Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manning is MONEY

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Manning is MONEY

i think manning easily handles a jets team in tailspin, and a improving but still lack of talent miami team. (this presupposes he played for the bills) but i think the rest holds true. if he was with miami, he would have torn the bills apart. new england is new england, they always win at home because they are cheating at comfort.

did you notice how many times schaub had to look to the sidelines when it looked like they were coming back. so many qb's and coaches complain how their headsets die when they play in new england, specifically on important plays. and it's a new stadium. how can the ralph a 40+ year old structure operate better than gillette.

2. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (01-14-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Whoever decided to run the ball on 3rd and 7 with 1:40 left with Peyton Manning as your quarterback lost the game for the Broncos.
    add to that the guy who chose to take a knee with 40 seconds left and 2 time outs to go to overtime
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    LOL. In the first sentence you say you don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions, then in the next sentence you say you do hate him & his convictions.
    LOLs, I will clarifly, lolz cuz wid de lolspk it seem you have reeding compurhenshun pwoblemz. lols. Anyways, I agree -by and large - with his religious convictions. However, it is clear that he is marketing his faith, and that I do not agree with. I have no problem with his faith, but I have issues with his PR campaign that suggests that I am a good qb and deserve to be an NFL qb because I'm a good christian. Good for you Timmy! Yeah, most nfl players at least pay lip service to being Christian. Heck back in the mid 2000s there was a camp fodder qb on the Bills who appeared in a magazine at the Baptist Student Union. He was a nice enough guy, but well he wasn't a very qb. See I have no problem with Tebow. I think he should write a book and be in a pulpit on sunday. However, he has shown me nothing that suggests he is a viable option as a long term NFL qb. Manning has, Tebow has not. Also, considering the Jets were imploding, why didn't Ryan put him in as a starter when the Jets still had playoff hopes? Timmy is a nice boy, but I hate the fact that he is trying to market his faith as a reason he should be an NFL qb. Of course, I've always has a problem with NFLers thanking Jesus for a win, because nobody has ever said in a losing locker room, I am so thankful that God has chosen to teach me humility for this loss now excuse me while I lead my team mates in the litany of humility.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    LOLs, I will clarifly, lolz cuz wid de lolspk it seem you have reeding compurhenshun pwoblemz. lols. Anyways, I agree -by and large - with his religious convictions. However, it is clear that he is marketing his faith, and that I do not agree with. I have no problem with his faith, but I have issues with his PR campaign that suggests that I am a good qb and deserve to be an NFL qb because I'm a good christian. Good for you Timmy! Yeah, most nfl players at least pay lip service to being Christian. Heck back in the mid 2000s there was a camp fodder qb on the Bills who appeared in a magazine at the Baptist Student Union. He was a nice enough guy, but well he wasn't a very qb. See I have no problem with Tebow. I think he should write a book and be in a pulpit on sunday. However, he has shown me nothing that suggests he is a viable option as a long term NFL qb. Manning has, Tebow has not. Also, considering the Jets were imploding, why didn't Ryan put him in as a starter when the Jets still had playoff hopes? Timmy is a nice boy, but I hate the fact that he is trying to market his faith as a reason he should be an NFL qb. Of course, I've always has a problem with NFLers thanking Jesus for a win, because nobody has ever said in a losing locker room, I am so thankful that God has chosen to teach me humility for this loss now excuse me while I lead my team mates in the litany of humility.
    Tebow is not marketing his faith, he does not ask for money from you or anyone else. He shares his love of God which MANY other NFL Christians do as well.

The reason Ryan refused to play Tebow when he should have is because he commited himself to Sanchez. He kept playing Sanchez while the Jets season went down the tubes. If he had put Tebow in at that point & Tebow won, it would have made Rex look like the Clown he is by not going to Tebow sooner, like after game 4.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    Does Rex Ryan hate Christians?
    Do you?

7. Post thanked by:

better days (01-14-2013)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tebow is not marketing his faith, he does not ask for money from you or anyone else. He shares his love of God which MANY other NFL Christians do as well.

The reason Ryan refused to play Tebow when he should have is because he commited himself to Sanchez. He kept playing Sanchez while the Jets season went down the tubes. If he had put Tebow in at that point & Tebow won, it would have made Rex look like the Clown he is by not going to Tebow sooner, like after game 4.
    You go with the guy who is going to give you the best chance to win. Its the reason we stayed with Fitz (the other options were even worse, seriously). Ryan would have put Tebow in if Tebow offered a chance to win. I am ending this conversation though because you are a Tebownut and cannot realize that he is an average qb at best.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions (heck, by and large I admire these). However, I hate the fact that he is marketing his faith. I mean think about it, as you lived in the sixties and seventies you may well have seen Bishop Sheen's telecasts and if you are anything like me you probably liked them. However, would you want Bishop Sheen to be your team's qb? I wouldn't. My priest, confessor, and friend? Sure. My team's qb? No. Likewise, with Tim Tebow I hold nothing --and certainly not his faith -- against him. He seems like a nice, clean cut, kid with good moral values. However, in the NFL he has not done much on the gridiron. I understand how someone wouldn't get the hate, and really I don't either. However, I don't get the love for a kid who -- even if given the chance to be a fulltime starter -- will probably never be anything more than the White Kordell Stewart.
    HaHa. Tebow doesn't "market" his faith. He's asked questions by the sports media and he answers them.

If we didn't have 24/7 media outlets looking for stories, you wouldn't have 2/3rds of this. Also if there wasn't a market for people that have to be "up to the moment, in the know" you wouldn't either.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You go with the guy who is going to give you the best chance to win. Its the reason we stayed with Fitz (the other options were even worse, seriously). Ryan would have put Tebow in if Tebow offered a chance to win. I am ending this conversation though because you are a Tebownut and cannot realize that he is an average qb at best.
    There's more to it than that. maybe Rexy didn't like Tebow and he has supported Sanchez his entire career. After all, he drafted him. Maybe it was an internal power struggle with Tannenbaum so Rex refused to play him.

