• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Jon Bon Jovi...More determined than Ever

I hope jonbovi crashes his car over a bridge.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

I hate bon jovi so much. I wouldn't care if he hit a patch of ice and drove over a high bridge. Why does this douche bag think he's Canadian now? I hope the Donald punches him in the throat.

Comment

• chris66
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
        Even using the "reasonable standard" approach in the states you mention Better Days example of the $50 Beemer wouldn't pass the smell test. You can't just make the value up from whole cloth. RI changed to straight book value because so many of the bill of sales were bogus. You're right registry's find a way to screw you on fees.
        yeah they do especially here in RI. Way too many backdoor fees

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Lots of Land by the Falls.
          Lots of buried chemicals as well!

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post
            Love Canal Stadium..is that too risque?
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              There truly is. We dug up barrels when working on a water line right by Niagara University.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

roosevelt ave

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  There truly is. We dug up barrels when working on a water line right by Niagara University.
                  The people responsible for that should have spent the rest of their lives in prison.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    The people responsible for that should have spent the rest of their lives in prison.
                    And how about the thousands of workers in those industries who took the money the businesses provided to them, raised their kids on it, bought products, stoked the economy, knowing how their personal bread was buttered? Lock all those folks up, too? Those folks werne't stupid. They knew and participated - willingly, for the coin.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      And how about the thousands of workers in those industries who took the money the businesses provided to them, raised their kids on it, bought products, stoked the economy, knowing how their personal bread was buttered? Lock all those folks up, too? Those folks werne't stupid. They knew and participated - willingly, for the coin.
                      Even if true which I doubt, those people did not make the decisions.

Crap flows down hill. Yes lower level employees that knew, should also have received jail time as well, the people that made the decisions to do that should have been locked up for life.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

just say no to Bon Jovi.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

What does fair market value have to do with anything?

You can sell your property for whatever you want, to whoever you want.

And Bids are not sealed to the person that is doing the selling, that is just STUPID.
                          Not true in this case. The NFL's other 31 owners must approve the sale and if you don't think that the viability of a region, particularly contrasted with a much more viable potential region, is a factor, guess again. That approval doesn't have to have anything at all to do with the price.

Right now my money goes on a Toronto/Ontario/Canadian interest buying the team, moving it to "just over the border," Hamilton or whatever, naming it after Ontario, Toronto, Hamilton, St. Catherines, or even quite possibly Niagara Falls, moving it away from lake effect snow by crossing to the westward side, and hoping that enough interest in WNY still exists to retain a good portion of the fan base.

Toronto is one of the world's largest financial centers, clearly has the corporate as well as personal (PSL) money amongst its fanbase, and again, it would check the "international" box on the NFL's list of goals and instantly create a whole new TV market, much bigger than any in any single city in the U.S. would due to the notion that it would be Canada's only NFL team.

I also expect that no-move clause to be bought out for something significantly less after some legal strong-arming by the new or potential new owners, and for the county to "take something rather than nothing after a few years" while pitching it to us as "the best thing." They'll probably cry over the demolition costs for Rich etc.

If there's one thing we know about contracts, of all sorts, as they relate to the NFL, they're hardly if ever in stone and the NFL and its interests/owners, etc., have ways of getting their way.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            Not true in this case. The NFL's other 31 owners must approve the sale and if you don't think that the viability of a region, particularly contrasted with a much more viable potential region, is a factor, guess again. That approval doesn't have to have anything at all to do with the price.

Right now my money goes on a Toronto/Ontario/Canadian interest buying the team, moving it to "just over the border," Hamilton or whatever, naming it after Ontario, Toronto, Hamilton, or even quite possibly Niagara Falls, moving it away from lake effect snow by crossing to the westward side, and hoping that enough interest in WNY still exists to retain a good portion of the fan base.

Toronto is one of the world's largest financial centers, clearly has the corporate as well as personal (PSL) money amongst its fanbase, and again, it would check the "international" box on the NFL's list of goals and instantly create a whole new TV market, much bigger than any in any single city in the U.S. would due to the notion that it would be Canada's only NFL team.

I also expect that no-move clause to be bought out for something significantly less after some legal strong-arming by the new or potential new owners, and for the county to "take something rather than nothing after a few years" while pitching it to us as "the best thing." They'll probably cry over the demolition costs for Rich etc.

If there's one thing we know about contracts, of all sorts, as they relate to the NFL, they're hardly if ever in stone and the NFL and its interests/owners, etc., have ways of getting their way.
                            OK, we will see who is right about this. People like you that think the Bills are moving is a foregone conclusion, or people like me that think there is no way the Bills move.

We won't have to wait too much longer to see what happens.

I look forward to the day I no longer have to read speculation about the Bills moving. And that day will be here soon.
                            Last edited by better days; 04-21-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

I look forward to the day I no longer have to read speculation about the Bills moving. And that day will be here soon.
                              The thing that will keep the Bills here long-term is a new stadium. Without a new stadium, the team will be moved when the lease allows it, and you will keep hearing the rumors. They key will be finding a local owner who can work with the correct government entities to secure an agreement on a new stadium.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                                The thing that will keep the Bills here long-term is a new stadium. Without a new stadium, the team will be moved when the lease allows it, and you will keep hearing the rumors. They key will be finding a local owner who can work with the correct government entities to secure an agreement on a new stadium.
                                When the new owner is named & it is known he has ties to Buffalo, which he will, all talk about the Bills moving can & should end.

A new stadium is a forgone conclusion. It is just a question of where it goes & if it will have a roof or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X