X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Forget Watkins

The Bills may not have a true #1 receiver this year.

I expect Woods, Watkins, Williams & Chandler to all put up good numbers to mitigate that.

And Goodwin & Hogan should put up some lesser numbers to add to the total tally as well.

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
      You can forget all the wr's since we don't have a qb to get the ball to them.

Chandler and checkdowns to the backs.

Hey Whaley a little tip for you, as much as I like Watkins he will be basically useless if your qb sucks.

No wonder Marrone is always pissed off, he is stuck with that stiff at qb and will be looking for a new job unless a miracle happens.
      Yup! Their only saving grace was drafting another QB that quickly shows A LOT of promise which is basically 1 in a 100 shot!

So they went with option #2. Got the exciting WR and are hoping to god that EJ -somehow gets better- but there is only so much you can do when you QB is having a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn.

======•==========•===========•

Our Real Hope:
      They improve in 'other ways' this year and QB remains the only glaring whole.

The following year a New FO & Top HC are hired (not some .500 college cost or retread NFL coach that was average at best)

In his first season new HC & FO evaluate team and improve in ither ways. Then draft a QB the following year 2016 1st round pick
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        It's not like Watkins has shone in preseason. He hasn't.
        which is why I created the thread.....but in his defense, he's been in there when EJ was the qb and he hasn't shone either.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Better yet, Aaron Maybin & Mike Williams.
          If Watkins turns out to be no better than Braylon Edwards, drafted 3rd overall, or Justin Blackmon, drafted 5th overall, then there won't be much difference.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            which is why I created the thread.....but in his defense, he's been in there when EJ was the qb and he hasn't shone either.
            He's been targeted more times than any other WR I think, 7, but has fewer catches than most, 3.

It hasn't been for lack of opportunity. Also, what about the reports from varying sources now, talking about how Watkins has struggled to separate himself from opposing CBs? That's hardly good considering that pretty much his biggest strength is his speed and moves.

If you ask me he's going to have the same struggles as most rookie WRs, maybe even more. I don't think that people understand the lack of competition he faced while at Clemson and how im inflated his performances.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

He's been targeted more times than any other WR I think, 7, but has fewer catches than most, 3.

It hasn't been for lack of opportunity. Also, what about the reports from varying sources now, talking about how Watkins has struggled to separate himself from opposing CBs? That's hardly good considering that pretty much his biggest strength is his speed and moves.

If you ask me he's going to have the same struggles as most rookie WRs, maybe even more. I don't think that people understand the lack of competition he faced while at Clemson and how im inflated his performances.

actually Woods has been in there more times than Watkins. Watkins has had less opportunities than Woods. I would think teams will eventually lock on to Watkins once he gets his chemistry with EJ which would help Woods as well.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

If Watkins turns out to be no better than Braylon Edwards, drafted 3rd overall, or Justin Blackmon, drafted 5th overall, then there won't be much difference.
                Well, I have faith that Watkins won't get suspended until he is out of the league at least.

Blackmon is probably the worst draft pick in the Jags history.

But Watkins needs to have a HOF type career to justify what the Bills gave up to get him.

Comment

Working...
                X