• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Pegula has submitted a bid

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I watched Dark Skies the other night and the advice they got to protect their family was to make it as difficult as possible for them, the Aliens still took their kids.
    LOL
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      I watched Dark Skies the other night and the advice they got to protect their family was to make it as difficult as possible for them, the Aliens still took their kids.
      Hell, they can take my kids, too. Just not the Bills.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

The PR nightmare that would ensue for the estate and the league (not to mention the potential political firestorm) if they ignored a $1.5 BIL bid from a local sports franchise owner who is committed to keeping the team in Buffalo would be a shtstorm of epic proportions.

I just don't see the estate selling out Ralph's legacy over a few hundred million (and the Toronto group can go much higher than that, by all accounts), when they already have a bid to sell the team for the highest price ever for an NFL franchise.

Terry is buying this team, Toronto. Deal with it. Suck it.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          The PR nightmare that would ensue for the estate and the league (not to mention the potential political firestorm) if they ignored a $1.5 BIL bid from a local sports franchise owner who is committed to keeping the team in Buffalo would be a shtstorm of epic proportions.

I just don't see the estate selling out Ralph's legacy over a few hundred million (and the Toronto group can go much higher than that, by all accounts), when they already have a bid to sell the team for the highest price ever for an NFL franchise.

Terry is buying this team, Toronto. Deal with it. Suck it.
          Agree on the firestorm comment. If Pegula is the highest bidder it will be his regardless.

The Trust runs what happens to this team, it's independent of the rest of Wilson's estate. The only thing that hasn't been made known is whether or not the board for the trust has the lattitude or not to sell to a lower bidding potential owner if the board has reason to believe that he would keep the team in the region over another prospect. (Bon Jovi's group or Trump)

We don't know that. For all we know the trust may very well have to sell to the highest bidder. That's the news that we're all waiting to hear.

At this point in time however it seems that Pegula's going to be the highest bidder anyway, but I haven't read anything about what the Toronto group has bid and to assume that it wasn't equally as much may not be a wise assumption.

Just like there are emotional/sentimental reasons for an owner that would keep the team here, there are the same reasons for say a Toronto (international) group. First international NFL team, first Canadian team, not to mention a more profitable city in every likelihood.

People here love to jump to conclusions rather than commenting on the actual facts. Speculation and rumors carry more weight here than the cold hard facts usually and until proven otherwise.

I agree with you that Pegula is the frontrunner, but until we know what the Toronto group has bid, initially, and still with the option of bidding higher, and until we know what that Trust says, nothing should be assumed. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Wilson set it up to go to the highest bidder without giving the Trust any lattitude to do otherwise.

Also, is this bidding process, the second round, a secret ballot? ... or can bids be revised in more of an auction type of scenario. I haven't heard either way and don't recall how bidding for other teams in the NFL have gone. IIRC they're secret ballots with the winners having been the highest bidders. Maybe someone knows.
          Last edited by Fletch; 07-30-2014, 09:46 AM.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dr. Who
            • Jul 2002

I really don't know who Treg Lewis is, but he is tweeting that the Toronto group bid 1.2B; Pegula 1.3B.

What seems pretty certain, call this speculation all you want, is that Pegula has made a strong offer that is for more than any NFL team has ever sold for. Everything WagonCircler wrote is correct. It would be an absolute PR nightmare for the NFL and the trust to go with anyone besides Pegula. And why would they want to? He is the ideal NFL owner.

Comment

• cookie G
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
              I think it's dead.

A group bid requires a mojority owner, in which the majority owner has to front 30% of the groups bid himself. Reports are that Pegula has bid $1.3 billion. Bon Jovi I believe I saw doesn't have a net worth that's even half of that.

THAT, is what I meant by saying thar Pegula isn't playing. He blew the other two bidders out of the water right away. I think Pegula has well over a 90% of being a lock to getting the team.
              Bon Jovi wouldn't be the majority owner regardless. He'll own a piece, will be the front man for the franchise..but he won't be the mjaority owner..Rogers probably would own the majority.

