Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    For a couple of posters here it sure comes across as hatred. Not you btw
    One poster should have his sig line removed in regards to EJ.. Over the top offensive

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    One poster should have his sig line removed in regards to EJ.. Over the top offensive
    Fixed.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    For a couple of posters here it sure comes across as hatred. Not you btw
    I hate the fact that he somehow one upped JP Losman in terms of ineptitude.

That's no easy feat.

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (09-30-2014),jlgarsh (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.
    Better Days... your one for missing the bigger picture. There is a huge difference between those Giants teams and this Bills team, between Eli as a prospect and EJ as a prospect! Big Differences!

For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! So, its understandable why a few vets would prefer the guy who took them to the dance over the guy who was just drafted!

And as prospects, these two guys could not be more different! Eli was first pick in the draft and widely considered the best QB and player and the CONSENSUS #1 Overall Pick...IN ONE OF THE BEST QB DRAFTS EVER!!!

EJ on the other hand, was considered a Developmental Project who was projected to be 3-5th round pick in one of the WORST QB DRAFTS! And he is coming on a team that has not stiffed the playoffs in 15years, to vets who want any ray of light and hope.... and he brings NONE!
    He is as far from Eli as you can get...
    Please Make Sense

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! .
    Your storyline is a little off.
    The 2003 Giants finished 4-12, including losing their last 8 games. Not so much a contenter…their QB (Collins) play was horrible.
    In 2004 the Giants drafted Eli Manning.
    Manning & Collins NEVER played on the same team …Collins was gone after the 2003 season. Kurt Warner was the other Giant QB in 2004.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.
    Can you please get your head out of EJs ass? I mean you stick up for the guy like he is your son or something. He might turn it around but he probably won't. Your constant rescuing of his reputation in threads is sickening.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    You're confusing frustration with hatred.

My wife and I met Bledsoe after a game in Baltimore and JP Losman before a game in Buffalo. Both were extremely nice and seemed like the kind of guy I'd want on my team. But they still didn't get the job done on the field.
    No he isn't.... and if you don't think so then you're not reading the same posts as I am.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    You're confusing frustration with hatred.

My wife and I met Bledsoe after a game in Baltimore and JP Losman before a game in Buffalo. Both were extremely nice and seemed like the kind of guy I'd want on my team. But they still didn't get the job done on the field.
    I'm not, but thanks for trying. There are the guys like you who are frustrated with EJ's lack of visible progress and doubt his future success. That's fine. I'm in the same camp, but with a little bit more optimism than you are capable of. But then there are people who act like he's personally slighted them by merely existing in the vicinity of their favorite football team. Those are the guys who I don't understand, and I'd like them to make some sort of effort in helping me do so.

11. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Think it's bad now, wait til next week when EJ looks just like he did in preseason.
    I'm more worried about if he looks "okay"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Better Days... your one for missing the bigger picture. There is a huge difference between those Giants teams and this Bills team, between Eli as a prospect and EJ as a prospect! Big Differences!

For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! So, its understandable why a few vets would prefer the guy who took them to the dance over the guy who was just drafted!

And as prospects, these two guys could not be more different! Eli was first pick in the draft and widely considered the best QB and player and the CONSENSUS #1 Overall Pick...IN ONE OF THE BEST QB DRAFTS EVER!!!

EJ on the other hand, was considered a Developmental Project who was projected to be 3-5th round pick in one of the WORST QB DRAFTS! And he is coming on a team that has not stiffed the playoffs in 15years, to vets who want any ray of light and hope.... and he brings NONE!
    He is as far from Eli as you can get...
    It was not me that said it, I just posted what Matt Kollar said.

Call him up & argue with him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Can you please get your head out of EJs ass? I mean you stick up for the guy like he is your son or something. He might turn it around but he probably won't. Your constant rescuing of his reputation in threads is sickening.
    I never said EJ is going to be great.

All I am saying is that he should be given the year to sink or swim.