We shall never know.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, hindsight clearly shows Sanchez did not give the Jets the best chance to win because they LOST. No one knows if they would have won with tebow or not. You can say they would not have, but I think they would have based on what Tebow did in Denver last year.

In the same respect, who knows, if Chan played TJax over Fitz maybe the Bills would have won more. It is clear just as Rex had misguided faith in Sanchez, so did Chan in Fitz.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, hindsight clearly shows Sanchez did not give the Jets the best chance to win because they LOST. No one knows if they would have won with tebow or not. You can say they would not have, but I think they would have based on what Tebow did in Denver last year.

In the same respect, who knows, if Chan played TJax over Fitz maybe the Bills would have won more. It is clear just as Rex had misguided faith in Sanchez, so did Chan in Fitz.
    What exactly did Tebow do in Denver? Hand the ball off and let the Defense win? Yeah, woohoo total game changer mother ***er.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What exactly did Tebow do in Denver? Hand the ball off and let the Defense win? Yeah, woohoo total game changer mother ***er.
    I thought you were going to end the conversation. Looks like you have nothing more to contribute with this last post of yours.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 3,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.
    A message board would be kind of dull if noone gave their opinions, no? You seem to be ok voicing yours btw

15. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (01-14-2013)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A message board would be kind of dull if noone gave their opinions, no? You seem to be ok voicing yours btw
    OK, but I have never once said that a player "sucks" or is a loser. That seems to be prevalent on all these boards.

Maybe because I understand that there are things that we can't possibly know about the inner workings of an NFL team. Making judgments from the outside looking in is foolish, no?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's more to it than that. maybe Rexy didn't like Tebow and he has supported Sanchez his entire career. After all, he drafted him. Maybe it was an internal power struggle with Tannenbaum so Rex refused to play him.

We shall never know.
    Seems far fetched to me. People have a lot of opinions on Rex Ryan but I've never heard anyone question his desire to win. Much much more likely scenario in my opinion: Rex has eyeballs and asst coaches that track every throw a QB makes in practice and concluded Tebow isn't very accurate throwing the football and didn't warrant even the 10-15 snaps a game they talked about giving him, if you recall Rex did not seem at all opposed to Tebow's arrival at the start of the season. Same conclusion John Elway had. Same conclusion Jacksonville has apparently.

Personally I hope he gets another chance he's kind of fun to watch. But get off this "people only hate on him because he's Christian" nonsense. Tebow went 8-8 last year and backed into the playoffs after losing 3 of the last 4. He has something I'll grant you but nothing worthy of the adulation given by the lickers on this board, seriously. If he has a job next year it will be as a backup that's obvious.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OK, but I have never once said that a player "sucks" or is a loser. That seems to be prevalent on all these boards.

Maybe because I understand that there are things that we can't possibly know about the inner workings of an NFL team. Making judgments from the outside looking in is foolish, no?
    Foolish? Not really. That's what fans do every single day on every board in America on a million different issues. None of us are getting hired by the Bills anytime soon. If you're that bothered by people making insulting comments about players maybe a fan forum is not for you. Think about it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    i think manning easily handles a jets team in tailspin, and a improving but still lack of talent miami team. (this presupposes he played for the bills) but i think the rest holds true. if he was with miami, he would have torn the bills apart. new england is new england, they always win at home because they are cheating at comfort.

did you notice how many times schaub had to look to the sidelines when it looked like they were coming back. so many qb's and coaches complain how their headsets die when they play in new england, specifically on important plays. and it's a new stadium. how can the ralph a 40+ year old structure operate better than gillette.
    If Peyton played in the AFC East, it would have been as a Fin. They were the team that was after him & he owns a house there already. Like I said, he would have had no hope of winning the division. His best hope would have been a wild card & he may not have made that. He may win the division again with the Broncos because of that weak division, but I don't see them winning more than that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

so he doesn't get paid to stand like christ in a GQ photoshoot? he doesn't take money for speaking engagements for his faith? i think if you are truly a humble person, you just don't answer any of it. my friend is incredibly religous and he is so soft spoken about it and you hardly know it. He believes and that's good enough for him. given the chance to pretend he's christ or do his job, he'd do his job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    so he doesn't get paid to stand like christ in a GQ photoshoot? he doesn't take money for speaking engagements for his faith? i think if you are truly a humble person, you just don't answer any of it. my friend is incredibly religous and he is so soft spoken about it and you hardly know it. He believes and that's good enough for him. given the chance to pretend he's christ or do his job, he'd do his job.
    Was Tebow sitting at a long table surrounded by followers or hanging from a cross in that GQ photoshoot? I missed that issue so I didn't see it.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you're that bothered by people making insulting comments about players maybe a fan forum is not for you. Think about it.
    I'm used to living in America for the last 50 odd years, so I'm used to hearing people make insulting and ignorant comments. I also didn't say I was bothered but rather that I never made one.

23. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (01-14-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm used to living in America for the last 50 odd years, so I'm used to hearing people make insulting and ignorant comments. I also didn't say I was bothered but rather that I never made one.

eh sounds to me like you're splitting hairs. message boards aren't 4:00 tea with the Smythe Smythe's of London. Lots of people, including a lot of talking heads on TV that are paid to know the inside workings of NFL front offices question whether Tim Tebow is a starting NFL QB. Fans can say he sucks if that's what they think and it doesn't make them ignorant or foolish, neither of which is a compliment in case you didn't know. This is a seriously stupid thread.