Anyway...I like Pegula's aggressiveness.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

I'm only mildly surprised that Golisano hasn't bid. He originally said that he would buy the Bills IF it was needed to keep them in Buffalo. No doubt he's talked to Pegula recently. They might have talked about not getting into a bidding war with each other. Pegula could always offer him a piece of the team later.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                  I really don't know who Treg Lewis is, but he is tweeting that the Toronto group bid 1.2B; Pegula 1.3B.

What seems pretty certain, call this speculation all you want, is that Pegula has made a strong offer that is for more than any NFL team has ever sold for. Everything WagonCircler wrote is correct. It would be an absolute PR nightmare for the NFL and the trust to go with anyone besides Pegula. And why would they want to? He is the ideal NFL owner.
                  Playing devil's advocate, Goodell has often talked about a team in another country. The NFL PR machine could spin up "hands across the border" stuff.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                    I'm only mildly surprised that Golisano hasn't bid. He originally said that he would buy the Bills IF it was needed to keep them in Buffalo. No doubt he's talked to Pegula recently. They might have talked about not getting into a bidding war with each other. Pegula could always offer him a piece of the team later.
                    I think Tom G is Terry's ace in the hole. If the Toronto group decides to get really stupid and push the envelope towards $2BIL, then I think Golisano comes on board. And I think that's game, set, match.

The Toronto group already has three factions, Bon Jovi, Rodgers and The Maple Leaf Group. The NFL has made it clear, time and again, that they prefer a strong, single owner. I think Terry can outbid the Canadians by himself, but when you start to add up all the strikes against the Canadians, the fact that they're clearly lying about moving the team, the fact that their cobbled together bid would have to be chosen over a huge bid that fills out all the current requirements (Terry Pegs), the ironclad lease, the delicate political situation, the Bon Jovi group is FUCT. It's all just too much to overcome, especially in the context of Pegula's bid, his aggressiveness, his means, and his track record.

We're well into the 4th Quarter of this game and Terry P just took a 48-3 lead. Insurmountable.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

Pegula already won. Bid first, bid strong. He's not going to rebuild Buffalo and let the bills, the lifeblood of WNY, slip through his fingers.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I had to pull my bid once I found out how much Pegula bid. I'm just 1.399999 B short.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          Playing devil's advocate, Goodell has often talked about a team in another country. The NFL PR machine could spin up "hands across the border" stuff.
                          Taking a storied franchise away from a loyal fan-base from a blue-collar town when there is an historical offer on the table with a stable owner dedicated to the city in order to "go international" would only play to those who think the guys with the black hats are the good guys . . . pretty weak, diablo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

have we learned nothing as buffalo sports fans? it isn't over until the doc is signed and there is a press conference and the owners ratify it.

i can totally see Pegula being on the inside track and then something just epicly awful occuring and we lose the team to Bret Michaels. or whatever other 80's singer that is excited to move this to a country that hasn't supported NFL football.

I am optimistic at what it seems like, but i also know buffalo has squandered more sure things in the past.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              I think Tom G is Terry's ace in the hole. If the Toronto group decides to get really stupid and push the envelope towards $2BIL, then I think Golisano comes on board. And I think that's game, set, match.

The Toronto group already has three factions, Bon Jovi, Rodgers and The Maple Leaf Group. The NFL has made it clear, time and again, that they prefer a strong, single owner. I think Terry can outbid the Canadians by himself, but when you start to add up all the strikes against the Canadians, the fact that they're clearly lying about moving the team, the fact that their cobbled together bid would have to be chosen over a huge bid that fills out all the current requirements (Terry Pegs), the ironclad lease, the delicate political situation, the Bon Jovi group is FUCT. It's all just too much to overcome, especially in the context of Pegula's bid, his aggressiveness, his means, and his track record.

We're well into the 4th Quarter of this game and Terry P just took a 48-3 lead. Insurmountable.
                              Not to mention BJs group aligned themselves with that weasel Congel.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                                Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                                • Feb 2013

NY Post: Pegula Bids More Than $1 Billion for Bills

The Pegula's have said they're interested in keeping the team in Western New York.

Check out this story on WGRZ.com: http://on.wgrz.com/1rNHnPs

Comment

Working...
                                X