• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pegula has submitted a bid

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. Lack of bids reduces the chances of the bids going too high, but there's a 33% chance of the team moving if this is true.
    No LA bid. I see it as a good thing.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Not sure how I feel about this. Lack of bids reduces the chances of the bids going too high, but there's a 33% chance of the team moving if this is true.

You know that is not true. Assuming all bids were created equally is faulty.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
        You know that is not true. Assuming all bids were created equally is faulty.
        Yeah well we don't have any information to make a quality judgment on each bid. We don't know what standards the trust is using to evaluate them or how well the bids met those standards.

Trump said he expects to lose. For all we know, his bid could have been summarily dismissed for being trash and it's 50/50 between Pegula and Toronto.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          No LA bid. I see it as a good thing.
          Yes, that's a good thing. There was some momentum behind LA when Ralph first died but it went away quickly and never came back.

This ****ing Toronto thing won't die though.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            It all depends on if this "source" is correct, early reports yesterday said there could be up to 10 bidders, it doesn't seem likely that so many would drop out, unless they're conceding to Pegula (I wish).

The early reports could of been wrong

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              I'm going to say this first.

If Terry Pegula pulls this off, he is Buffalo's greatest sports hero. The "Mount Rushmore of Buffalo Sports" should have four portraits of Terry Pegula.
              Sports hero? He will be the biggest hero period.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                He isn't playing around.
                Thanks for the clarification!!
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Jry44
                  • Apr 2013

Yes, that's a good thing. There was some momentum behind LA when Ralph first died but it went away quickly and never came back.

This ****ing Toronto thing won't die though.
                  I think it's dead.

A group bid requires a mojority owner, in which the majority owner has to front 30% of the groups bid himself. Reports are that Pegula has bid $1.3 billion. Bon Jovi I believe I saw doesn't have a net worth that's even half of that.

THAT, is what I meant by saying thar Pegula isn't playing. He blew the other two bidders out of the water right away. I think Pegula has well over a 90% of being a lock to getting the team.
                  Last edited by Jry44; 07-30-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    Thanks for the clarification!!
                    It wasn't too hard to figure out to begin with....

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      pegula also leased out 20000 sqft in the seneca tower. seems like he's moving forward pretty aggressively. they said that they are outgrowing the FNC, but 20k additional square footage sounds like it is covering other activity as well.
                      This. And I'm shocked more people aren't bringing this up and paying attention to it.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        As usual, not a lot of definitive info despite the sage know-it-alls here.

From the link to that first piece:

So what does the trust do now? Advance all three bidders to the finalist round? Cut down to just two? Or quietly extend the deadline for first bids?

The trust can alter dates, deadlines and procedures in the sale process at any time, however it sees fit.

The trust has set aside next week and the week after to meet individually with finalist bidders. After that, finalists were scheduled to be asked to submit binding, final bids.
                        If doesn't even sound like the trust knows.
                        The "expert" on WGR the other day said the trust will want 3 finalists for the final bid. He said they would not want only 2 in case one drops out, you don't want to be left with only one bidder he said.

That said, Pegula has the money to make a cash bid. Cash is king & $1.3 Bill is a STRONG opening bid.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Yeah well we don't have any information to make a quality judgment on each bid. We don't know what standards the trust is using to evaluate them or how well the bids met those standards.

Trump said he expects to lose. For all we know, his bid could have been summarily dismissed for being trash and it's 50/50 between Pegula and Toronto.
                          Yeah, not sure what to make of this with only 3 bidders. The one linked piece said that the trust has it within their authority to extend deadlines and such, but what would be the reason for thinking that more time was the issue.

We don't have enough info and these initial bids are not final. Who knows, let's say that the Toronto group bid the same or slightly more. We don't know. Or Trump.

I'm guessing that when Trump said he wouldn't win he figured that there'd be 10+ bidders as the rumors were suggesting. He may be feeling better about his chances now.

My first thought was that the other rumored 7 that were supposed to have bid avoided it because of stipulations that they learned about the sale of the team that were restrictive, above and beyond the notion that the team could not be moved (reasonably) prior to the 2020 season, and that they felt that they didn't want their investment to be so limited as to options should there be issues in Buffalo until then, which are likely.

Unlike a lot of others here, I do believe Trump would keep the team here, or do his best to.

All in all I think that this is good news. The team clearly isn't going to be selling on the cheap, so getting appropriate bids won't be an issue, and two of three bidders vow to keep the team here, one very seriously. At this point it will likely come down to what's in the trust.

It would seem that Pegula's the strong frontrunner and there doesn't seem to be an emotional interest after his, so I don't see how this doesn't lean on the good side for us. Then again, we always seem to draw the short straw so I won't be convinced until it's announced that Pegula's the new owner. I can't imagine any of the NFL owners seeing a significant issue with him either. Trump may have a small hurdle.

The bad news is that if bidders held out because they viewed the terms of sale as to restrictive, then it was likely because they didn't see the viability of the team in Buffalo for the long-term and beyond 2020.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 07-30-2014, 08:23 AM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            That said, Pegula has the money to make a cash bid. Cash is king & $1.3 Bill is a STRONG opening bid.
                            Yeah, that kinda goes without saying since the most expensive that a team has sold for prior to this was $1.1B.

I would suspect that if Pegula's pretty much more or less got it, that we'll start hearing rumors and reports indicative that that's the case very soon, likely prior to Sunday's game.

In the meantime we can hope. Next up will be hoping that he puts some people in place that know WTF they're doing on the football side of things.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

If Pegula's opening bid is really $1.3 Billion, I think Trump will drop out. He has said he will not bid a "stupid" amount, which he will probably perceive Pegula's bid to be.

Not sure how the Toronto consortium will react, but with the restrictive lease, NFL relocation fees, political pressure to keep the team here, etc. (I don't believe for a minute that they really plan to keep the team in Buffalo) I think they will not want to get into a bidding contest with Pegula and end up paying an exorbitant price.

So,if there are only three bidders, Pegula should win.
                              Last edited by Jan Reimers; 07-30-2014, 08:29 AM.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                                If Pegula's opening bid is really $1.3 Billion, I think Trump will drop out. He has said he will not bid a "stupid" amount, which he will probably perceive Pegula's bid to be.

Not sure how the Toronto consortium will react, but with the restrictive lease, NFL relocation fees, political pressure to keep the team here, etc. (I don't believe for a minute that they really plan to keep the team in Buffalo) I think they will not want to get into a bidding contest with Pegula and end up paying an exorbitant price.

So,if there are only three bidders, Pegula should win.
                                I watched Dark Skies the other night and the advice they got to protect their family was to make it as difficult as possible for them, the Aliens still took their kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X