• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Per ESPN: Marcus Easley beating out Mike Williams

They'll keep six, anything less would just be ignorant, and Williams will be one of them.

If he didn't make the team, it would throw the entire Williams/X-J equilibrium completely out of whack, and then we'd be set back until we found another one.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

I will not say anything regarding Mike Rodaks record predicition until we win our 4th game.

That being said the guy is a flat our MORON!!! (Water Boy)

He knows nothing about the team.

Risers and fallers from OTAs is just flat out laughable.

The WRs the coaches other players said the whole point of this is to learn assignments and try and get the footwork down before training camp.

I also loved of his four fallers two were brand new to the team and one does work with the two new wrs.

Additionally Hackett said that new to this year is WRs and QBs having a step count and time count to get to a spot. In other words if EJ does a three step drop and the wr is supposed to do a quick slant but messes up his footwork the fault on the play lies with the WR not EJ. Granted this is something we will never be able to tell from watching the game. Also if EJ is supposed to a five step drop but is slow getting there and misses his primary read the fault lies with him.

These are the things they are working on and I have no problem with them struggling in OTAs, mini camps and early pre season.

By the third or in our case 4th preseason game we want to see these mistakes cleaned up with timing and what not. I dont expect to light the world on fire in the preseason as both sides of the ball will be trying new things and they are not game planning but as long as timing and rythm is better then I will feel better about our chances week 1.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i always got the sense that rodak got his dream gig of following the pats and then espn stuck him with the east coverage, and since espn doesnt care about anything other than the pats, they let his shoddy work go.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          I can't see them cutting Williams. He's our only veteran WR with any proven success or production.
          I can't either.

Poor planning? Maybe shouldn't have traded Stevie for a 4th?

Whaley sure is the genius.

By the way, anyone read about the other receivers?

Watkins struggling with reading the D, getting properly lined up, and drops.

Chandler looking well beyond his 29 years. That can improve, but it's going to have to be quickly. It's not as if he was a ringer to begin with.

This is the unit that we're relying on to propel us into the playoffs.
          Last edited by Fletch; 06-16-2014, 04:09 PM.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            i would rather have an expensive stevie who plays through everything than a deliquent like williams. but that's me.
            One of the more logical posts by anyone over the last few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
            Takes time to learn systems people, you don't just show up at OTA's and dominate when you haven't been in the offense before. Easley has the benefit of knowing the system.
            You also don't show up in the regular season with one rookie, two second year guys, and a bunch of WRs that have done even less and expect much more.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Mike Rodak articles are hereby banned from discussion. The guy is a moron and hates the Bills so really, who cares what he says?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Mike Williams has to be good -- he is part of the Syracuse Suck that we are trying to become.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

This is so funny when I read it today.
                  I know someone that has been to at least 5 practices in the OTA'S and says MW has been very good and on the 1st unit every time.
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                    Mike Rodak articles are hereby banned from discussion. The guy is a moron and hates the Bills so really, who cares what he says?
                    That was a terrible piece.

His whole opinion that MW "brings nothing special to the table" and that he "has to prove that he's better than Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley and TJ Graham".

Uh huh.

The dude has more receptions in each of his first 3 seasons than all three have in career receptions..combined.

If he doesn't make the roster, it'll be because of another personal life screw up, not that he failed to beat TJ Graham out of a roster spot.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

His whole opinion that MW "brings nothing special to the table" and that he "has to prove that he's better than Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley and TJ Graham".

Uh huh.

The dude has more receptions in each of his first 3 seasons than all three have in career receptions..combined.

If he doesn't make the roster, it'll be because of another personal life screw up, not that he failed to beat TJ Graham out of a roster spot.
                      Unfortunately there are multiple sources for these reports on Williams.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                        THAT'S the spirit!

Did you really mean to put a questionmark after that?

Either way, the fact that Williams hasn't come in and taken charge, given that he's the senior WR by default, is hardly a good sign. We're on the opposite end of the spectrum here.

Post #46

------

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Yeah, taking away anything good or bad from the OTA's seems like it's hugely premature. Implementing the full playbook alone will make it difficult but having players like Watkins will help a lot.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            Yeah, taking away anything good or bad from the OTA's seems like it's hugely premature. Implementing the full playbook alone will make it difficult but having players like Watkins will help a lot.
                            It may or may not be premature.

Premature is writing Chandler off because he's not moving well due to his surgery, he has time.

Watkins not getting the O and not reading D's well right now is also premature. Watkins dropping balls right and left and missing his routes is not, particularly since the latter was a knock on him coming out and at Clemson. Again, he didn't make a living at Clemson on solid route running and deep balls. He made it on short stuff turned long, particularly bubble screens. Those won't work in the NFL, so he'll have to butter his bread elsewhere. Will he do so at the level that's expected and that was worth 2 1st-rounders? We'll find out.

Williams getting outplayed by WRs that haven't done a thing in the NFL is also not good. He needs to emerge as a veteran leader among WRs or we won't have one, thanks to the ingenius move to trade away Stevie for a 4th (or 3rd) that we've done so much with since Whaley's been here since 2010. What kind of respect is Williams going to get, particularly with a rep for off-field issues, if he can't prove himself amongst his peers. He'll be worthless if he doesn't work that out very soon. Seems like he's already fighting an uphill battle. There's a reason why we only had to give up a 6th.
                            Last edited by Fletch; 06-16-2014, 05:52 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

Uh huh.

not to mention the current GM is the one who traded for Williams and didn't draft Graham. Personally the only way Mike Williams doesn't make our final 53 is he gets injured. As I see it he's starting on the outside along with Watkins and expect Woods at slot WR if play 3 WR like we did last year. Easley might make it for ST play. Goodwin seems to be safe leaving the 6th WR up for grabs. Hogan would seem the logical choice but time will tell.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                                • Feb 2006

I wish I could get paid for just saying things regardless of accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X