• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billser
    • Oct 2007

Re: Watkins Watch

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I've never met an intelligent person who finds the need to tell other people they're not too bright. Statements like that usually reflect the lack of intelligence by the person making the statement, and an overcompensation for said lack of intelligence. Just keeping it real.
    Haha, it's all good. Especially if he's an old school guy (since he keeps suggesting he's watched years of football). I'm just not gonna post on this thread again. I know he's probably going to tell me I'm not "bright" again and that sort of stuff becomes tiresome for everyone involved.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Receptions
      1. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 18
      2. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers – 16
      3. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs - 13
      4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 13
      5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 12
      6. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 9
      7. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
      8. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins - 8
      9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
      10. Davante Adams WR, Green Bay Packers - 7

Receiving Yards
      1. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 253
      2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 186
      3. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 182
      4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 167
      5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 154
      6. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs – 138
      7. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 109
      8. Taylor Gabriel WR, Cleveland Browns – 94
      9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 73
      10. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins – 73

Touchdowns
      1. Derek Carr QB, Oakland Raiders – 3
      2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 3
      3. Isaiah Crowell RB, Cleveland Browns - 3
      4. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 3
      5. Carlos Hyde RB, San Francisco 49ers - 2
      6. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 2
      7. Jeremy Hill RB, Cincinnati Bengals – 2
      8. Terrence West RB, Cleveland Browns - 2
      9. Blake Bortles QB, Jacksonville Jaguars

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        I've never met an intelligent person who finds the need to tell other people they're not too bright. Statements like that usually reflect the lack of intelligence by the person making the statement, and an overcompensation for said lack of intelligence. Just keeping it real.
        I've never met an intelligent person that who continually introduces things that aren't even part of a discussion into a discussion as if they were.

I also don't meet too many people that can't tell the difference between 2 and 10. Yet we have that here. Oh wait, yeah, I do. They're all toddlers.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by billser View Post
          I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was suggesting speed is the primary component. Pointing out there are fast receivers means nothing either. Even if I were suggesting slow receivers automatically suck, which I'm not, pointing out some fast receivers are bad is pointless here.

I wasn't suggesting he's slow, I was suggesting he's epic slow. A lot of slow 4.48, 4.5 receivers are great, just not too many 4.6s...that's reallyyyyyy slow. Might be a good reason to not have drafted him.

It's as relevant to this thread as you suggesting Watkins' route running is questionable.
          It's not a big deal man, just conversation. You don't need to get insecure Bc you couldn't find many receivers who ran a 4.6 and tell people they're not bright.
          For epic slow he's outperforming the WR that you're defending by a wide margin so far.

On top of that that's all that Mike Williams runs and everyone here was raving about him when we picked him up. Now, not so much.

Consistency of opinions lacks here.
          Last edited by Fletch; 09-23-2014, 10:38 AM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            Receptions
            1. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 18
            2. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers – 16
            3. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs - 13
            4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 13
            5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 12
            6. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 9
            7. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
            8. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins - 8
            9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
            10. Davante Adams WR, Green Bay Packers - 7

Receiving Yards
            1. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 253
            2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 186
            3. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 182
            4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 167
            5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 154
            6. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs – 138
            7. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 109
            8. Taylor Gabriel WR, Cleveland Browns – 94
            9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 73
            10. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins – 73

Touchdowns
            1. Derek Carr QB, Oakland Raiders – 3
            2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 3
            3. Isaiah Crowell RB, Cleveland Browns - 3
            4. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 3
            5. Carlos Hyde RB, San Francisco 49ers - 2
            6. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 2
            7. Jeremy Hill RB, Cincinnati Bengals – 2
            8. Terrence West RB, Cleveland Browns - 2
            9. Blake Bortles QB, Jacksonville Jaguars
            These guys are so bright as they insist that they can't even see these simple things for themselves.

Post #46

------

Comment

• billser
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              For epic slow he's outperforming the WR that you're defending by a wide margin so far.

On top of that that's all that Mike Williams runs and everyone here was raving about him when we picked him up. Now, not so much.

Consistency of opinions lacks here.
              At least you didn't commit another colossal logical fallacy and name bad fast receivers again to prove a point. Mike Williams ran a 4.53, I don't think you understand at this point. And even then, he's not even elite. No one defines success as outperforming someone in a 3 game span. Stop using your flawed barometer to justify your conclusions.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

fletch has the easiest gig here. be pessimistic about every single thing and dismiss any positives as one-offs and when the team ends up below .500, he gets to be deemed a genius. and the way you know he's a troll is that he wants to be right more than root for the team to do well in the long run.

if the team has a good run, he'll be gone openning some other accounts like MusicCity or some other annoying handle. fletch is about 14 years old and doens't have a lot of friends. hence this thread is all he's got. I say let him have it.

if you want to talk about football, use anyone of the other threads and ignore his useless posts.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Name a few current elite receivers who ran 4.6s.
                  Anquan Boldin
                  Larry Fitzgerald
                  Wes Welker

Comment

• billser
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                    Anquan Boldin
                    Larry Fitzgerald
                    Wes Welker
                    Yup, agreed...those were only ones I saw too. Point made.

