• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Donald Trump doubts he'll get the Bills

Wow Trump got free pub out of the death of RW?

comb this over **** wad.

Comment

• bleve
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      So who are the 16?

Definite: Pegula, Trump, Toronto group/Bon Jovi.

Probable: Golisano, Jacobs, LA group?

Who else?

Isn't Dean Metropoulos, the Pabst guy one of them?
      "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
      ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bleve View Post
        Most likely.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

"But many other people will be bidding, and I would say the chances are very, very unlikely because, you know, I’m not going to do something totally stupid."

Sounds to me as if he's saying that purely as a business investment it's not a great deal. Who can argue that.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            "But many other people will be bidding, and I would say the chances are very, very unlikely because, you know, I’m not going to do something totally stupid."

Sounds to me as if he's saying that purely as a business investment it's not a great deal. Who can argue that.
            I think he's saying that the number of bids will drive the price up and he's not going to pay $400mm over assessed value for a football team with no stadium in a smaller (by NFL standards anyway), economically struggling city.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              I think he's saying that the number of bids will drive the price up and he's not going to pay $400mm over assessed value for a football team with no stadium in a smaller (by NFL standards anyway), economically struggling city.
              Pretty much a little detail on my response. Business decisions are typically made with how much money can be made in mind, usually in terms of percentage of the investment annually. Clearly owning an NFL team is not purely a business decision depending upon who the owner is. I'm thinking that Trump is looking at it mostly from a business sense.

Making this less than appealing is the fact that any new owner is likely looking at footing the vast majority if not all of the building of a new stadium all by himself. For sure the state or county isn't going to commit to helping prior to the team being sold, so the transaction has to be approached as such.

The whole thing should be interesting as it unfolds over the next many weeks. Obviously we're all hoping that the trust has some lattitude to choose whomever they think will keep the team around, but I'm just not sold that it does. We'll see soon here.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

According to Donald Trump, the chances that he becomes the next Bills owner are "very, very unlikely."
                Not surprised but it still makes me very, very happy to hear. It was always a publicity ploy for him. He doesn't have the liquidity to make a serious bid and he's always known that.

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                  Not surprised but it still makes me very, very happy to hear. It was always a publicity ploy for him. He doesn't have the liquidity to make a serious bid and he's always known that.
                  He strikes me like an owner that would actually care about winning though. I'm not a huge hockey fan anymore, but from the sounds of it there's some question whether Pegula would care about winning or more about keeping friends in the front office like Wilson's done. Slam me if you want, but I'll take an owner that cares about winning no matter who he is, unless he's a complete dirt bag, and Trump doesn't seem like a complete dirt bag, over one that won't any day.

Post #46

------

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                    • Feb 2013

very surprised that we haven't heard Bob Rich Jr's name come up about buying the Bills...rumor was he's always wanted the Bills even when Ralph Wilson was alive

Robert Rich Jr. is a billionaire with deep personal and professional ties to the Buffalo area, where the food company founded by his father brought in more than $3 billion in 2011, according to reports.
                    That puts the 73-year-old on the short-list of regionally-connected people who could help keep the Bills in Buffalo now that Wilson has died.
                    Rich, who lives in Islamorada, Fla., declined to comment through a spokeswoman for this story.
                    Rich Products Corp. was founded by Robert Rich Sr. in 1945, and is now Buffalo’s largest, privately-held company. The Bills stadium for years bore the name Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson stadium, though Rich Jr. wrote in a 2011 book, “The Right Angle,” about the strained relationship between his father and Wilson concerning the naming rights.
                    Rich also spent nine years trying to bring a Major League Baseball team to Buffalo, at one point nearly purchasing the San Francisco Giants. He owns the Buffalo Bisons, a Triple A baseball team that plays downtown at city-owned Coca-Cola, and two other minor league teams.
                    Forbes estimated Rich’s personal net worth at $2.4 billion in September in 2012, up from $2.1 billion the year before and making him the 190th richest man in America.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n....html?page=all
                    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 07-29-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bleve View Post

Noooo! No way can they change Pabst beer the official beer of the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        He strikes me like an owner that would actually care about winning though. I'm not a huge hockey fan anymore, but from the sounds of it there's some question whether Pegula would care about winning or more about keeping friends in the front office like Wilson's done. Slam me if you want, but I'll take an owner that cares about winning no matter who he is, unless he's a complete dirt bag, and Trump doesn't seem like a complete dirt bag, over one that won't any day.
                        Pegula > Trump

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

LOLZ. I predicted this the moment Trump said he was interested. The guy is a poser. Make noise then make excuses.
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Tell us something we didn't know already Donald.

Comment

Working...
                            X