• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: A QUESTION FOR THE PESSIMISTS

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
    If you want to stick your head THAT far up your ass, then have at it.

You're not "whining" about me now, or have been for the last couple of pages?

All I did was make a perfectly valid point.
    You're not intelligent.

You've made your overly simplistic point over and over and over and over ... again.

We all get it. Really, we do. I don't think that there's a reader in this thread that doesn't understand it, even the one or two people in agreement or semi-agreement with you.

You're falling apart like that doesn't bolster your case either.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      You're not intelligent.
      Your sister drives a meat-wagon.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
        Your sister drives a meat-wagon.
        Yes, I understand that.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Yes, I understand that.
          That's because you are the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Let me ask you something. If we created a poll asking fans if they think some fans just constantly whine about the Bills online, what do you think the results of that poll would be? Give me a number.

Of course it's always the other guy, and whiners are only telling the truth in their own mind. If you say that most people are stupid, most people would probably agree. Think about that, Einstein.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Yet another great football post by you. Who cares.

Post #46

------

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Yet another great football post by you. Who cares.
              Apparently, you cared since you wanted to pursue this so badly. Do you wonder why I would get that impression?

Now you won't answer my question because you can't and still maintain your position. Cop out. And you were so adamant just a few minutes ago...

Of course people whine about the Bills. There is no getting around that. You should see that in your superior 15-gallon brain. It's incredibly obvious, and which group of people do you suppose don't want to admit it? Trying to deny it is ridiculous. "Simply impossible to whine about the Bills."
              Last edited by feldspar; 04-27-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Well, I see that you have difficulty coping with facts. I'm not saying that to aggitate you, but seriously, they openly said that they would not even consider taking Manuel in round one. That pretty much shoots down pretty much everything your standing for here. The fact that you don't, or perhaps cannot, recognize that doesn't change it.

They also don't talk about "hoping" or "not hoping," they talk about Manuel's chances in the NFL and their assessment is that he'll have a chance if numerous "If's" work out positively for him, but they openly state that they don't think that it will happen.

I guess that what, we're to understand that you know Manuel more than two guys that were avid fans of his and of FSU at that same school that watched him play every game for four seasons do?

Here's a friendly tip, use less emotion and more facts in your posts. I'm sincerely trying to help you out. Right now, in this thread, you cannot possibly make a bigger ass of yourself than you have.
                No, what we are to understand is that PROFESSIONALS in the Bills front office know more than those two guys or you or me.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

OK, let's go over this.
                  Oh yes, let's. Obviously you consider yourself in the 'realist' camp, so we should probably be as objective and pragmatic as possible, and stick to 'reality'.

Everyone acts like Whaley's new on board, well he isn't, this is his 5th offseason with the team.

His apologists like to suggest that he's somehow responsible for everything good during that time-span, to whatever extent that is one way or another, but not responsible for any of the negative, poor, or bad. I don't know how that's possible.

That makes him a significant part of the Front Office now for 5 seasons, and he was specifically hired for his supposed prowess as a personnel guy, which implies that Nix was more administrative and less involved with personnel, which has also been stated in numerous sources over the past few seasons. To me Whaley is Donahoe lite. They said far more positive things about Donahoe, and Whaley's a Donahoe pupil and product. Fro some reason this team's FO is enamored with the Stooler's front office. I don't get it. They hardly define the ultimate success in the NFL since we haven't made the playoffs.

If you ask me, in reading between the lines on Nix, he's been little more than a figurehead since he's been here. Either way, acting as if Whaley's had nothing to do with the team's personnel decisions, in which there have been a bunch of doozies, like Fitzpatrick's extension, as Asst. GM to a GM that really doesn't know much, is ridiculous. Disagree if you want.
                  Unless you have some first-hand, insider information on the previous front office structure, everything above is assumption and speculation. You don't know who had what responsibilities and to what extent, and are simply stating an opinion based on your perception. Using terms like 'I don't know how that's possible', 'implies' and 'reading between the lines' certainly doesn't support any argument for what the reality may have actually been. Do you know if, and how many, personnel decisions Whaley was an integral part in making, and which ones could be deemed 'successful' and the others 'failures'? Sorry, but any kind of logic you want to use is, once again, based on pure speculation.

If you're counting on Brandon, given that the odds of any inexperienced person working out in any capacity with any NFL team, based on sheer odds alone, although I base my take on more than just odds, the odds of Brandon being an even average NFL exec are slim.
                  Everybody is inexperienced at some point. What exactly are you using to determine Brandon's future capability as an NFL team President? Certainly can't be a track record, because as you have already stated he's 'inexperienced'. Pure speculation, once again.

Ditto for Whaley.
                  See above. Speculation.

As to Marrone, he's accomlished nothing as a head coach. Everyone says he "turned around" the SU program, to which I have to laugh. I'm not even going to get into the details of that. If after looking over his game logs there and noting that he was in a secondary or sub-tier conference in the NCAA, and that all he did was take his team to one of the bottom-dwelling bowl games twice, in a league where like the NHL and NBA over half the teams make the playoffs, then it's quite easy to see that his stay there wasn't impressive.
                  NCAA football and the NFL are two different animals, two different structures. A head coach works under different rules for each. The argument that Marrone is a mediocre head coach at this moment because the perception is he was a mediocre head coach in college is very weak, at best. Anybody that contends the jobs are the same is just a dumbass. You have no clue what kind of head coach Marrone will be at the NFL, unless you're opinion is based on last season alone. Again...faulty logic, and speculation.