It is a small list though. Also, they're older receivers, times are kinda changing. Dunno, my point only was that the 4.6 is really scary at a time when 6 3 guys are running 4.3s and 4.4s. It woulda made me thinks twice to draft a guy in first round.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Yup, agreed...those were only ones I saw too. Point made.

It is a small list though. Also, they're older receivers, times are kinda changing. Dunno, my point only was that the 4.6 is really scary at a time when 6 3 guys are running 4.3s and 4.4s. It woulda made me thinks twice to draft a guy in first round.
                      Forgot last years top rookie receiver, Keenan Allen. Could also thrown Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, James Jones and Hakeem Nicks on the list, but they are merely good, not great.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Haha, it's all good. Especially if he's an old school guy (since he keeps suggesting he's watched years of football). I'm just not gonna post on this thread again. I know he's probably going to tell me I'm not "bright" again and that sort of stuff becomes tiresome for everyone involved.
                        Keep posting, young man. You offer up opinions, valid points to ponder, and do it in a well-mannered fashion.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

At least you didn't commit another colossal logical fallacy and name bad fast receivers again to prove a point. Mike Williams ran a 4.53, I don't think you understand at this point. And even then, he's not even elite. No one defines success as outperforming someone in a 3 game span. Stop using your flawed barometer to justify your conclusions.
                          Sounds like that may have been a best. Sounds like he's more a 4.6 WR.

The other orphan from the 2004 draft, former Southern California wide receiver Mike Williams, lost the farm here on Sunday afternoon in the 40-yard dash.

Either way, tell us oh genius how come Kelvin Benjamin is near the top of the charts as such a "slow" receiver.

Talk about flawed barometers. If trapezeus actually had a brain bigger than his mouth or one of his nuts he'd quit with the nonsense and enlighten us all to how come Watkins and his blazing speed isn't doing as well as, as you put it, a much slower receiver.

And spare use the "it's the QB crap" because if you'll recall all we've heard since he was drafted was about how he's going to be used all over the field and all we had to do was get the ball into his hands and he would do magical things with it.

See, the problem here is that you and others don't recognize the actual problem, the problem is not Watkins, or EJ. It's Whaley and the front office. Only a fool doesn't understand that speed rarely makes the kind of difference in the NFL that it made in college. There are a bunch of fools here, but Whaley is clearly one and he gets paid a whole lot of ****ing money to understand that much.

He also gets paid a lot too ****ing much to not understand that EJ's flaws were ones that would ever prevent him from doing much in the NFL.

See, trapezeus likes to play the "poor me" card and suggest that all I do is complain to be right, but there is such a thing as better understanding of the game and the players that play it, especially as they make a transition from college to pro. There are a lot of things to look at when understanding how those transitions are going to go. Some are easy, some are not, but most of them can be determined, at least generally speaking.

trapezeus is among the group that just listens to any **** that the leaders of this team tell them and then they bloviate about it and suggest that no one could have known these things ahead of time and unlike him who's wrong most of the time, the ones that do happen to be right most of the time just got lucky in their guesses. Completely lost on that tard is that if their track record is that good by merely guessing, maybe he should just STFU and go in on their guesses since pure blind luck seems to have many times more success than anything he seems to ever say.

I mean how is it even possible to be wrong so often. Think about it, he incessantly *****es and says the same thing repeatedly, that the "pessimists" only talk down about the team and "when they're right ..." At the ends of the seasons they're always right. So what does that say about those that didn't agree even if they were just being pessimistic for the reasons that he says.

There is no cure for stupidity. Trapezeus has a lifelong incurable ailment.

In the meantime why don't you show us all how much more intelligent you are. Explain to everyone here why a WR that you imply shouldn't be having success is having so much more success than Watkins, who's ridiculously faster and can turn any simple touch into something marvelous to behold?

Go ahead, we're waiting.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 09-23-2014, 03:49 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

when an offense runs 60% of the time and doesn't target a wr as often as a team that passes 60% of the time and exclusively targets him, the results may be different. you can google translate that to whichever language you understand.

Your analysis is flawed routinely.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              when an offense runs 60% of the time and doesn't target a wr as often as a team that passes 60% of the time and exclusively targets him, the results may be different. you can google translate that to whichever language you understand.

Your analysis is flawed routinely.
                              Right, and yet, somehow you end up on the short end of the stick at the end of every season.

Post #46

------

Comment

• feldspar
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

There is no cure for stupidity.
                                Nor is there a cure for being a douchebag.

Comment

Working...
                                X