There are no better options than that, not even Orton.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And IMO, what is sickening is all the HATE for a guy that has only played 10 games.

16. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (09-02-2014),CoolBreeze (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,951 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Orton may be the best backup QB in the league but he is just that, a backup. It seems like signing Orton brought the EJ hate up several notches, not sure why. EJ is what he is. A raw QB who is going to have his ups and downs. I swear to God the usual suspects that post something negative in every single thread that even mentions EJ are sad sacks that need to step out of mommy's basement and get some fresh air.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,086 Times in 4,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    I hate the fact he's on my team
    When did you buy the team?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And IMO, what is sickening is all the HATE for a guy that has only played 10 games.
    We share the same opinion. He hasn't even played a full season yet, and last year he did fine for a rookie QB. He can win games, and it's questionable if he's progressed even close to where we want him. But I seriously doubt he's gotten worse. Unfortunately the constant badgering will continue until he shuts them up or gets benched. I'm not concerned with the "bench EJ he's terrible, and we're doomed" crowd. For they're not football experts, nor do they have a crystal ball. This is what 15 years of disappointment does to a select few. They're frustrated and want results now. For me, I'll wait until week 4 before I come to a conclusion about EJ.

I have to put my faith in EJ, our season is on his and only his shoulders. NOT ORTON'S whether we like it or not

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    Your storyline is a little off.
    The 2003 Giants finished 4-12, including losing their last 8 games. Not so much a contenter…their QB (Collins) play was horrible.
    In 2004 the Giants drafted Eli Manning.
    Manning & Collins NEVER played on the same team …Collins was gone after the 2003 season. Kurt Warner was the other Giant QB in 2004.
    In 2000 Collins took the Giants to the SB, with many of the same players that were on that 2003 team that imploded to 4-12.

Even the year before, 2002, the Giants were a playoff team and I think that was the year they lost that crazy game in the playoffs to the 49ers -second greatest playoff comeback!

Point is that the Giants and Bills are not comparable in their situations and prior performance and vet expectations.

21. Post thanked by:

Homegrown (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Can somebody explain to me all the EJ Hatred? I'm not talking about the people who doubt his ability to be our guy, I'm talking about the ones who are literally incapable of saying a nice, or even neutral, word about him. What is it about EJ Manuel that makes you people hate him as a human being? Do you even recognize that that's what is happening? Can we tone it down, maybe? He seems like a genuinely decent person and the type of guy who should be easy to root for.
    These are the same people that cheered and applauded Whaley for drafting him and then proceeded to lecture us all on how anyone that was skeptical of the move didn't know what they were doing. This is that other side of that bi-polar thing that they have going on.

They get so ramped up with eagerness and anticipation instead of simply reading coherent and well-written documentation on, in this case, Manuel, and they ignore anything unfavorable written about him as a draftee.

Then when their opinionated narcissistic world crumbles around them they swing over to that other polarity in that bi-polar thing. Just wait, it will get even better as the season progresses and will climax early this year, probably in early October if not sooner. At least if the team isn't entertaining, you'll be able to come here and be entertained by it all.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never said EJ is going to be great.

All I am saying is that he should be given the year to sink or swim.

There are no better options than that, not even Orton.
    I see your 'Changing your Vote' already

24. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough
    A whole lot of people told everyone in the world that EJ wasn't good enough, that was prior to the day that we drafted him. Did anyone at OBD listen? No, of course not. Why put to use good information when you can wing it and make it sound good in post-draft speeches.

Instead, see below in my sig. Whaley states that they found a gem, that Manuel has that "It Factor," and that he's a great leader with presence.

Three strikes in a matter of moments on Draft Day last year.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In 2000 Collins took the Giants to the SB, with many of the same players that were on that 2003 team that imploded to 4-12.

Even the year before, 2002, the Giants were a playoff team and I think that was the year they lost that crazy game in the playoffs to the 49ers -second greatest playoff comeback!

Point is that the Giants and Bills are not comparable in their situations and prior performance and vet expectations.
    True ...