because Ryan seems to be able to stay healthy. Need another young guy for the practice squad, though, also.

RB-Jackson/Spiller/Choice (3)

Jackson should be re-signed. Choice has earned a shot on the roster. DO NOT waste yet another draft pick on a RB that'll never see the field let alone produce. These three guys should give us a pretty good mix.

FB-McIntyre (1)

Gotta have one...bring an UDFA into camp just for giggles.

WR-Stevie/DP OR FA/Nelson/Roosevelt/Aiken or Easley/(Smith) (5)

Sign Stevie. Use a high pick or some cash in FA to get a #2. Nelson is more than solid, Rosie adequate depth. Rooting for Aiken, who knows if Easley will even be able to play again, ever. I've had enough of ChinaDoll Parrish and WhoTheHellIs Jones to last me a lifetime. Ruvell Martin also, ST's be damned.

TE-Chandler/Caussin/Pianalto (3)

Chandler has proven his worth, Pianalto is still a sleeper. With the extra o-line below, we really don't need a pure blocker taking one of these spots.

T-Hairston/Pears/DP OR FA/Young (4)

Bell sucks. Goodbye. Hairston is probably the LT of the future and the team likes Pears for some reason. Wouldn't break my heart if we acquired an honest-to-god LT and moved Hairston to RT, let Pears be a swing back-up.

G-Levitre/Urbick/Rhinehart (3)

Probably the most solid component of the o-line.

C-Wood/DP OR FA (2)Urbick has done better than expected the last couple of weeks, but PLEASE for chrissakes get a REAL back-up center in here that can slide to guard if necessary. One of the damn dumbest things an offense can do is start shuffling starters around to make up for injuries and weakening two or three spots along the line, instead of just one.

DE-Dareus/Carrington/Edwards/Johnson (4)

No more playing DE's at OLB, dumbass. These guys are DE's and should stay there. I still believe our d-line is solid enough to stand pat, but if we were able to snag a stud pass rusher to take Edward's or Johnson's spot on the roster it certainly wouldn't break my heart.

DT-Williams/Heard/Troup (3)

Dareus obviously can play here also. Troup needs to get healthy, Heard is OK depth but again I wouldn't be against getting a true NT and replacing either one of those or moving Williams out to end.

OLB-Merriman/Kelsay/DP OR FA/Batten (4)

Yes, Merriman is fragile and Kelsay isn't the greatest, but the guys we've got now aren't going to make the move over them and you've got to have bodies. Bring in a new guy to eventually start. Batten only holds on because of numbers and Moats is disappearing fast. We could actually use two new faces on the outside.

ILB-Barnett/Sheppard/DP OR FA/DP OR FA (4)LBer is our weakest spot. Another inside guy plus one versatile back up we can plant anywhere are necessary. Chris White might take one of the spots simply because of special teams.

CB-Willaims/Florence/DP OR FA/Rogers/DP OR FA (5)Williams is a keeper. Florence we'll have to live with another season. McGee and McKelvin are gone. Rogers is OK depth. A first- or second-rounder, plus a FA or later pick for depth would be ideal. This unit needs an overhaul almost as badly as, if not worse than, the LBers.

SS-Wilson/Searcy/Scott (3)

The leader, the future starter and a versatile back-up. Nuff said.

FS-Byrd/DP OR FA (2)Byrd's been coming on, especially in run support. A vet FA back up on his last legs or a rookie wouldn't hurt.

K-Lindell (1)
    P-Moorman (1)
    LS-Sanborn (1)

Pretty obvious for the ST's, no need for changes unless Lindell breaks a couple of more limbs or Sanborn becomes too expensive.

That's 52 spots, with 10 new bodies, and one open slot for somebody to slide into because of a training camp or preseason injury. A big fear is Chan's love affair with Roscoe and he'll stick. I could live with that, I suppose, as long as he's restricted to returning kicks, only used at wide out sparingly, and we have a couple of guys on the PS to replace him when he gets hurt yet again. I'm still rooting for Jasper to find a spot somewhere.

And, of course, a new defensive coordinator.

looks like ANOTHER year of no playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DrGraves
    stevie is as good as gone. ZERO CHANCE he resigns. just listened to him on the radio, his bags are packed.
    I caught part of that...he didn't sound very happy, and a little frustrated.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If McKelvin can show some more ability on punt returns next week against New England, at this point I'd actually be willing to fill the 53rd and final spot with him and keep 6 corners.