X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Bills RB, Bryce Brown 2012-2013 Highlights & Stats

Bryce Brown, 6'0 220 lbs, just turned 23 years old a little over a month ago.

2013 Stats
    The 2015 NFL season stats per game for Bryce Brown of the Seattle Seahawks on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

75 carries, 2 TD's, 4.2 yards per carry

2012 Stats
    The 2012 NFL season stats per game for Bryce Brown of the Seattle Seahawks on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

115 carries, 4 TD's, 4.9 yards per carry

Why did the Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Buffalo?

DeSean Jackson has received most of the attention, but he wasn't the only wide receiver who was sent packing this offseason by Eagles coach Chip Kelly.

"...in Philadelphia, if you don’t do things exactly the way Chip Kelly wants, you get sent packing."

Thank you, Chip.
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: Bills RB, Bryce Brown 2012-2013 Highlights & Stats

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    "...in Philadelphia, if you don’t do things exactly the way Chip Kelly wants, you get sent packing."

Thank you, Chip.
    The Eagles has the 2nd-most yards and 4th-most points in the NFL last year, Kelly's first as an NFL HC. Say what you want about Chip, but the guy knows offense.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I'm looking forward to seeing him this summer. With Fred being 33 and Spiller in his contract year, he and Dixon being added is thinking a year ahead.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

He looks good.... On another note, I think my old high school team has better tackling skills than the Cowboys... Those guys were horrible

Comment

• ICRockets
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2008

He really looks like a mix of some of the best attributes of Freddy and CJ. Freddy's downhill running style, but considerably faster.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

We must really be desperate here in Buffalo hoping on Brown like this.

This all seems to come down to 3 games of his in his two seasons. The Dallas and Carolina games in 2012 and the Chicago game in 2013. Carolina's rushing defense was very average in '12, Dallas' was below average, and in '13 Chicago's was dead last in the rankings.

Besides those three games Brown hasn't even been able to average more than 3.0 yards-per-carry. He's got one TD and hasn't done a lick in any other game of 29 other games.

Are you guys really thinking that he's going to do anything at all here besides take some carries to relieve Spiller? Is there really a basis for this? Even the most pathetic RBs have games like this, and who knows, Brown could very well be one of those pathetic RBs.

If Brown had gone to the Jets, Fins, or Pats we'd all be laughing about it. Putting any stock in Brown is foolish.

I mean really, the guy's had three good games against dicey or downright pathetic rush Ds and sucks otherwise and everyone's expecting something more here? Why? Even in those three games it was a few big plays that carried him. Sounds very much like a poor man's Spiller.
            Last edited by Fletch; 06-29-2014, 01:20 PM.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              He really looks like a mix of some of the best attributes of Freddy and CJ. Freddy's downhill running style, but considerably faster.
              He looked like a pretty average RB to me, if even that, just with a couple of good holes to run through.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

Fletch sounds very Wysian... "take away a couple of those long gains" " Besides those 3 games "

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  He's got one TD and hasn't done a lick in any other game of 29 other games.
                  Huh? Brown had 2 TD's last year. So did CJ Spiller.

Bryce Brown has 6 TD's in the last two seasons. CJ Spiller has 8 TD's in the last two seasons.

The 2015 NFL season stats per game for Bryce Brown of the Seattle Seahawks on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

The 2012 NFL season stats per game for Bryce Brown of the Seattle Seahawks on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Brown had 2 TD's on 75 carries last year.

Spiller had 2 TD's on 202 carries last year.

The 2012 NFL season stats per game for C.J. Spiller of the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

The 2017 NFL season stats per game for C.J. Spiller of the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Brown had 6 TD's on 190 carries in 2 seasons.

Spiller had 8 TD's on 409 carries in 2 seasons.

Spiller is overrated, and I don't think Doug Whaley would have drafted him if he had the final say instead of Buddy Nix.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Spiller's rookie season produced 0 TD's.

Second season produced 4 TD's.

Third season produced 6 TD's.

4th season produced 2 TD's.

4 seasons, 12 TD's.

3 TD's per season average for a 1st round draft pick after 4 years?

$3.5 million plus a signing bonus for a 5.9 million cap hit?

Is Spiller worth $2 million per touchdown?

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Huh? Brown had 2 TD's last year. So did CJ Spiller.

Bryce Brown has 6 TD's in the last two seasons. CJ Spiller has 8 TD's in the last two seasons.

Brown had 2 TD's on 75 carries last year.

Spiller had 2 TD's on 202 carries last year.

The 2012 NFL season stats per game for C.J. Spiller of the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

The 2017 NFL season stats per game for C.J. Spiller of the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Brown had 6 TD's on 190 carries in 2 seasons.

Spiller had 8 TD's on 409 carries in 2 seasons.

Spiller is overrated, and I don't think Doug Whaley would have drafted him if he had the final say instead of Buddy Nix.
                      Brown had 4 TDs in two of the games that I mentioned and a fifth in the other. Not one of those teams had a good rushing defense.

In 29 other games he's rushed for 138 carries for 416 yards, had 1 TD, a yard-per-carry average of 3.0.

I guess you think that's good. That's fine. I disagree.

Chris Ivory's had a very comparable career on average in twice as many seasons, do you think the same of him? I hope not. There are many RBs that have posted similar overall numbers on the merits of a few games.

Bobby Rainey too, who tore us up last season. Do you say the same about him? Once again, I hope not.

It's no wonder that some fans' expectations are absurd heading into every season.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                        Fletch sounds very Wysian... "take away a couple of those long gains" " Besides those 3 games "
                        What's Wysian mean?

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Spiller's rookie season produced 0 TD's.

Second season produced 4 TD's.

Third season produced 6 TD's.

4th season produced 2 TD's.

4 seasons, 12 TD's.

3 TD's per season average for a 1st round draft pick after 4 years?

$3.5 million plus a signing bonus for a 5.9 million cap hit?

Is Spiller worth $2 million per touchdown?
                          The bottom line on Spiller is that all anyone was saying about him was that he was a threat to take it to the house and score every time he touched the ball. I mean who really thinks that now? I expect a few big games out of him against crappy teams, but he rarely does much against good teams. If we can't beat teams that routinely miss the playoffs without Spiller in the lineup, as is the case, we have other serious issues.

Post #46

------

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            Brown had 4 TDs in two of the games that I mentioned and a fifth in the other. Not one of those teams had a good rushing defense.
                            Okay, let's apply that same logic in a reverse way to CJ Spiller's 2013 season.

The New England Patriots had the 30th ranked rushing defense in the NFL in 2013.

Spiller had a total of 36 rushing attempts for 146 yards and 0 TD's. The last game of the season was meaningless.

The Miami Dolphins had the 24th ranked rushing defense in 2013.

Spiller had a combined 27 attempts for 94 yards and 0 TD's against the fish.

Nothing special against BAD run defenses for CJ Spiller.

But what about the Jets? They were ranked 3rd in the NFL against the run.

In 2 games Spiller had 23 rushes for 15 yards, and 0 TD's.

3 division opponents, 0 TD's.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

In 2013 CJ Spiller had 0 TD's against the AFC East.

In 2012, he had 1 TD against the AFC East.

In 2011, he had 1 TD against the AFC East.

In 2010, he had 0 TD's against the AFC East.

Only 2 TD's in 4 seasons against the AFC East for CJ Spiller.

Bryce Brown has 3 TD's in 2 season against the NFC East.

Comment

Working...
                              X