• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: ... Bills vs. Lions GDT

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    i'll have to hunt down my extremely unpopular posts when i was complaining about the trade up and pick of watkins. I basically said the same thing. This isn't about Watkins not being a good player. it's about the price we paid to draft him when you consider ALL the parts we still need.
    That pick made no sense no matter how you look at it. It was Whaley trying to cover his ass on his Manuel pick, he wasn't thinking about the team, he was thinking with his football dick.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      I think CJ will want closer to $5M. He wants to be paid for the productivity he would have had if the Bills used him properly.
      he should. Simply put he should ask for a lot more then he's worth if he wants out and into a better opportunity. He has no obligation to pissing away the best years of his career on a team that won't use him correctly.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

i'll have to hunt down my extremely unpopular posts when i was complaining about the trade up and pick of watkins. I basically said the same thing. This isn't about Watkins not being a good player. it's about the price we paid to draft him when you consider ALL the parts we still need.
        By the way, we haven't even seen that even when healthy Watkins is going to be as good as advertised or even close. He's done nothing.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

he should. Simply put he should ask for a lot more then he's worth if he wants out and into a better opportunity. He has no obligation to pissing away the best years of his career on a team that won't use him correctly.
          I'm curious how he'd do elsewhere.

We'll resign him simply because this is going to be Jackson's last relevant season and the team won't have a choice, so once again they'll have to likely overpay because they've put their backs against a wall.

Post #46

------

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

Watkins is a China Doll.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

EJ needs to be done for the night. Jordan or Jeff need all the reps they can get.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                By the way, we haven't even seen that even when healthy Watkins is going to be as good as advertised or even close. He's done nothing.
                i've watched him get open a lot. ej rarely sees it... and even when he's open won't throw it unless he's "college football open" (meaning he has a couple yards of separation)
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

I hated the trade up then and I hate it even more now.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    I'm curious how he'd do elsewhere.

We'll resign him simply because this is going to be Jackson's last relevant season and the team won't have a choice, so once again they'll have to likely overpay because they've put their backs against a wall.
                    Good thing we extended him!

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

LOL

Bills 1st team O against Detroit's 2nd team D getting outplayed by Detroit's 2nd team O against our D starters.

Post #46

------

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

As a diehard FSU fan I see the offense progress under Ponder, regress under EJ and take off under Winston. EJ has always been an average QB
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Famous Amos
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                          Eh J isn't instilling a great deal of confidence in me.
                          No, you have it wrong man, this game was to instill confidence in EJ...I guess it didn't have the intended effect.
                          "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                          -Graham Greene

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

We look ready for business.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Good thing we extended him!
                              He got screwed for years. I'm not a big fan of paying players for back years, but if anyone's ever deserved it it's him.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                              No, you have it wrong man, this game was to instill confidence in EJ...I guess it didn't have the intended effect.
                              LOL

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                                • May 2007

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                                As a diehard FSU fan I see the offense progress under Ponder, regress under EJ and take off under Winston. EJ has always been an average QB
                                EJ's always been a very physically gifted QB that has played teams with far lesser talent than the one he's been on.

That changed when he got to the NFL and the truth has now born itself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Palmer in ... good night.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                                X