• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

AP sources: At least 3 groups set to bid on Bills

BUFFALO — At least three groups, including Buffalo Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula, have entered final negotiations to buy the Buffalo Bills.

Three people close to discussions told The Associated Press on Tuesday that New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump and a Toronto-based group led by rocker Jon Bon Jovi also have received formal documents in advance of a deadline for bids to be submitted by Monday. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the sale is being conducted privately.

Two other people familiar with the process say former Sabres owner Tom Golisano is not prepared to submit a bid.

Proskauer Rose, the law firm representing late-Bills owner Ralph Wilson’s estate, distributed what are called purchase agreements to each of the groups. The agreements are binding documents that require groups to submit a formal bid as well as establish the terms and conditions of a potential sale.

The team is being sold after Wilson — the Bills founder and Hall of Fame inductee — died in March.

The Pegulas remain the front-runners. They have a net worth of more than $3.5 billion, and have the support of local business leaders and public officials because of their commitment to keep the Bills in western New York.

The Bon Jovi group remains intact despite several recent reports of it splintering. The group is rounded out by Larry Tanenbaum, chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, and the Rogers family, which controls Rogers Communications.

The biggest obstacle that has consistently faced Bon Jovi and his partners is the question regarding their intentions to possibly relocate the franchise north of the border.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: AP sources: At least 3 groups set to bid on Bills

"Two other people familiar with the process say former Sabres owner Tom Golisano is not prepared to submit a bid."

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

"The Pegulas remain the front-runners. They have a net worth of more than $3.5 billion...."

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

This just in
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Tom G. is a wealthy guy, just not quite this wealthy.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Apparently also not quite interested enough.

I have this hunch that Pegula's not going to be as open-walleted as some think. He's justified in thinking that Morgan Stanley and the trust are trying to game him into putting up more than he had to. That can't sit well.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Apparently also not quite interested enough.

I have this hunch that Pegula's not going to be as open-walleted as some think. He's justified in thinking that Morgan Stanley and the trust are trying to game him into putting up more than he had to. That can't sit well.
              Having just sold land for $1.75 BILLION, Pegula understands people try to get the most they can when selling something.

Pegula will pay whatever it takes to win the bid.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

do you know why golisano isnt submitting a bid? because ej sucks
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  That literally made me laugh out loud. Good comic relief
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    That may have something to do with it. If EJ can play halfway decently, this team should be good next year or the year after.

This team bet the farm on EJ. If he sucks, we have no first round draft pick to replace him until 2016, which means two years of suck followed by another 3 year rebuilding cycle. The team won't be competitive until 2019.

That prospect can't be too inviting for someone who needs to invest nearly a billion dollars and then immediately start negotiations on a new stadium.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      That may have something to do with it. If EJ can play halfway decently, this team should be good next year or the year after.

This team bet the farm on EJ. If he sucks, we have no first round draft pick to replace him until 2016, which means two years of suck followed by another 3 year rebuilding cycle. The team won't be competitive until 2019.

That prospect can't be too inviting for someone who needs to invest nearly a billion dollars and then immediately start negotiations on a new stadium.
                      I am pretty sure Meathead was joking Op.

The Bucs had no QB in place when the Glazer family bought them, nor did the Cowboys when Jones bought them.

Two teams off the top of my head. And just because the Bills have no first rnd pick today does not mean they won't have one at the time of the next draft.

And a new stadium will not be needed for years.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

So this is a new story about the exact same thing we already knew. Just sell the ****ing team already. Sick of this.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

I'm curious if each group will be able to raise their offer based on the other offers that come in. In other words, if Pegula submits a bid for $1 B, and the Toronto group bids $1.1 B, can Pegula bid $1.2 B?
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                            I'm curious if each group will be able to raise their offer based on the other offers that come in. In other words, if Pegula submits a bid for $1 B, and the Toronto group bids $1.1 B, can Pegula bid $1.2 B?
                            Yes.

It is an open bid process.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                              We don't know for sure, but why wouldn't the trust want a bidding war?

Comment

Working...
                              X