Will The Bills Have A New Owner Before The Season Starts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Will The Bills Have A New Owner Before The Season Starts?

About a month ago, word was that the sale of the franchise is on the, "fast track."

The legal issues alone take time.

The NFL more than likely wants a new owner asap, with new stadium designs in hand.

The LA company hired to study the next best location for a new stadium will complete their study in July.

(Is that a conflict of interest, given they're from LA???)

Do you think the Bills will officially be sold by late August, or will this ownership transition take at least a year?
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Will The Bills Have A New Owner Before The Season Starts?

My guess would be the Bills have a new owner in place before the season ends.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Well, technically speaking, they have a new owner right now.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Funny how immediately after Wilson's death they said that the team likely wouldn't have a new owner for years and those thinking that this team had no chance of moving at all.

Maybe it's all the **** luck we've had over the years, but I'll believe that we still have a team here in WNY after someone buys the team and it's still called the Buffalo Bills.

Here's hoping, but these reports get turned on their heads so quickly. Next up, the team can't possibly leave until 2020. Not buying that either.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i think it depends on how quickly Morgan Stanley puts out the offering memo on the team and how many questions the bidders have. no one can do anything without the offereing memorandum. That will tell people the paper value of the team, and depending on how many bidders there are, someone is going to have to put a premium in the for of cash, or guarantees to the state about keeping the team here.

i also think the trust in charge of the sale will take the ability to keep it local into account.

my worry is that the toronto bid is going to be like the vanek offer sheet from edmonton. Knowing they can't get it, they put out a ridiculous price just to stick it to one of the people who wanted to keep it local and now has to bid way over simply to have the Best offer accepted.

that is my long winded way of saying, i don't think the new owner will be finalized by start of season. they may have a main contender that is publically known but is awaiting a league decision.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            i think it depends on how quickly Morgan Stanley puts out the offering memo on the team and how many questions the bidders have. no one can do anything without the offereing memorandum. That will tell people the paper value of the team, and depending on how many bidders there are, someone is going to have to put a premium in the for of cash, or guarantees to the state about keeping the team here.

i also think the trust in charge of the sale will take the ability to keep it local into account.

my worry is that the toronto bid is going to be like the vanek offer sheet from edmonton. Knowing they can't get it, they put out a ridiculous price just to stick it to one of the people who wanted to keep it local and now has to bid way over simply to have the Best offer accepted.

that is my long winded way of saying, i don't think the new owner will be finalized by start of season. they may have a main contender that is publically known but is awaiting a league decision.
            That's a sobering thought...
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Let me ask this. Does the highest bid get the team or is it the choice of the trustee board?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                Let me ask this. Does the highest bid get the team or is it the choice of the trustee board?

The board can choose. It does not have to be the highest bidder. Although they certainly won't accept my bid of $100,000.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

How about if I jump in as a minority owner with another $5,000? Think 105K would be enough?
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Look how quickly the Clippers bid was accepted...I have a feeling once the bids roll in, we will know fairly quickly who our new owner will be, whether or not the actual sale is finished quickly.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i think it's good the clippers thing was solved fairly quickly. for an agnostic billionaire who just wants to own a team and doesn't really care about history etc. would you rather spend $2BN on a basketball crazy town in the second largest market, or would you want to spend $1BN on the 53rd largest market?

it probably reduces the pool a little...or so i hope.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        i think it's good the clippers thing was solved fairly quickly. for an agnostic billionaire who just wants to own a team and doesn't really care about history etc. would you rather spend $2BN on a basketball crazy town in the second largest market, or would you want to spend $1BN on the 53rd largest market?

it probably reduces the pool a little...or so i hope.
                        This Clippers thing worries the hell out of me. The damned fool who just paid $2 BIL just set the market at a way higher price for all franchises. Something smells very fishy about the whole situation.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

I was under the impression that the next owner's meeting isn't until October, which would mean that the league can't approve the new owner until then.

If they get all the bids in at some point this summer, the trustee board could select a new owner before the season starts, but it wouldn't be finalized until after the owner's officially vote. The vote will probably just be a formality as I don't think the trustee board would pick an owner that could get voted down.

This definitely seems to all be getting resolved a lot quicker than I anticipated when Ralph passed away.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                            The board can choose. It does not have to be the highest bidder. Although they certainly won't accept my bid of $100,000.
                            Not sure about that. Trustees are normally bound, barring clauses - to get the most money for the beneficiaries from the sale of an asset. Otherwise, the trustees can be accused of self-dealing.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Not sure about that. Trustees are normally bound, barring clauses - to get the most money for the beneficiaries from the sale of an asset. Otherwise, the trustees can be accused of self-dealing.
                              Even if the beneficiary(Mary Wilson) is one of the trustees?

Comment

Working...
                              X