X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Forget Watkins

Robert Woods may be our no.1 wr this year.
    If things keep up with the way EJ is playing, Chandler might still have the most number of catches.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Forget Watkins

5.6 preseason ypa, the coaching staff must really be babying Manuel.

Too bad we can't declare the entire OL eligible on every play.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

It's time to take the training wheels off.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        It's time to take the training wheels off.
        16th overall 1st-round picks should never need training wheels to begin with.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          Robert Woods may be our no.1 wr this year.
          If things keep up with the way EJ is playing, Chandler might still have the most number of catches.
          I agree with both statements. Woods should/could be the Bills #1 WR. He just keeps catching passes.

And a TE or RB will have the most catches, if the pre-season trends continue.

Cue someone "It's only pre-season. It doesn't mean anything."

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            I agree with both statements. Woods should/could be the Bills #1 WR. He just keeps catching passes.

That's already coming up but the reality is we didn't look much more imaginative last season because of injury, hopefully we're past that now.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post

It's the preseason. It means ****ing EVERYTHING!
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Preseason matters but it doesn't count.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Although Robert Woods does indeed look very, very impressive, Watkins is going to be our best receiver this year. I don't remember which poster said it, but we should have a 3-WR base offense. Watkins & Williamss on the outside, and Woods in the slot. With those 3 guys, plus Freddie and/or CJ on the field, that is a tough to match up against.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

You can forget all the wr's since we don't have a qb to get the ball to them.

Chandler and checkdowns to the backs.

Hey Whaley a little tip for you, as much as I like Watkins he will be basically useless if your qb sucks.

No wonder Marrone is always pissed off, he is stuck with that stiff at qb and will be looking for a new job unless a miracle happens.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                      Although Robert Woods does indeed look very, very impressive, Watkins is going to be our best receiver this year. I don't remember which poster said it, but we should have a 3-WR base offense. Watkins & Williamss on the outside, and Woods in the slot. With those 3 guys, plus Freddie and/or CJ on the field, that is a tough to match up against.
                      I totally disagree as 1)Watkins is a rookie and to me it's telling that EJ is always looking for Woods inside the twenty it tells me he has more confidence in Woods. I think the Bills will be lucky of Watkins puts up receiving numbers like DeAndre Hopkins and Terrence Williams (see about 800 yards receiving) put up last year as rookie but think we'll see him put up Aaron Dobson type numbers (500 yards receiving). Yet my question will be does Williams and Woods on the outside with SJ13 and Ebron at TE and still having our 1st Round pick in 2015 (who we could argue could be Amari Cooper who'd replace Williams or Stevie in 2015) a better group? Time will tell.
                      Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-18-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

as long as he doesnt put up antoine dodson numbers

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Only worried about our QB, WR and what number they are, not so much.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Training wheels? Are we talking about the OC or the QB?

hackett.JPG

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                              Training wheels? Are we talking about the OC or the QB?

[ATTACH]17011[/ATTACH]
                              EJ, the OC shouldn't need to be trained to be an OC in the first place. I actually think the Syracuse buddy system is going to be Doug's demise, he should of looked for another Schwartz (HC that was cut) type guy for an NFL experienced OC to have in the fold.

Comment

Working...
                              X