Still, some will argue that it was, which I get. Someone posted earlier in this thread that if Manuel were on the Jets that everyone would be talking about how he sucked and that if Geno Smith were on the Bills then they'd all be saying the same things about Smith that some are saying about Manuel now.
                  Granted...that certainly isn't unusual for any fan base, and certainly nothing substantive to stand on regarding how Manuel will eventually fare at the pro level...or Smith either.

The bottom line is that Marrone's been a coach and did nothing noteworthy. His replacement at SU came in only 1 game behind Marrone's best season, and that was with a sophomore QB that had never played before and a leading WR that was also a sophomore.

No sense in arguing that. Those are facts.
                  He's been a head coach in the NFL one season. That's the only fact that is relevant.

So I'm really not sure what you expect will change here. Could it happen? Sure. But the odds that it will, particularly with Hackett at OC who was terrible last year, and with a failed head coach now coaching the D who also didn't have his D at Detroit playing par with the talent that they have.

Clearly you think differently, but to say that that, which has already been expressed, is purely opinion, well, that's just wrong. You can overlook those facts, or whitewash them as some have as I stated above by crediting Whaley for nothing but the good while dismissing him from being involved or associated with any of the bad, but would that be wise in forming an accurate opinion? It would for some here.
                  You have no facts...you have specualtion and logic not based on reality. That's already been established.

These are the facts, or, the reality, as we all know it....

1. Brandon has had complete control one season. That's reality.
                  2. Doug Whaley has been an NFL GM one season. That's reality.
                  3. Doug Marrone has been an NFL head coach one season. That's reality.

Any conclusions indicating how the above may perform in the future in their current capacities, with their current responsibilities, based on previous circumstances that dictated different capacities and different responsibilies is speculation...not reality. Any 'realist' certainly should be able to follow that simple logic. Will any of them succeed, or fail? Nobody knows. The 'reality', however, is this...they are one season in, and their previous experiences are not any indication of how they may perform in the future.

If you want to pass judgement on any of the three based on last season alone, fine, that's fair, but to prematurely judge them on anything else is just 'guessing'...not reality.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

hope: to desire with expectation of fulfillment.

I think there are some on this board that HOPE EJ is a late bloomer & a future franchise QB & others that hope he is a failure.

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      hope: to desire with expectation of fulfillment.

I think there are some on this board that HOPE EJ is a late bloomer & a future franchise QB & others that hope he is a failure.
                      I don't think any Bills fan is hoping for EJ to fail. We all want the Bills to win. Just, some of us, feel like. we have seen this movie before and would rather not have to watch it until it's tragic end, again.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Boy, you sound like a well-adjusted socially compatible individual.
                        Not me homey. I don't like a lot of people, but top of the list are guys that constantly ***** about a ****ing football team, then turn around and watch every game, follow the draft and then come on a message board and tell everyone how they could do it better. If you are not entertained, pick another team or follow soccer. It's that simple unless bloviating like a little girl gives you pleasure.`

Probably the case.

Does your Mom dress you up in a skirt and a pink blouse, *****?

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          Not me homey. I don't like a lot of people, but top of the list are guys that constantly ***** about a ****ing football team, then turn around and watch every game, follow the draft and then come on a message board and tell everyone how they could do it better. If you are not entertained, pick another team or follow soccer. It's that simple unless bloviating like a little girl gives you pleasure.`

Probably the case.

You like me so quit being a hypocrite fanboy.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post

Probably the case.

Couldn't have put it more bluntly myself.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              ROFL people trying to claim Daryl Lamonica was "great.". He was what he was. I enjoyed watching him play as much as anyone. But my recall of all the misses and INTs is better than some. Lamonica wasn't great. Stabler was great. Big difference.
                              Stabler threw a lot more interceptions than Lamonica, and that wasn't just a function of attempts. Lamonica's threw TD's at 6.3% percentage vs. 5.3% interceptions. Stabler had a 5.1 TD% vs. a 5.9 Int%. Both threw for 7.4 YPA.

Lamonica made 3 All-AFL teams (pre-merger) and 2 Pro Bowls (post-merger). He won 3 AFL championships and was AFL MVP in 1967.

Stabler was named to 4 Pro Bowls and won a Super Bowl, and was named NFL MVP in 1974.

They are actually pretty comparable players, both had great stretches of play but neither sustaining it long enough to be HOF-worthy.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                                I don't think any Bills fan is hoping for EJ to fail. We all want the Bills to win. Just, some of us, feel like. we have seen this movie before and would rather not have to watch it until it's tragic end, again.
                                I believe all true Bills fans want the Bills to win.

However I believe there are people posing as Bills fans on this board that are just here to stir crap up & are not really Bills fans at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X