• coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
    The whole premise is ridiculous.

Look at any DE's game logs.

Sacks tend to occur in chunks.

You're looking for this perfect distribution of sacks so that a DE gets one every single game, as if that's how it works...

Robert Mathis had 19.5 sacks, 13 in six games.

Robert Quinn 19 sacks, 13 in five games.

Greg Hardy had 15 sacks, 10 in three games.

Those are the only three guys that had better sack totals than Mario this season. I guess they're all fool's gold too because they didn't abide by coastal's arbitrary laws of sack distribution.

Put the internet ego aside for 5 seconds and rejoin us in reality.
    Two of those guys have double the games sample size?

you're not very good at this are you?

Comment

• GvilleBills
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
      It is a low thread, but a starting DE who over 16 games garners 38 total tackles, 28 of them solo, and 13 of them being sacks means that he stopped 15 ball carriers other that a qb on his own, is suspect. The Bills paid a high price for a one-trick pony.
      While those are good points, it seemed Pettine said "sic balls, Chopper!". Mario's job was to get to the QB, and only 3 guys did it better last year.
      Very interested in his results this year. I think he gets more flack because of that ridiculous contract. That kind of bread, natural reaction is to expect him to lead the league in every category. But that contract is what it is, he just signed it. Signing it won't make him something he's not.

Like I said, very interested in the coming year.
      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        Two of those guys have double the games sample size?

you're not very good at this are you?

With no false modesty, I think I demonstrated that sacks occur in chunks pretty well.

Everyone's numbers look pedestrian if you take away their big games.

This schtick of yours isn't as cute as you think it is.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

How is it dishonest?

you're talking about a guy in AP that can flirt with the rushing record year after year.

The hundo million dollar man isn't flirting with anything unless he's packing bling and limp wristed.
          Yes but that has nothing to do with what Joe commented on, hence the dishonesty of the argument.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

With no false modesty, I think I demonstrated that sacks occur in chunks pretty well.

Everyone's numbers look pedestrian if you take away their big games.

This schtick of yours isn't as cute as you think it is.
            Unless, of course, one is talking about Jairus Byrd, then the fact that 75% of his 'stats' were accumulated in 2 games against rookie QB's is irrelevant and he is a 'playmaker' that deserves the money.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Ok boys...

Were on the precipice of year 3 of Super Mario's stay in WNY!

what's your take?

Game changer? Worth it? Community icon? Leader?

Is this finally the year our beloved Bills reach the playoffs and is the highest paid player in this franchise's history the person that's going to help lead us there?

or was he just brought into sack the quarterback from time to time?

what say you?

Comment

• Blondie
                Smarter than most men here :-)
                • Aug 2012

precipice
                where do you learn words like this??
                I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                  where do you learn words like this??
                  the Jesuits.

Comment

• Blondie
                    • Aug 2012

WOW .. he made 13 SACKS last year??

He is paid 5.9 MILLION for a total of 23.5 sacks as his career at the BILLS ..

I see why Buffalo can't clean their city now...
                    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Ok boys...

Were on the precipice of year 3 of Super Mario's stay in WNY!

what's your take?

Game changer? Worth it? Community icon? Leader?

Is this finally the year our beloved Bills reach the playoffs and is the highest paid player in this franchise's history the person that's going to help lead us there?

or was he just brought into sack the quarterback from time to time?

what say you?
                      For nearly $100M we could have done a helluva lot better. Three or four good players.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Did Mario steal your lunch money or bang your wife?

Everyone knows he was paid 100m to sack the QB and has been the teams best pass rusher since Bruce Smith.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Everyone knows he was paid 100m to sack the QB and has been the teams best pass rusher since Bruce Smith.

Jerry Hughes rushes the passer too, and doesn't nearly cost as much.

Comment

• Blondie
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                                Did Mario steal your lunch money or bang your wife?

We'll if Mario wants to bang me it's gonna come with a hefty price tag

Tee hee

Comment

Working...
                                X