• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Bills sign Kyle Orton

Orton new name is Williams Orton Williams (WOW), which ironically is what you'll say when you see him play.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
      ...And this wasn't done 4 months ago why...?

-Bill
      Best post in the thread.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
        So Orton improved since his rookie year and EJ won't?

This is my biggest problem with the people who do nothing but ***** about Manuel. They don't want to compare him to what other guys did as rookies.It is ****ing stupid
        No it isn't. All you have to do is WATCH Manuel play. He has so many limitations. It's what wagoncircler has been saying all along. He has issues with things you can't teach.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

At least he's better than Lewis.

Manuel/Orton/Tuel >>Manuel/Lewis/Tuel....so it's an upgrade, albeit a minor one.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

He's also better than Tuel and Manuel.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Praise the lord!

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

"Lou...this is your chance to manage in the big leagues"

"I'll get back to you later....I got a guy coming in now for a set of radial tires."

-Major League

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

LOL
                  http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                  (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                  Originally Posted by pmoon6
                  The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
                    Are people really excited about Orton? Give me a break. He's a journeyman back up with skill set equivalent to Ryan Fitzpatrick. We are going to fall into this never ending cycle. We have a really bad qb and a below average qb will step in after an injury and play mediocre and we'll make him our franchise qb. Losman to Edwards. Edwards to Fitz. Manuel to Orton. When will this end? Woulda rather took a shot with Tebow. We know what we get with Orton and Tebow but at least I might be able to watch some entertaining football with Tebow.

Yeah. Him and EJ having an inaccuracy contest would be really entertaining!

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
                      Are people really excited about Orton? Give me a break. He's a journeyman back up with skill set equivalent to Ryan Fitzpatrick. We are going to fall into this never ending cycle. We have a really bad qb and a below average qb will step in after an injury and play mediocre and we'll make him our franchise qb. Losman to Edwards. Edwards to Fitz. Manuel to Orton. When will this end? Woulda rather took a shot with Tebow. We know what we get with Orton and Tebow but at least I might be able to watch some entertaining football with Tebow.
                      Well, I don't think that too many people think that Orton is the difference between another 6-10 team and a playoff team. First of all they're not going to sit Manuel, but at some point this season, likely sooner than later, it's going to become blatant to the team that Manuel's a bust. They're less willing to throw the towel in than fans and media are, especially since when out goes Manuel so too out goes Whaley's future.

At the same time, I do think that it may be the difference between football that's worth watching or not worth watching. I mean seriously, how many of us are really looking forward with anticipation to watching Manuel hack up the field.

If you ask me, the reason why this or another strong backup QB move wasn't made earlier it is because the team didn't want a QB controversy, so they wanted more unknown type of QBs in there than one like Orton who the fans are going to be chanting for sometime during our first home game.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                        if we are going to do this right we need to think up witty mean nicknames for each qb and use them to insult each other for the next four months
                        You're so much smarter than the rest of us.

maybe you could evaluate how race affects the position?

or r u too busy wheeling around Love Canal?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I'm not overly excited, but I will say this. Orton has been successful as a starter in the past.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

The Bills didnt sign Orton to start and you're fooling yourself if you believe that. The same people were calling for Thad Lewis to be promoted to QB1. Where is he now? Teams just chomping at the bit for a piece of Lewis.

Your jagged little pill:

Marrone and Hackett are hanging their pro career hats on Manuel. If the Bills were seriously concerned about Manuel they would have done something more significant than Kyle Orton or Jordan Palmer. The draft would have looked much differnt or they would have been involved in a trade for a QB with a lot more upside. Orton's days are numbered. He' a journeyman at best. A quality back up in the event of injury.

It is blatantly obvious the move for Orton is because they are trying to shore up the back up QB position with vet experience.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                              The Bills didnt sign Orton to start and you're fooling yourself if you believe that. The same people were calling for Thad Lewis to be promoted to QB1. Where is he now? Teams just chomping at the bit for a piece of Lewis.

Your jagged little pill:

Marrone and Hackett are hanging their pro career hats on Manuel. If the Bills were seriously concerned about Manuel they would have done something more significant than Kyle Orton or Jordan Palmer. The draft would have looked much differnt or they would have been involved in a trade for a QB with a lot more upside. Orton's days are numbered. He' a journeyman at best. A quality back up in the event of injury.

It is blatantly obvious the move for Orton is because they are trying to shore up the back up QB position with vet experience.
                              Doesn't matter if they signed him to start, and I don't think that anyone disagrees with that. But that's not going to stop the fans from chanting for Orton after it becomes obvious that Manuel sucks and isn't improving nor ever will. It's going to be difficult to coach if after every offensive series fans start calling for the backup QB.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              or r u too busy wheeling around Love Canal?
                              I think that a number of people here shop regularly at the Love Canal organic farmers market.

Post #46

------

Comment

• RedEyE
                                • Jul 2002

You all want to support a QB that clearly has had his golden opportunity in the NFL and has already fallen on his face - instead of supporting the young guy that doesn't even have a full season under his hat and still has a lot to prove before ANYONE can determine he's a bust?

That doesn't make a lick of sense. Great fans we have here.

Comment

Working...
                                X